GDT: [GM52] Canucks @ Red Wings | Sat. Feb 10th, 10:00am | SNP | Reset & Reload

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know Tocchet wanted to shake things up after that dud in Boston.....and nothing against Phil Di Giuseppe, but he belongs in the AHL helping the Baby Canucks. They could desperately use a veteran like that. Same goes for Friedman.

I'd risk waivers on both and bring up a couple of youngsters. This team needs an influx of energy and enthusiasm.

Reactions: calnuck and Indiana

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I know Tocchet wanted to shake things up after that dud in Boston.....and nothing against Phil Di Giuseppe, but he belongs in the AHL helping the Baby Canucks. They could desperately use a veteran like that. Same goes for Friedman.

I'd risk waivers on both and bring up a couple of youngsters. This team needs an influx of energy and enthusiasm.
Baby Canucks need a crease clearing defender more

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Am I alone in being concerned about Boeser? I feel like he's going to have a cold 2nd half. For a guy who's got 30 goals already he almost never looks like a threat to score. All alone in the slot? Shot will likely be stopped or maybe miss the net entirely.

I have his jersey for crying out loud so I'm not a hater. That's just the feeling I've been getting with him of late.

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Am I alone in being concerned about Boeser? I feel like he's going to have a cold 2nd half. For a guy who's got 30 goals already he almost never looks like a threat to score. All alone in the slot? Shot will likely be stopped or maybe miss the net entirely.

I have his jersey for crying out loud so I'm not a hater. That's just the feeling I've been getting with him of late.

He’s not been nearly as effective. A big part of that is luck but he’s also missing the net more. I think, and I haven’t looked into it so there may be eye-test bias, he’s not driving to the net at the same time as his linemates like previously so he’s not getting to as many rebounds and deflections.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Game really came down a couple of minutes at the end of the second period; and the first few minutes in the third.

Canucks were gifted a pp with just over two minutes left in the second period; and with the Wings down 1-3, they were clearly wilting. A PP goal by the Canucks at that point would have killed them. But when the Canucks failed on yet another PP, you had an uneasy feeling about the third.

Sure enough, a careless penalty by Hoglander early in the third which the Canucks couldn't kill off, and it was game on. The Canucks never really regained the momentum in the game.

Tocchet was clearly frustrated in the post-game scrum....feels the Canucks are losing the structure and identity that has enabled them to lock things down in the third period of games.

Tomorrow morning's game in Washington is suddenly becoming vitally important for this team.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Game really came down a couple of minutes at the end of the second period; and the first few minutes in the third.

Canucks were gifted a pp with just over two minutes left in the second period; and with the Wings down 1-3, they were clearly wilting. A PP goal by the Canucks at that point would have killed them. But when the Canucks failed on yet another PP, you had an uneasy feeling about the third.

Sure enough, a careless penalty by Hoglander early in the third which the Canucks couldn't kill off, and it was game on. The Canucks never really regained the momentum in the game.

Tocchet was clearly frustrated in the post-game scrum....feels the Canucks are losing the structure and identity that has enabled them to lock things down in the third period of games.

Tomorrow morning's game in Washington is suddenly becoming vitally important for this team.
Not really a surprise after big long layoffs that they are losing the details, this team isn't close to having them down in the first place. It's still a learning experience for them despite the excellent results.

Reactions: calnuck

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I thought he had a really good game this afternoon.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
It sucks loosing back to back.but I've noticed something is off with these guys.That intenseity they had for awhile is not there.It could be the long season is catching up with them.
they just had a 9 day break during the all star. what could they be possibly be off about? its crunchtime treat everygame like a playoff until they secure a position.

Reactions: Play

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
they just had a 9 day break during the all star. what could they be possibly be off about? its crunchtime treat everygame like a playoff until they secure a position.
Are you serious?

It's a long season and momentum and habits build off of themselves incrementally. A long break means guys have to find that rhythm again.

This is also precisely the time when good teams tend to lose a bit of focus and lose a couple. Jets had lost 5 in a row (some in OT) and Avs have lost 4 in a row.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
2SCF 20-11 in Canucks favor at ES
HDCF was 9-5 in Canucks favor at ES

Overall it was 35-20 in SCF and 17-8 and HDCF (12-2 in 3rd period yet Canucks were outscored 2-0)

Canucks deserved the win but unfortunately Desmith didn't make any key stops.
I am a wings fan.
Your team outplayed us and deserved to win, but our goalie outplayed yours. Your goalie allowed 2-3 softish goals. But we also lead the league with the most comeback wins, have been red hot in January and have a red hot goaltender. There will be a very exciting game next week when we meet again.
Wondering if Zadorov is getting a hearing. Zad getting a suspension is the last thing we need. Good to see that Raymond is okay.
When it happened I didn't understand what they wanted. It was a clean hit. The league wants to stop all hits to the head. Our player Perron got 6 games for a mild cross checking.
Apart from the unfortunate loss, this Detroit game was like a playoff game to me.

Most entertaining game of the year.
It was the best game of the season. I never visit opponents board let alone post on the opponents board. This game was the best and most exciting games the Wings have played this season. They wanted it badly. Even DeBrincat got into a fight.
I consider Hughes the best player in the league. And your team is the only one I check the highlights.

Good luck rest of the way. You have a very good team, I hope you win the cup this year. We are not there yet but soon.
Looking forward to another great game.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Didn't watch the last few games but looks like I saved myself some frustation?

Boston was by far our worst game of the season. Pettersson wound up benched in the third for how dreadful he was. You very much didn't miss anything. We were much better against Detroit, especially Petey. Just came down to some very questionable officiating and our powerplay unable to score. It and us as a whole actually looked good. Could have easily been 3-4 to 1 in the first alone.

Tocchet did finally demote Mikheyev to the fourth line and move Hoglander up. And wouldn't you know it? He had a goal and an assist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad