Post-Game Talk: [GM80] Canucks lose to Kings | 0-3

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Thats less than Eichel whose worse and he signed that deal like 3 years ago.

eichel signed his deal nearly 6 years ago

there's not a lot of good comps. barkov signed for 10m nearly 2 years ago. mackinnon for 12.6 this season. aho might extend before pettersson. that'll be the most relevant comp

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Who Myers? Yeah, Myers has pretty much settled in Vancouver and his summer house in Kelowna makes him chase the boating season.

Yeah myers
His agent is gonna use that Modified NTC to perfection

He’s gonna work the phones to find out what teams, and put them on the list

His agent structured that contract so good for his client

• Wow
Reactions: Indiana

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

there's not a lot of good comps. barkov signed for 10m nearly 2 years ago. mackinnon for 12.6 this season. aho might extend before pettersson. that'll be the most relevant comp

youre buying 7 UFA years, its gonna be expensive.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
He’s gonna finish Top 10 in voting this year lol.

That’s extremely low. Canucks are paying for his entire prime and Barzal doesn’t really work as a great comparison after he just dropped 100 points. I think 10.5-11 is reasonable.
Averaged 85pts the last 2 seasons and had 21 pts in 26 games the year before.

I mean your probably right but i think it sucks paying for 1 yr without team success and 2 previous seasons below PPG

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think the Canucks worked hard in this game, but this was the type of 'big-boy; hockey, where the Canuck deficiencies get exposed. Their wingers like Garland, Beauvillier, Boeser, Kravtsov and Kuzmenko were just completely eliminated along the wall....either too small or too slow.

Game was 1-0 through almost 50 minutes......but another awful turnover by Myers generated the killer goal. It continues to be astonishing how he gets the puck with his head down and passes it to nobody.

But hopefully we're down to the last two games of Myes in a Vancouver uniform. If he's back next season, it means this team hasn't improved.

And God love Phil de Giuseppe......but why is he out there on the first unit pp or in the last minutes with the goalie pulled? I mean he spent half the year in Abbotsford. And if he makes the team next season, again it'll because they haven't improved enough.

Hughes and Pettersson played their hearts out in this one......but they're on an island out there.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Averaged 85pts the last 2 seasons and had 21 pts in 26 games the year before.

I mean your probably right but i think it sucks paying for 1 yr without team success and 2 previous seasons below PPG
Just gotta hope this is the norm moving forward. I’d say Point and Barkov are the best comparable but they play in Florida. You could always wait to sign him till next offseason but that’s a slippery slope.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

MacKinnon is the one I will be using if I'm Peterson. Young, 100+ point and a centre. He's not as good as MacKinnon but a few years of cap expected growth cover the gap and Vancouver's fanbase is frustrated and management can't lose him. $11-12m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad