Goal Scoring Predictions

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yes I saw that post and in your opinion the Preds are 7th if I recall among the 16 playoff teams. Your entitled to that opinion. But Vegas disagrees with you as well as every talking head I have seen. The highest I have seen the Preds ranked is 12 and most think they are 15 or 16. And I think that's about right. If I were to rank the 30 teams in the league That's about where I would put them at this point due to the failures of Those western teams I mentioned. If you Only consider the last 15 games of the season They would again be at the 17 - 20 where I thought they would be preseason. I Predicted preseason the P{reds would have 97 points and miss the playoffs by 8. Since 2015 it took 99 points for the Jets to take WC2 I thought the West and central in particular set up to up that margin. That's why im a little disappointed that 96 took WC1. In the old NHL of no 3 point games 90 points was almost assured a playoff spot with that considered The bar is now 100 points really. And honestly if the Preds were able to do anything whatsoever in OT They would have been north of 100.

For the record, I had the Preds 8th- I wouldn't argue with them anywhere in the 8-10 range but no lower than that.

And you mention that Vegas disagrees with me on that- well, no they don't. All of the vegas articles are odds to win the Conference or Cup. Because the Preds are in the West with 6 of the top 8 teams in the league, their odds are going to be lower than many teams in the East who aren't as good as the Preds. I guarantee you our odds would be much better in Vegas if we were in the Eastern conference. My rankings in that post were pure power rankings, not playoff odds.

And by the way it is NEVER going to take 105 points to make the playoffs- its almost an impossibility unless you had a bunch of teams with 40 points for the season...

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Lessee, where'd I put that... oh, here it is.
  1. Neal - 26 (31, +5)
  2. Smith - 21 (21, 0)
  3. Fisher - 19 (13, -19)
  4. Weber - 18 (20, +2)
  5. Ribeiro - 17 (7, -10)
  6. Wilson - 16 (6, -10)
  7. Hodgson - 14 (3, -11)
  8. Forsberg - 13 (33, +20!)
  9. Josi - 13 (14, +1)
  10. Nystrom - 10 (7, -3)
  11. Bourque - 8 (1, -7)
  12. Ellis - 7 (10, +3)
  13. Jones - 6 (1, -5)
  14. Gaustad - 6 (2, -4)
  15. Jarnkrok - 4 (16, +12)
  16. Ekholm - 4 (8, +4)
  17. Jackman - 3 (1, -2)
  18. The Field - 1 (30, +29 - includes RyJo)

Not bad. Overestimated by only five goals.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I still think Weber has a monster year. Fully healthy and playing with Josi on the 1st PP unit he could definitely top 20 goals, and if the FF/Neal/Ribs line is also the 1st PP unit I could see Weber and Josi both with a boatload of assists.

My fear is that Wilson and Smith, having secured their contracts, will both slide back a fair amount.

well, for a nonspecific hedge I was pretty much right about all but the Turd

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
well, for a nonspecific hedge I was pretty much right about all but the Turd

Doc you were right about the turd as well his goal production has decreased two years in a row now. But Wilson is an absolute disaster. There is just nothing we can defend about Wilson. He has went SK on us. Well just short of that he has not just totally quit yet. But Even Nystrom was more effective in finishing shots than Wilson.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Doc you were right about the turd as well his goal production has decreased two years in a row now. But Wilson is an absolute disaster. There is just nothing we can defend about Wilson. He has went SK on us. Well just short of that he has not just totally quit yet. But Even Nystrom was more effective in finishing shots than Wilson.

I half expect Willy to be our leading goal scorer in the series. Probably put up 5. Just to make us lose our mind, up in here.....

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
I can't remember but did we ever try Wilson as the Hornqvist, stand in the crease and bang in the trash, pp replacement? Seems like we could have at least scored 10 goals just from kicking them in.

i have a faint memory of us trying that but I could be wrong.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wilson just flat out stunk this year and there really is no arguing that. However, I would of like to have seen how things would have went for him if he hadn't gotten hurt. He was finally starting to string a couple of games together with some points when he went down.

Wilson's biggest issue isn't that he can't do it, it's that it seems to take him a bit to get rolling and then the injury bug hits him again. It's the playoffs and a new season basically, hopefully he flips that switch like he did last year but there ain't no way in hell I'm holding my breath on it.

Oh and frankly I don't think you can put Wilson in Horny's role, he would be out for most of the season with injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad