GDT: [GM72] Canucks vs Kings | Mon. Mar 25th, 6:00pm | SNP | Weird Start Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Out of town scoreboard will be just as exciting as this game tonight. Massive game between St. Louis and Vegas - four pointer where St. Louis can close their gap on the Golden Knights. Again, as unlikely as it is, it would be amazing to see Vegas miss the playoffs.

A Vegas loss and a Canucks win tonight, please!

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
High tempo beer drinking heavy metal or bust. I dislike the grocery store goal song canucks are using at the moment

Riots were stupid but always laughed at this idea:

three-days-grace-adam-gontier.gif

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Out of town scoreboard will be just as exciting as this game tonight. Massive game between St. Louis and Vegas - four pointer where St. Louis can close their gap on the Golden Knights. Again, as unlikely as it is, it would be amazing to see Vegas miss the playoffs.

Just a different perspective but a Vegas win and Canucks wins means Vegas and LA will be tied in points. We could help setup a Vegas vs Edmonton first round matchup.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
A good test for the Canuck defensive system.
LA has found their scoring touch of late with some impressive scores in recent wins.
They still are marginally challenged for a playoff spot. The result of the Vegas/Blues game reflects on both teams.

Vancouver could be LA's first round opponent so this could get "inspirational".
I expect a feisty game. Players better keep their heads up.
LA will be ready for the "reverse" hits that Vancouver has been using a lot.
The Canucks smaller forwards will need to play bigger and the towering defence to their size.
DeSmith while playing okay will suffer if the Nux try to circle the wagons.

It aught to be a fun game to watch.

Prediction ; refs 4 both teams 0.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Weird start time
Nationally televised game, with no 7EST/4PST game before it. Want more eyeballs across Canada, I'm assuming.

Let's not forget the best part - he declared this publicly before entering contract negotiations. His agent must have fallen out of his chair laughing.
We laugh at Benning now, but I had a lot of people vehemently telling me the Canucks won the Sutter trade at the time...despite obviously trading away the better player. Bonino was exactly the player in PIT that Benning thought he was getting.

Last edited:
Reactions: calnuck and Vector

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
I would prefer we don't clinch tonight if it means Vegas loses. Much rather would have St Louis/Minnesota in the playoffs than Vegas

Fairweather

Apr 28, 2009
Vancouver
I would prefer we don't clinch tonight if it means Vegas loses. Much rather would have St Louis/Minnesota in the playoffs than Vegas
How about Vegas wins and passes LA instead?

Honestly, the only team I think the Canucks match up poorly against is Colorado.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
The Kings seem to be scoring more in recent games, so this should be another one of those "playoff" type tilts.

Demko was in goal for that earlier 2-1 win, but DeSmith has been stellar so far. Hope that Hogs is an annoying gnat tonight, and Big Zad gets an opportunity to legally crunch.

Shut 'em down, boyz.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This will be a tough game. LA are 8-3-1 in their last 12 and two of those losses have been to an elite Dallas team.

We eked out a win with Demko in net a couple weeks ago but winning against this level of team with Desmith in net is a lot tougher than getting by Buffalo or Calgary with Desmith.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

I don't want the Blues to win because I think they would be an easier opponent than Vegas; I want the Blues to win because I think Vegas should pay for their sins.

Also a lingering affection for Adam Oates.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't want the Blues to win because I think they would be an easier opponent than Vegas; I want the Blues to win because I think Vegas should pay for their sins.

Also a lingering affection for Adam Oates.

Yeah, I actually don't mind the idea of playing Vegas at all. They've been playing poorly for like 4 months now.

I want them to miss the playoffs because I hate the LTIR BS they keep pulling and think it would be hilarious to see it bite them in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad