GDT: [GM69] Canucks vs Sabres | Tue. Mar 19th, 7:00pm | SNP | Nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The season hasn't gone as planned for Silovs (the team in front of him has been chaotic as well) - but if the Canucks are hoping to get him a start or two to see what they have to work with, tonight might be one of the ideal nights to do it.
Honestly, I dont think that tonight would be a good night to put Silovs in..The Canucks are trying to clean up the details, and get their game back on track...The goaltending isnt the issue, as much as the teams inability to play for 60 minutes, and keep focused.

Maybe when the team gets a few more wins and swagger back , they could give Silovs a go

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
The season hasn't gone as planned for Silovs (the team in front of him has been chaotic as well) - but if the Canucks are hoping to get him a start or two to see what they have to work with, tonight might be one of the ideal nights to do it.

Feel like we are far more likely to need DeSmith in important games down the stretch or in the playoffs god forbid, so with tons of rest I'd rather ride DeSmith

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Someone needs to put the concessions on blast for those 8 dollar fries.

And promote the Costco right across Rogers Arena for their fries.
Costco is a bargain value place to eat but the wait times for food has gotten insane in recent years due to people skipping pre-game restaurant and beers due to the insane cost of food and drinks. It was like 25 min last time for a hot dog with a 15min wait to order.

It's gotten so bad that Costco's will now only be selling food to cardholders only by April/May.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I’m scared for the playoffs if we continue to back in like this and Tocchet continues to galaxy brain these lines like Travis Green

Can we just play consistent pwease

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but the Canucks seem more tentative and unsure playing in front of DeSmith instead of Demko.

It's like they're even more reluctant to take any chances, even in the offensive zone. The result is like the game we saw against Washington. A low-scoring, but basically a boring low event game.

And I don't think the Canucks can afford to open it up against the Sabres tonight. So another tight dump and chase game, seems likely tonight.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Is it too late to tank? That was mentally easier.

Not this season
6f83a96cf0d416e4007cbb5a32b17589.gif

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Is it too late to tank? That was mentally easier.
Something that a lot of people to struggle to understand when evaluating GM performance - it’s very hard to succeed trying to win and it’s much easier to succeed trying to lose.

Only a handful of teams try the latter every season.

Like with Calgary - I know people felt they didn’t do well enough in their trades. But an extra second or whatever on the whole in value is meaningless when you’re aiming to be bad. It’s about the long term flexibility.

When you’re trying to win, you need those marginal wins nonstop so you have an extra second in the immediate-three year timeline. It’s hell. And the pressure is constant.

Reactions: Nucker101

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Something that a lot of people to struggle to understand when evaluating GM performance - it’s very hard to succeed trying to win and it’s much easier to succeed trying to lose.

Only a handful of teams try the latter every season.

Like with Calgary - I know people felt they didn’t do well enough in their trades. But an extra second or whatever on the whole in value is meaningless when you’re aiming to be bad. It’s about the long term flexibility.

When you’re trying to win, you need those marginal wins nonstop so you have an extra second in the immediate-three year timeline. It’s hell. And the pressure is constant.

*Steve Yzerman begins earnestly nodding*

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Battle of the Sad Club members.

Sabres finally getting their act together.

I like alot of their pieces. They have not always meshed but they are also very young.

I wish them well. Just not tonight.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I'm only interested in absolutely complete thrashing of the Sabres

I will not accept a solid win, close game come out on top or a didn't deserve the 2 points OT win...

COMPLETE AND TOTAL ANNIHILATION

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
These lines are terrible and won’t do anything for us long term

Tocchet’s one clear weakness so far is galaxy braining line combos
AND HE HAD THAT GAMBLIN RING WITH MISSUS WAYNER SO U KNOW HE IS OF WEAK MORALS AND STUFF

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
it’s still extremely bizarre the Sabres haven’t announced a starter .

I would have thought by now it was Levi, but I think we could still see UPL which would mean trouble for the Canucks.

Either way this is not going to be an easy game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad