GDT: [GM72] Canucks vs Kings | Mon. Mar 25th, 6:00pm | SNP | Weird Start Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Hope Canucks score a couple goals early and force the Kings to play actual Hockey. Sitting through trap games puts me to sleep

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yep center depth for playoffs. Cleared Kuzmenko off the cap next year. Possibly insurance to get Petey signed
Worst case scenario, the trade saved us 5.5 million, which is worth a first rounder anyway.

We’re obviously hoping for more, but that is significant

Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
After the Oilers face-planted in Toronto and Ottawa, the Canucks have a 10-point cushion for first in the Pacific.....with Edmonton now down to only two games in hand. Only an epic collapse from the Canucks will prevent them locking up the divisional title.

Two very tough games with the Kings and then the Stars, who are still fighting hard for playoff positioning. But a win tomorrow night, and maybe the Canucks can start evening out the ice-time and resting some of their key players. The playoffs is a long, arduous climb.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Good Lord, we’d be better if we’d spent the Lindholm assets on another top-six LW.

I've always been a proponent of the notion that you can never have enough C depth. I don't mind the pickup, still, and I think he'll come around sooner vs. later.

The Canucks being in the position they're in is that they can let him heal up and rest a bit if needed.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
what intro should vancouver use for this years playoffs? u2 streets have no name? or a different song to pump up the boys and crowd?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Yep center depth for playoffs. Cleared Kuzmenko off the cap next year. Possibly insurance to get Petey signed

This gets overlooked far too often. There was no chance we were dumping Kuzmenko on Pittsburgh, New Jersey or whoever else without attaching a lot more along with it. Not when they had other teams who could outbid us.

It sucks Lindholm hasn't worked out so far but we'll see if the playoffs turn things around.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I wonder if Mikheyev - Lindholm - Lafferty could be used a shutdown 3rd line in the playoffs which would open up Petey and Miller's line for more o-zone starts.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
After the Oilers face-planted in Toronto and Ottawa, the Canucks have a 10-point cushion for first in the Pacific.....with Edmonton now down to only two games in hand. Only an epic collapse from the Canucks will prevent them locking up the divisional title.

Two very tough games with the Kings and then the Stars, who are still fighting hard for playoff positioning. But a win tomorrow night, and maybe the Canucks can start evening out the ice-time and resting some of their key players. The playoffs is a long, arduous climb.
If the Nucks win 5 of their last 11, the Oilers would have to go 10-2-1 to catch us (we hold all tiebreakers unless all 5 of those wins are in the shootout and all their wins are regulation..which would be absurd).

The division race is over. I think we still compete for the conference for a few more games, but when we are like 4 or 5 games out I don't want us losing anyone to injury. Roll 4 lines, let some of the kids play etc

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Wasn’t there that game right before the deadline where Lindholm left the game for nearly a period and half and we all thought he was getting traded before he returned. Whatever happened there is probably the injury. I believe he tweaked something in his lower extremities.

Reactions: Nucker101 and Flik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad