Go on record: what does MB do with #3?

What does MB do with #3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
We can't screw this pick up, based on Zadina's skill and attitude on wanting to get better I think he just makes the most sense and he'd be my pick.. I wouldn't mind a guy like Hughes/Boqvist but I don't trust management/scouting on being able to let guys like that develop and use their strengths to their best abilities.

After that, use every pick on either centre or D.. if you're going to take a winger go for higher risk/high reward guys instead of potential bottom six wingers.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think they will either draft a d-man like Hughes or possibly trade down to get him/another d-man. Or they might trade the pick for a d-man.

If not that, they are taking Tkachuk I think. I'm not as down on him as others here as I think he already plays an NHL game but I admit my opinion on him has gone down after reading a lot of the comments here. I think we need skill more than we need what Tkachuk brings.

edit: And to add, the guy I think they SHOULD pick logically is Zadina, and the guy I hope somehow we pick is Svechnikov.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
take the #3 pick, get the young guy that wants to play here, Zadman, who cares that he is not a centre,

find a centre else where, maxy trade

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Dobson is a beast, he wouldn't be a bad pick at all. Bergevin ****ing up thing first is to draft Tkachuk, nobody else he could pick would be bad.

If it was a pick between the two, I'd take Dobson before Tkachuk.

That said, we shouldn't be picking either assuming keep our pick or at worse, trade down a couple spots.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Anything less than Dahlin Svechnikov Zadina would be a mistake. This is a top heavy draft. The three guys are elite and potential superstars.

If we move it will need to be significant. Like Taylor Hall PK Subban Steven Stamkos significant. That means no Adam Larsson.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Assume Dahlin & Svechnikov have been chosen #1 and #2.

Please vote and maybe explain your reasoning below.

Go :habs Go!

Last edited:

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Voted to draft Zadina, but I wouldn't be upset with Hughes or Kotkaniemi either as they round out my top 5 and they both fill a need

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
At this time, I was the only one who picked Draft BPA, not Zadina.

I have Zadina in my top-5, but I have Boqvist and Wahlstrom ahead of him. I am also leaning towards Hughes.

However, I won't be outraged if we pick Zadina. I think he is a helluva player

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
At this time, I was the only one who picked Draft BPA, not Zadina.

I have Zadina in my top-5, but I have Boqvist and Wahlstrom ahead of him. I am also leaning towards Hughes.

However, I won't be outraged if we pick Zadina. I think he is a helluva player
It's why I want to trade down. Dahlin, Svechnikov, Hughes, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Zadina, Dobson, Kotkaniemi are my top guys. And aside from Dahlin and Svechnikov, you can make an argument for any of the remaining player.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I have Zadina as BPA at #3. I really like him.

Still not opposed to trading down to #4 or #5 for Wahlstrom, Boqvist, or Hughes but it would take a really good offer from another team. Im not talking about a package of 2nds either. Better pony up something good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Draft BPA, who I believe is Zadina and then draft BPA with our 4 2nd rounders as well. We're not going to right the ship with one masterstroke this offseason so let's focus on building talent rather than reaching for positional needs.

We should be looking to address needs through trades and free agency, not the draft.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't get this BPA thing and I think you can fall into a trap very quick. Wasn't Puljujarvi and Juolevi best available at 4 and 5 in 2016? If we keep the 3rd pick. I would like to see us draft Zadina, Hughes, or Kotkaniemi. I also like Dobson, Tkachuk, Boqvist, or Wahlstrom but I'm not talking them with the 3rd pick.

Pretty sure the Blue Jackets didn't draft best available when they selected PLD (pre-draft rankings). They went after the guy they wanted that fit into their future plans. The Oilers and Canucks drafted BPA according to popular pre draft rankings. Habs got Sergachev at 9th an the Bruins got McAvoy at 14th.

Throw the BPA out the window and draft Kotkaniemi if our scouts are high on him. I like Zadina a lot too. BPA is a moving target and in 12 months time, the story will be very different with many of these guys in the top 10.

If we think Kotkaniemi has #1C upside, draft him at 3rd. If not, take Zadina or trade down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad