GDT: [GM75] Canucks @ Golden Knights | Tue. Apr 2nd, 7:00pm | SNP | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
"Incredible" is a strong word for EP's first half of this season.

He was good but he wasn't last season's level. There's clearly been a drop off from last season to this season.

Last season's EP was taking over games like a genuine superstar and playing elite defense.

I think his defensive game has been excellent all season but his offensive game is nowhere near the superstar level it was.

He was incredible in January when the team went 10-3 ... 14 goals and 21 pts in 13 games.

No clue what happened post all-star break. He's been a shell of his former self.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
He was incredible for the first half, and has been intermittent since.

I'm not saying he's playing his best right now, but he's human and slumps happen. I'm hoping he gets back in the flow of things by April 20th.
He was good in the first half but far from "incredible". The biggest reason he has the point total he has right now can be chalked up to Hughes and Miller.

It's growing increasingly frustrating that, in pretty much ever year but 22-23, it's been nothing but excuses for the guy.

"Maybe he's injured?"

"Maybe it's a mental issue?"

"Maybe he's trying to get Benning fired?"

I can't recall a star player in recent memory being so mercurial.

Reactions: PavelBure10

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
He was incredible in January when the team went 10-3 ... 14 goals and 21 pts in 13 games.

No clue what happened post all-star break. He's been a shell of his former self.
Petey was lighting the league up in that 1-2 week January span when the Lotto line was together consistently and looked like McDavic Draisaitl. Then we’ve never seen it for more than 3 shifts again.

Reactions: TruGr1t

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Petey was lighting the league up in that 1-2 week January span when the Lotto line was together consistently and looked like McDavic Draisaitl. Then we’ve never seen it for more than 3 shifts again.
They all slowed down mightily after the all star game, which is really weird since you'd think that would have provided a boost of confidence. I refuse to believe it's a fatigue issue either (if it is, it's not fatigue from playing the ASG is what I mean - they could be fatigued after going all out in the first half, who knows?).

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Including 5 PP goals that month. Everything has just gone to shit, it seems.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I really want to see these lines in the playoffs

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Joshua Blueger Garland
Mikheyev Lindholm Lafferty
Hoglander Suter Podkolzin

Just keep them fresh and rolling.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
He was good in the first half but far from "incredible". The biggest reason he has the point total he has right now can be chalked up to Hughes and Miller.

It's growing increasingly frustrating that, in pretty much ever year but 22-23, it's been nothing but excuses for the guy.

"Maybe he's injured?"

"Maybe it's a mental issue?"

"Maybe he's trying to get Benning fired?"

I can't recall a star player in recent memory being so mercurial.
He's not very good and his compete level sucks. We hitched our carriage to the wrong horse.

We need more Millers and less Petterssons

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

probably injury .. it's not the 1ast time he disappears after an injury

Reactions: TruGr1t
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad