Post-Game Talk: Go Green

Actual Thought*

well it's not hard when you all you face is teams that choke

Minnesota,St. Louis, any pacific team not named la.

They all have mediocre coaches. Hitchcock might be okay short term but he isn't Q or Suter. In today's watered down parity league coaching is one way to get an advantage. Chicago and LA have that advantage.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They all have mediocre coaches. Hitchcock might be okay short term but he isn't Q or Suter. In today's watered down parity league coaching is one way to get an advantage. Chicago and LA have that advantage.

Suter didn't make the playoffs and neither is blash according to your terms but suter missed with a better team. And if det does miss the playoffs it will be close. So blash is equal or better?

Remember when q couldn't win cups? I still think he's an average coach

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Suter didn't make the playoffs and neither is blash according to your terms but suter missed with a better team. And if det does miss the playoffs it will be close. So blash is equal or better?

Remember when q couldn't win cups? I still think he's an average coach

I get that Q gets to play with a stacked team, but he is also proving to be one of, if not the best coach in the entire NHL (yes even ahead of Babcock).

Q was average. But I think he's improved tremendously. And I'm sure it doesn't hurt that he may have Scotty Bowman on speed dial.

Quinville isn't the same coach he was from 8 years ago. Credit where credit is due

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I get that Q gets to play with a stacked team, but he is also proving to be one of, if not the best coach in the entire NHL (yes even ahead of Babcock).

Q was average. But I think he's improved tremendously. And I'm sure it doesn't hurt that he may have Scotty Bowman on speed dial.

Quinville isn't the same coach he was from 8 years ago. Credit where credit is due

He has improved but I doubt hes going to be one of the greatest coaches ever

Actually coaching is pretty mediocre overall

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I think Blashill will have a very short career at the NHL level. I will be shocked if he goes beyond 2 years.

We know.

At the same time Dallas Eakins lasted a year and a half. I'm willing to bet Blashill's shelf life is longer than half a season more than Eakins.

Actual Thought*

We know.

At the same time Dallas Eakins lasted a year and a half. I'm willing to bet Blashill's shelf life is longer than half a season more than Eakins.

Not when he misses the playoffs this year. I don't think Illitch tolerates incompetence.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Not when he misses the playoffs this year. I don't think Illitch tolerates incompetence.

You've been asked this before, but who would you target in the offseason if Blash is fired?

Detroit is known for patience in development. We've seen it in players. We've seen it in management. It's extended to coaching. Even if they miss the playoffs I doubt Blash will be fired, and frankly it's just as likely they make the playoffs as them missing.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You've been asked this before, but who would you target in the offseason if Blash is fired?

Detroit is known for patience in development. We've seen it in players. We've seen it in management. It's extended to coaching. Even if they miss the playoffs I doubt Blash will be fired, and frankly it's just as likely they make the playoffs as them missing.

<cough>Lewis<cough>

Actual Thought*

Lewis got 2 years after winning cups as an assistant. He made the playoffs both years. I don't think Blashill has earned that much loyalty. I don't know who is available for this off season but making the playoffs with this team should be automatic.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Lewis got 2 years after winning cups as an assistant. He made the playoffs both years. I don't think Blashill has earned that much loyalty. I don't know who is available for this off season but making the playoffs with this team should be automatic.

you're seriously overrating the talent on this team if making the playoffs should be automatic.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013

As InjuredChoker said, you're seriously overrating the talent on this team if you think the playoffs should be automatic after squeaking in the past 3 (or 4?) seasons. Especially since we were barely squeaking in with one of the best coaches in the game.

The talent Lewis had is unquestionably greater than the talent on the Wings roster today.

Blash earned his loyalty by being very successful at every level he has coached at, including Grand Rapids.

Actual Thought*

As InjuredChoker said, you're seriously overrating the talent on this team if you think the playoffs should be automatic after squeaking in the past 3 (or 4?) seasons. Especially since we were barely squeaking in with one of the best coaches in the game.

The talent Lewis had is unquestionably greater than the talent on the Wings roster today.

Blash earned his loyalty by being very successful at every level he has coached at, including Grand Rapids.
I would argue you are seriously underestimating the talent on this team If you think it isn't automatic. We've had worse rosters the last several years.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I would argue you are seriously underestimating the talent on this team If you think it isn't automatic. We've had worse rosters the last several years.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Kronwall are also getting older and regressing.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

No. You are way overestimating the talent. Datsyuk. Zetterberg and kronwall's age regression does not make this team an automatic lock for the playoffs anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad