Post-Game Talk: [GM40] Canucks lose to Penguins | 4-5 | Garland, Boeser, Hughes, Dermott

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Although, this is guaranteed to happen:

- get absolutely demolished in January, looks promising for the tank
- Demko comes back, Boudreau might get fired, new coach and goalie bump pushes us to wildcard territory
- Bo, Kuz, Schenn not traded for the push
- miss playoffs by 4 points

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There's no room for debate.....this team is the worst defensive team in the NHL. At times watching them is laughable. They look like a squirt team skating on their ankles.

I can only hope somewhere Jim Benning is red-faced watching that pairing of OEL and Myers.....after all, he was the guy who inflicted these guys on the Canucks for years to come.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
There's no room for debate.....this team is the worst defensive team in the NHL. At times watching them is laughable. They look like a squirt team skating on their ankles.

I can only hope somewhere Jim Benning is red-faced watching that pairing of OEL and Myers.....after all, he was the guy who inflicted these guys on the Canucks for years to come.
And the hilarious part, Jimbo believed OEL was capable of Norris like seasons.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
How do you get good defensemen these days other than drafting? Nobody is going to trade theirs. Drafting and developing good d men takes at least 3 or 4 years. You don't want to trade away our best players like Hughes Pettersson Kuzmenko, but what good are they if they don't have the supporting cast? We are kinda in a bad spot here. The way this team looks, it's rebuild now. or be a mediocre team for the next 5 or 6 years, then rebuild.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
frosted-flakes-tony-the-tiger.gif

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Classic choke job

How is pathetic incompetent Cull still employed? All of the coaching staff is useless

I get that this roster sucks .. thanks yo PA and JR but not this bad. Zero structure

Tank on
Mr "I refuse to buy my kid a $$$$$ computer" likely doesn't want to be paying for three NHL head coaches (only one of whom behind the Canucks bench).

Reactions: Indiana

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Jim Benning was nothing more than a fraud, I cannot believe we bought that 'Boston Model' bull****

The time I spent arguing what was obviously a disorganized, incompetent regime was not worth the vindication I feel now being correct. I wish I wasn't.

Blame Benning all you want though and you'd be right, I see him more as a symptom now.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017

Not second worst?

• Haha
Reactions: geebaan and quat

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Jim Benning was nothing more than a fraud, I cannot believe we bought that 'Boston Model' bull****

JEB is a complete moron who, I will say this as many times as I can, should have his name carved into a slab of granite and be placed in the latrine of Rogers Arena for all of eternity.

But I think Moleman and Allvin are more fitting of the title of fraud - both made grand promises of things to come, both talked out a galaxy, and neither delivered anything to the fans.

I'm starting to think this is all a sly ploy for Fredo to hire people who won't outshine him, and the sole purpose of these people is to make Fredo himself look better.

Reactions: Foundational Player

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
How do you get good defensemen these days other than drafting? Nobody is going to trade theirs. Drafting and developing good d men takes at least 3 or 4 years. You don't want to trade away our best players like Hughes Pettersson Kuzmenko, but what good are they if they don't have the supporting cast? We are kinda in a bad spot here. The way this team looks, it's rebuild now. or be a mediocre team for the next 5 or 6 years, then rebuild.
What the heck I didnt expect this from you Logan

• Love
Reactions: Indiana and geebaan

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
JEB is a complete moron who, I will say this as many times as I can, should have his name carved into a slab of granite and be placed in the latrine of Rogers Arena for all of eternity.

But I think Moleman and Allvin are more fitting of the title of fraud - both made grand promises of things to come, both talked out a galaxy, and neither delivered anything to the fans.

I'm starting to think this is all a sly ploy for Fredo to hire people who won't outshine him, and the sole purpose of these people is to make Fredo himself look better.

And if JR and Allvin are shown the door down the road, it all comes back to ownership. The Canucks brand right now is really bad, talent is there but it's not good hockey. Aquaman more concerned about playoff revenue in stead of icing a proper hockey team that can compete.

I've said this many times, I will not dish out my hard earned money to watch this team unless it's on the company dime. Haven't even bought anything Canucks related for close to 10 years now.

Reactions: Zippgunn

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
you know whats funny.
Boston is still a powerhouse even after their cup run in 2011.
Canucks...well Its pretty self explanatory.

If only blueberry boi have some foresight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad