Goal Song Voting Begins

Joe McGrath's Necessary Poll

• Total voters

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Uprising feels like a song I'd like to listen to (because it is), but not necessarily a goal song.
Still voted for it though

You know they're going with Petey Pablo or Brass Bonanza though.

Reactions: Unsustainable

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
I dont listen to rap at all but I figure I’d listen to that Petey Pablo song since everybody seems to love it. Couldnt get past all the excessive cussing and the slang version of the n word. Obviously they are not going to be airing a dirty version but dang why can’t they get some old school stuff like Run DMC if you want to do something other than dance or rock and roll. Just not my thing peeps.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Should’ve been Kurt Angle’s theme music so 18,000 strong (lol) can chant “YOU SUCK” and point at the goalie for a solid minute after every goal.

At this point I probably just keep the current song. None of these seem like a good goal song save for the Brass Bonanza, and I’m not touching that one.

Agreed. The current song is actually great IMO, and the only other one that's even remotely suitable is Brass Bonanza- and nobody wants the baggage that goes with that, as good as it admittedly is.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Of all the things that could have made me revoke my fandom, this may finally be the last straw

Considering we, at one point, had a goal song recorded by a pedophile I think I'd be fine with almost any of those choices except Brass Bonanza. If regular Brass Bonanza is awful, the Brass Bonanza (Techno Remix) may be a full-on violation of the Geneva Convention, something that would be played on infinite loop in the lowest circle of Hell. That said, my rank order of the Top 8 are:

1. The Nights
  2. Raise Up
  3. Jump Around
  4. Uprising
  5. Rock and Roll
  6. Party Up
  7. Lithium
  8. Brass Bonanza (Techno Remix)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Should’ve been Kurt Angle’s theme music so 18,000 strong (lol) can chant “YOU SUCK” and point at the goalie for a solid minute after every goal.

At this point I probably just keep the current song. None of these seem like a good goal song save for the Brass Bonanza, and I’m not touching that one.

This guy gets it

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Strange, my suggestion for Lonesome Loser by Little River Band isn't one of the choices :huh:

I'm all for keeping what we have now (The Nights).

Aside from the Nirvana song, none of these fit well as a goal song in my opinion, they're more break in the action songs, and yes that includes the brass bonanza techno song.

I am very happy to not see Zombie Nation here :thumbu:

I am also hoping this means an end to the pop bullshit that for some reason still plagues the game atmosphere. Any of these choices actually are better than Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Shawn Mendes, and One Direction among many others but these are the ones I've heard in person that really made me cringe.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Hilariously enough, according to Dante the lowest circle of Hell is a surface of ice holding those who were treacherous to their benefactor. Dundo is a mean operator towards the likes of @garnetpalmetto who dare suspect his hartfordian wisdom and wish to come to his arena.

#whalingandgnashingofteeth

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Also, we should probably plan to switch to this after the all star break:

The obvious correct choice would be to go with Verdi's Requiem and not Mozart's, specifically the Dies Irae bit featured heavily in the episode "Requiem" of the 1995 TV series American Gothic that was situated in Trinity, South Carolina.

Maybe brass it up a bit just to shut the pie holes leaguewide.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
Pretty darn horrible. First of all , needs more bluegrass and metal. Bach's Brandenburg concerto gets my vote. Also the soggy bottom boys with the man of constant sorrow. Metal... Hammer smashed face by cannibal corpse.
If you want rap , how bout ice ice baby

All these would be killer goal songs

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Petey Pablo would be fun cause I'd like to watch the Pearl clutching if they keep in the "Who am IIIIIII" and drunk 20-30 year olds scream out "PETEY PAB MUTHA****AAAAAAAAAA"

Makes it an easy win for me with a handful of uninspiring options.

“Svechnikov MOTHER*******”

Carry the cadence. Too inviting.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's 2018 so we should go all in with the aspiring young women angle that's the hoot now and use an up-to-date Bella Thorne song.

You know, just to take the mickey mouse franchise accusations and shake it up.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Pretty darn horrible. First of all , needs more bluegrass and metal. Bach's Brandenburg concerto gets my vote. Also the soggy bottom boys with the man of constant sorrow. Metal... Hammer smashed face by cannibal corpse.
If you want rap , how bout ice ice baby

All these would be killer goal songs

everything about this post is out of touch and bad actually

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: