GDT: [GM75] Canucks @ Golden Knights | Tue. Apr 2nd, 7:00pm | SNP | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
He was good in the first half but far from "incredible". The biggest reason he has the point total he has right now can be chalked up to Hughes and Miller.

It's growing increasingly frustrating that, in pretty much ever year but 22-23, it's been nothing but excuses for the guy.

"Maybe he's injured?"

"Maybe it's a mental issue?"

"Maybe he's trying to get Benning fired?"

I can't recall a star player in recent memory being so mercurial.
Last season it was:

"Wow, EP is really in that superstar tier, right alongside guys like Mackinnon, Draisaitl, Matthews, etc"

He was clearly there. Absolute two way beast who played exciting, high octane hockey and you felt something was going to happen every time he had the puck. I would have taken him over any centre not named McDavid or MacKinnon. Heck, I would have actually considered taking him over MacKinnon. He was *that* good.

This season, even when he was scoring at 1.5ppg, there's been something clearly off eye test wise. He gets his points, absolutely, but it's the way he gets his points that separates him from those superstar guys.

If he can get back to 2022-2023 Pettersson, this core can win a cup. If he can't, I don't see a way they can. This core and its success will be based upon Pettersson being able to elevate his play like we know he's capable of. I'm confident that wasn't just a flash in the pan season. He's that good, but something is wrong, and whatever it is needs to be figured out.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm not sure why Tocchet just doesn't go back to the pre-Lindhom line-up when he was scratching Kuzmenko. I mean, it's the same group of players basically.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I hope the league reviews the officiating for this game but I won't hold my breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad