Matta-Gostisbehere

Lyon

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'll miss this game completely - driving to Hazelton for a double header of games for my son and back.

1707497215022.png

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hopefully they can go a PP without giving up a short handed goal in the first.

Haha. Reminds me of our series with the Kings in 2010, where our PK was getting lit the hell up. The Twins stepped in to join the PK with a simple goal - let's get through ONE penalty without giving up a goal. And then they did. And it ended up being a huge momentum shift in the series.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
The line up;
Well EP, Lindy and Mikheyev with Cole and Myers were bad. Cole was especially bad.
So they should not be a 5 man group again.

That means Mikheyev will be sat out because Tocchet says so, use your imagination for some of his blanket comments.

Zadorov will get reduced time because he wasn't on the ice for any goals against. Or he didn't score on his two chances. Or ????

Lots of moving defence players around.

DeSmith or DeMco? I think DeMco just because that last game ha giant brain farts in it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I guess it’s nice to watch morning games but I’ll have nothing to do at night now
SB weekend. Too bad the Canucks have to play both days. How it goes. At least for the Was game, they will have traveled after the Wings game and be in bed at a regular time.

Kind of forget that on SB weekend, any Sunday games would be early ones, thus in a B2B, Canucks would have to be playing early both days.

It is what it is. Odd schedule where you play the other conference teams in a home/away so close together. Wings are the Nucks first opponent when they get back for their mini 2 game homstand.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Wont be an easy one for the Canucks..They need to shake off that clunker in Boston..Key here, is for our best players to be our best players (which wasn't the case last night)...Lindholm,Pettersson,Boeser all had quiet games in Boston

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Weekend back-to-back against two teams desperate for points in the frenzied Eastern Conference playoff race. And a 10 a.m. (Pacific time) start both Saturday and Sunday.

A sweep would be nice--but a split more likely. Hopefully the Canucks can use that Boston clunker as motivation. But the Wings will come at them in waves. Whether it's Demko or DeSmith, they're going to have to stand on their heads.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Have to eat some crow on Stevie Y in Detroit. I wasn’t a fan of a lot of his signings the last few years. Some of the contracts still aren’t great, but he’s filled the team out in key positions and with a lot of 2 way players. Kind of like what Allvin did but spent more money. They also seem to want to graduate players slowly, instead of just giving players spots when they aren’t ready and letting them develop bad habits. Ottawa and Buffalo should take notes.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Have to eat some crow on Stevie Y in Detroit. I wasn’t a fan of a lot of his signings the last few years. Some of the contracts still aren’t great, but he’s filled the team out in key positions and with a lot of 2 way players. Kind of like what Allvin did but spent more money. They also seem to want to graduate players slowly, instead of just giving players spots when they aren’t ready and letting them develop bad habits. Ottawa and Buffalo should take notes.
Seems like he's put a good cohesive team together, which should be commended..Does he have the young elite pieces to be a future contender..?.Not convinced about that.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I'm still skeptical it'll work out like he's planned but I get what he's doing and most of the players he's targeted are good players on reasonable contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad