GDT: [GM69] Canucks vs Sabres | Tue. Mar 19th, 7:00pm | SNP | Nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
This certainly will not be an easy game , the Sabres are surging right now and is getting super hot and having a late season run taking advantage of the Islanders and Red Wings struggles . While I still think it’s a long shot they snap their 13 year playoff drought .

I’m certainly not ruling it out and a win tomorrow against the Canucks would make things in the east really difficult for the Islanders and Red Wings .

Benson , Cozens , Dahlin , Peterka , Quinn , Bryam, Power , UPL plus Tage Thompson , Alex Tuch. Such a talented young team so happy I bought tickets for tomorrows game

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Sabres are murdering the Kraken.

I'm assuming a typical game the last few weeks. Nucks go up by 2 playing like the best Nucks team ever. Get into the 2nd period and start playing like everyone has a concussion. Can't skate, can't pass. Try to block pucks from getting to the net. Make flippy passes to try to get the puck out with every other one picked off easily.

Get scored on with 1 min left, lose in OT.

Reactions: calnuck

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Seattle isn't doing the Canucks any favors, after suffering a 6-2 beatdown at the hands of the Sabres.

They'll be sky-high coming into tomorrow night's game. I guess it'll be DeSmith again, but how soon we might see Silovs?

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Seattle isn't doing the Canucks any favors, after suffering a 6-2 beatdown at the hands of the Sabres.

They'll be sky-high coming into tomorrow night's game. I guess it'll be DeSmith again, but how soon we might see Silovs?

It will be Desmith forsure , But the Canucks could have an advantage as it looks like UPL will be sitting for Buffalo and Levi will get the start and while Levi will very likely have a solid NHL Career he has struggled this year. But the Sabres still might start UPL tomorrow there is still no confirmation he is sitting, it would make sense to give him the night off but with Donnie Granato their head coach we never know what he has in store

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Battling a team "trying to make the playoffs" shouldn't be as big of an obstacle as some are making it out to be. Of course the other team will come out and "push the pace" etc, but this team needs to learn how to let those teams know where they stand.

They need come out with compete and tenacity and anger and say "f@ck you...not on our ice!" The team needs to learn to hate a little and look at every team coming on to their ice as the enemy. This team needs a lot more f@ck you in their game.

15 games til the playoffs...flags fly forever...ramp it up and say sorry in the off-season. Team needs to focus on what they do well and ignore the outside match up crap.

Let the coaches coach, play as hard as you have ever played, soak up the home crowd ambiance and make it a playoffs to remember.

See you all in June for the TRUE BELIEVERS!!!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
buffalo is playing desperation hockey. if nucks dont come out . i see another loss. maybe a bigger loss 6-1

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This certainly will not be an easy game , the Sabres are surging right now and is getting super hot and having a late season run taking advantage of the Islanders and Red Wings struggles . While I still think it’s a long shot they snap their 13 year playoff drought .

I’m certainly not ruling it out and a win tomorrow against the Canucks would make things in the east really difficult for the Islanders and Red Wings .

Benson , Cozens , Dahlin , Peterka , Quinn , Bryam, Power , UPL plus Tage Thompson , Alex Tuch. Such a talented young team so happy I bought tickets for tomorrows game

Only easy day is yesterday.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Battling a team "trying to make the playoffs" shouldn't be as big of an obstacle as some are making it out to be. Of course the other team will come out and "push the pace" etc, but this team needs to learn how to let those teams know where they stand.

They need come out with compete and tenacity and anger and say "f@ck you...not on our ice!" The team needs to learn to hate a little and look at every team coming on to their ice as the enemy. This team needs a lot more f@ck you in their game.

15 games til the playoffs...flags fly forever...ramp it up and say sorry in the off-season. Team needs to focus on what they do well and ignore the outside match up crap.

Let the coaches coach, play as hard as you have ever played, soak up the home crowd ambiance and make it a playoffs to remember.

See you all in June for the TRUE BELIEVERS!!!

This Sabres team is different tho . I know this because I follow the Sabres .

Yea they have been a laughing stock for literally more than 10 years but they actually have competent management now and yea they were suppose to make the playoffs this year but If I have learned anything in Sports when you get hot at the right time anything can happen .

In 2019 the St Louis Blues were last place in the NHL in January and surprise surprise they won the Stanley Cup.

This Buffalo team is playing their best hockey of the season and the entire team experienced a a sophomores slump but it’s a very young team ( Benson 18, Cozens 22 , Dahlin 23 , Quinn 22 , Peterka 21 , Power 21 , Byram 22, UPL 24, Levi 22, Samuelsson 23 . And I could keep going but they have found their stride and I’m expecting a really difficult game for the Canucks.

Am I saying the Sabres will win the Stanley Cup, I’m not saying that and I would never say that , I just genuinely think Buffalo is about to go on a tear to finish the season and are really coming together as a team and still have 15 games to make up ground and a win tomorrow makes the East really interesting
Only easy day is yesterday.

I don’t understand the point

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This Sabres team is different tho . I know this because I follow the Sabres .

Yea they have been a laughing stock for literally more than 10 years but they actually have competent management now and yea they were suppose to make the playoffs this year but If I have learned anything in Sports when you get hot at the right time anything can happen .

In 2019 the St Louis Blues were last place in the NHL in January and surprise surprise they won the Stanley Cup.

This Buffalo team is playing their best hockey of the season and the entire team experienced a a sophomores slump but it’s a very young team ( Benson 18, Cozens 22 , Dahlin 23 , Quinn 22 , Peterka 21 , Power 21 , Byram 22, UPL 24, Levi 22, Samuelsson 23 . And I could keep going but they have found their stride and I’m expecting a really difficult game for the Canucks.

Am I saying the Sabres will win the Stanley Cup, I’m not saying that and I would never say that , I just genuinely think Buffalo is about to go on a tear to finish the season and are really coming together as a team and still have 15 games to make up ground and a win tomorrow makes the East really interesting

I don’t understand the point

Sorry that was a bit obscure, what I mean is, our boys need to stop thinking that there's such a thing as "easy win" or "easy day", if that kind of mentality was ever a thing. Every team stands a chance to beat any other team in the league at any given day, if one team thinks they can coast through a game with little effort, they're already putting themselves at a disadvantage.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I think if they played Silovs they'd win. The team plays back on their heels when Desmith is in net, like they're afraid to make a mistake.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
The canucks need to start playing with authority otherwise it’s going to be a pretty short playoffs. Teams that back into the playoffs rarely find a way to turn it around in the playoffs. It would be a shame for this team to play so well for 2/3 of the year only to limp into the playoffs and be first round fodder.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Kind of blows my mind that coaches and management are disappointed in Lindholm’s offensive output, and he keeps getting trotted out as a defensive 3C. And now with Mikheyev and Lafferty as wingers.

Give him an extended look with Petey for crying out loud. Can’t be any worse than what they’ve been trying so far.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Kind of blows my mind that coaches and management are disappointed in Lindholm’s offensive output, and he keeps getting trotted out as a defensive 3C. And now with Mikheyev and Lafferty as wingers.

Give him an extended look with Petey for crying out loud. Can’t be any worse than what they’ve been trying so far.

Trying to get things figured out before the playoffs! Trust the process! :sarcasm:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think if they played Silovs they'd win. The team plays back on their heels when Desmith is in net, like they're afraid to make a mistake.
Disagree with that...Generally, the goals that are conceded when DeSmith is in net, are a direct reflection of the way the team in front of him is playing....This isnt Spencer Martin here.

Is Silovs even the best goalie In Abby..?

Reactions: Nick Lang

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Disagree with that...Generally, the goals that are conceded when DeSmith is in net, are a direct reflection of the way the team in front of him is playing....This isnt Spencer Martin here.

Is Silovs even the best goalie In Abby..?

The season hasn't gone as planned for Silovs (the team in front of him has been chaotic as well) - but if the Canucks are hoping to get him a start or two to see what they have to work with, tonight might be one of the ideal nights to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad