GDT: [GM72] Canucks vs Kings | Mon. Mar 25th, 6:00pm | SNP | Weird Start Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
It's a dark, dark conspiracy I tell ya...
1711405531405.png

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Yeah, I actually don't mind the idea of playing Vegas at all. They've been playing poorly for like 4 months now.

I want them to miss the playoffs because I hate the LTIR BS they keep pulling and think it would be hilarious to see it bite them in the ass.
Vegas has been booed off the ice by their own fans, booted from the playoffs by reffing, barely won the Cup faster than the Flyers, and their greatest sin we already knew about cause Tampa been clowning around with it. The Knights are just another team for me by now. My strongest grievance is with those ugly f***ing helmets.

Reactions: M2Beezy

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Good Lord, we’d be better if we’d spent the Lindholm assets on another top-six LW.
I only care about playoffs, give me the 2way FO force at centre over a winger come playoff time.
For the record when Lindholm was in the top six and on pp1, while a small sample size he was contributing.
The last 15 games he hasn't exactly been put in the best offensive position.

Reactions: DL44

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Based on the pre-expansion draft market that summer, we could probably have just traded the 2nd rounder in that deal for Garland and kept our 1st and avoided OEL entirely.

I know I know, I am just saying. Despite the absolute horrendous nature of the deal, we do have a piece from it which is working.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Several of us were concerned that the front office was using assets to acquire Lindholm, so I don't think it's fair to say it was hindsight.
Were you guys the same people pissed off we traded a 1st for JT or Hronek?
We gave up nothing in the Lindholm trade that would have been an impactful player for us for at least 3-4 years, if ever.
If Lindy is even a small part of a good run in the playoffs, it's a win.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
High tempo beer drinking heavy metal or bust. I dislike the grocery store goal song canucks are using at the moment
Iconic song from an iconic 80's movie. I love it. As long as it isn't a song from after 2010 I'm happy since all music is basically garbage now except country.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Out of town scoreboard will be just as exciting as this game tonight. Massive game between St. Louis and Vegas - four pointer where St. Louis can close their gap on the Golden Knights. Again, as unlikely as it is, it would be amazing to see Vegas miss the playoffs.

A Vegas loss and a Canucks win tonight, please!
Just took a peak at Vegas' schedule and it's pretty brutal. They lose tonight and the alarm bells should be ringing

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
How far is Joshua away? It sounded like he was back skating the other day with the team.
Our big tough power forward put on the shelf for WEEKS with pinky finger issue... i don't know if irony is the right word.. but must be sooo annoying for the kid.. heh..

I think it's safe to assume a fracture... i don't think i've seen anything specific on his injury. Will be 6 weeks tomorrow since his last game. Fractures are usually 6-8 and can be less for fingers/hand fractures.

But yeah... he must be close... get the legs back, get the hands back and let's go!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yeah, I actually don't mind the idea of playing Vegas at all. They've been playing poorly for like 4 months now.

I want them to miss the playoffs because I hate the LTIR BS they keep pulling and think it would be hilarious to see it bite them in the ass.
I was thinking maybe is good to play them in round 1 when all their ltir guys come back, might be hard to gel and get everything going against a tough Canucks team. And if they do play well then well, hopefully we do too and can beat them. But if they played Edmonton first round and beat the oilers in a long series you know theyd be battle ready and playing on another level with that $100 million roster. May as well do it in round 1

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
It will 100% be U2 which is about as much of an ironclad tradition as the white towels at this point.
f*** U2, not you MS, just the band. Change it to ACDC Back In Black and switch to the skate

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Injuries that you’ve played through but the team doesn’t exactly know when it will get better tells me this is something he’s going to have to pain manage and won’t be resolved soon.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It will 100% be U2 which is about as much of an ironclad tradition as the white towels at this point.
Not a fan of the pom poms the Oilers fans like to proudly waive around? :sarcasm:

For a blue collar province, that’s pretty fruity.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I was thinking maybe is good to play them in round 1 when all their ltir guys come back, might be hard to gel and get everything going against a tough Canucks team. And if they do play well then well, hopefully we do too and can beat them. But if they played Edmonton first round and beat the oilers in a long series you know theyd be battle ready and playing on another level with that $100 million roster. May as well do it in round 1
My preference as well... similar reasons but also... if we can beat the defending champ division nemisis and thorn in our side Knights, it would just feel like a slaying... and a beginning...

Reactions: M2Beezy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad