Post-Game Talk: Go Green

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Three absolutely terrible efforts in a row. It's a long season, but stretches like these make me scratch my head and wonder how a professional athlete can lack the drive to compete. It's your ****ing job ....

And I'll try my hardest to get a twig as a prize

I dunno how people can just not try especially at the highest level of competitive sports

Actual Thought*

Really? I feel like the Wings were in a regular slump around this point last season.

They had a +11 goals diff instead of a -7. They were much more structured, disciplined and played a lot quicker. They scored more and gave up less. Their PP was #1. Given the addition of Green and Larkin along with swapping Weiss for Richards this team should be much better instead of much worse.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They has a +11 goals diff instead of a -7. They were much more structured, disciplined and played a lot quicker. They scored more and gave up less. Their PP was #1. Given the addition of Green and Larkin along with swapping Weiss for Richards this team should be much better instead of much worse.

Losing hiller was bad

Whoever blash brought in he should fire

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Your ability to forecast how the rest of the season is going to go is going to make you a millionaire one day.

Doubtful as I don't gamble whatsoever.

This team wasn't even good during their 15 game streak. The goalies were the sole reason for. It was said then by many that if they don't stand on their heads we lose.... Well when they struggle to score and their goalies don't bail them out this is the result and honestly I hope it gets real bad so they will finally do something with the washed up 'core' .

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

This team wasn't even good during their 15 game streak. The goalies were the sole reason for.

MOD (I disagree) Teamplay was great on the point streak. Goalies carried at the start of the season, when the overall play was poor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actual Thought*

Losing hiller was bad

Whoever blash brought in he should fire

I wouldn't trust Blashill to hire a replacement. The guy is a ****ing clown. Bringing in Oates to tell them what they are doing wrong on the PP? Really? This team is better on paper but worse in every facet of the game. They are the worst team in playoff position right now which they are clinging to by 1 point and dropping like a stone. Their goals diff is equal to Toronto and their PP is ranked well below that of Toronto. You can't tell me this team isn't more talented than Toronto. When they miss the playoffs for the first time in 25 years (and they will) Blashill should be fired and then tarred and feathered.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013

This team wasn't even good during their 15 game streak that the goalies were the sole reason for. It was said then by many that if they don't stand on their heads we lose.... Well when they struggle to score and their goalies don't bail them out this is the result and honestly I hope it gets real bad so they will finally do something with the washed up 'core' .

Maybe you should.

Anyway that's funny because you and I are remembering two different 15 game stretches. Our goalies were phenomenal to start the season, but haven't been nearly as good since then.

Either way hoping for things to "get even worse" seems silly to me.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
MOD (I disagree) Teamplay was great on the point streak. Goalies carried at the start of the season, when the overall play was poor.

Almost all those games the wings gave up 3rd period leads that sent them to OT. Good teams put team away. This team is not capable of doing that on a regular basis. They are bad now and had mega puck luck in November and were straight up awful in October. 2 of 3 months they straight up sucked.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I wouldn't trust Blashill to hire a replacement. The guy is a ****ing clown. Bringing in Oates to tell them what they are doing wrong on the PP? Really? This team is better on paper but worse in every facet of the game. They are the worst team in playoff position right now which they are clinging to by 1 point and dropping like a stone. Their goals diff is equal to Toronto and their PP is ranked well below that of Toronto. You can't tell me this team isn't more talented than Toronto. When they miss the playoffs for the first time in 25 years (and they will) Blashill should be fired and then tarred and feathered.

oates ran pretty clearly the best PP in the league for two season when he was with the caps. he doesn't know much but he is good with PP. one of his assistants is still running it with pretty good results in washington.

though it's not that hard to figure out by looking at the tape that what is wrong with the pp.

also ain't gonna find a coach who is even close to babcock next offseason.

Actual Thought*

oates ran pretty clearly the best PP in the league for two season when he was with the caps. he doesn't know much but he is good with PP. one of his assistants is still running it with pretty good results in washington.

though it's not that hard to figure out by looking at the tape that what is wrong with the pp.

also ain't gonna find a coach who is even close to babcock next offseason.

It isn't Oates that I have a problem with. It is that Blashill is so incompetent that they have to pay someone to come from outside to tell them how to coach a team.

You are correct though. Coaches like Babcock don't come available very often. It could be decades before they find another guy capable of winning the cup. Clearly Blashill isn't even in that conversation.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013

I wonder if Toronto having our last-year's PP coach has anything to do with Toronto's success on the PP this year?

But hey. Toronto is better than us on the PP, and we have the same goal differential. With the way you bring up those stats it sounds like the Wings are a bottom feeder, but somehow we're still in the playoffs. Must be all that talent.

AND You're telling me this team has room to improve? That's fantastic. NOBODY wants to peak on December/January.

Also, at least you'd want Blash tarred and feathered. Some people here seem like they'd parade him through the street.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
It isn't Oates that I have a problem with. It is that Blashill is so incompetent that they have to pay someone to come from outside to tell them how to coach a team.

You are correct though. Coaches like Babcock don't come available very often. It could be decades before they find another guy capable of winning the cup. Clearly Blashill isn't even in that conversation.

I'm glad we know that Blashill is going to be a nothing coach all of 38 games into his rookie season.

It's not like any head coach that had a subpar rookie campaign ever went on to turn into a legend.

Oh wait.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/coaches/bowmasc99c.html

There is that guy.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
This team has literally the same problems as last season and in previous seasons. This team isn't better because the personnel isn't better. The defense is terrible and it's been terrible since Lidstrom retired. No coach in the NHL can fix this, Babcock couldn't, Blashill couldn't, Bowman couldn't.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
No you see trying again with the same team every year after it fails is a great strategy. Eventually this team will break through or hit rock bottom. I have a feeling I know which one

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Tanking this year would be smart. Hopefully pair Larkin with another young elite talent. There really is no downside to doing it. The Z/D core will not contend for another cup. It's time for management to realize they have built a bad product that is going nowhere.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

There's no shame in bringing outside consulting. Everyone does it in every industry. Adam Oates makes the rounds throughout the league. That's how he makes money when he doesn't have a full-time gig.

He worked with Ryan Suter and Zach Parise in the offseason to work on their power play, unless you also think it's absurd that players making over $100 million can't work a power play by themselves.

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/...arise-ryan-suter-adam-oates-power-play-091515

Also Stamkos brought Oates in for consulting earlier this season.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...and-lightning-needs-it-more-than-ever/2255305

As did Scott Gomez this offseason.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/11/scott_gomez.html#incart_river

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
God damn Sparty. 24-0. I don't want to count them out because some crazy stuff has happened this season. And in the cottom bowl last year. But hot dog. They need to get something going.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
God damn Sparty. 24-0. I don't want to count them out because some crazy stuff has happened this season. And in the cottom bowl last year. But hot dog. They need to get something going.
At least I'll be 50/50 then because the football gods don't want me to have a winning prediction record

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Both Mrazek and Howard have been letting in softies. They need to cut that **** out.

Wings should have won this game decisively. Mrazek scoring on himself changed the game negatively for Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad