Post-Game Talk: [GM36] Canucks lose to Flames | 2-3 | Dries & Pettersson

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
In isolation nobody would be piling on a top offensive player for long after that lazy reaction to HIS turnover (seen Kucherov and others do it from time to time) but when HNIC makes a segment out of it because you do it twice on a national broadcast AND the season has been poor AND you just got locked into a huge long term contract for huge money AND you just made news the game before for being a spaz in addressing your goalie being pulled it's pretty obvious your being a selfish AHole, a distraction and a poor leader.

It's not smart and looks like a petulant child especially when his effort has been that of a guy that got fat and lazy this off season once he got paid. Figure it out dumb ass

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
In the time it took 2 calgary players to go from center ice to our net...Miller didn't even reach the blue line from center ice. It was like he was skating back on an icing that wasn't going to make it.
Exactly

He literally could not make it from one blue line to the other blue line in the time it took the Flames to score.

Look at him drop his shoulders and give up right from the start.

This clown is an assistant captain? Supposed to be part of the leadership group of players?

Reactions: Indiana

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Anybody who says he was not going to impact the 2 on 1 has never played the game.

When you are the guy that made the screw up you get on your horse and show you want to make up for it. Secondly, its hockey, no goal is guaranteed, if there is a rebound you need to be back into the play…you don’t quit on the play ….ever

Last edited:

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Hasn’t been since we had Gudbranson that I’ve actively disliked a Canucks player as much as I dislike Miller.

Can’t wait for his stock answer of “I don’t care what fans/media think, only what my teammates think” when asked for the 3rd…4th?!? time this year about his terrible play/attitude.

At what point don’t you look in the mirror & realize that I might be the problem here?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
-Both games (Winnipeg and Calgary) saw sub par efforts from key veteran Canuck players imo..Miller,Horvat,Garland,Boeser,OEL especially...

-Both games highlighted the Canucks inability to support the puck..Calgary was better last night, and the Canucks were schooled by the Jets (except for the 1st period).

-Both games had good enough goaltending to win the game.. In a position that had generally been atrocious for the Canucks this season, it was the players in front of them them that dropped the ball this time.

If they cant find another gear this weeks and next...It should be obvious to Allvin that its time to sell at the TDL.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Just watching this one now, just a brutal start to the game wow. The way this team seemingly has the mindset of an elite team that they can just coast on neutral and still win games is just mind-boggling .

Watching dudes like Miller, OEL, Myers and Boeser just float around is hilarious. God thing we have 3 of them all locked up again for multiple seasons.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
-Both games (Winnipeg and Calgary) saw sub par efforts from key veteran Canuck players imo..Miller,Horvat,Garland,Boeser,OEL especially...

-Both games highlighted the Canucks inability to support the puck..Calgary was better last night, and the Canucks were schooled by the Jets (except for the 1st period).

-Both games had good enough goaltending to win the game.. In a position that had generally been atrocious for the Canucks this season, it was the players in front of them them that dropped the ball this time.

If they cant find another gear this weeks and next...It should be obvious to Allvin that its time to sell at the TDL.
It's been obvious to some, for years now, that it's been time to sell...."finding another gear" would only prove to further muddle what really needed to occur at every TDL in recent memory.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Hasn’t been since we had Gudbranson that I’ve actively disliked a Canucks player as much as I dislike Miller.

Can’t wait for his stock answer of “I don’t care what fans/media think, only what my teammates think” when asked for the 3rd…4th?!? time this year about his terrible play/attitude.

At what point don’t you look in the mirror & realize that I might be the problem here?
When a player says that they know that other players won’t call him out publicly so its assumed the room is good with him

Oldest trick in the floater player handbook

AV benched him in NY and Cooper say him in the press box until the Lightning traded him. Those coaches had balls, unlike coward lake duck Bruce. The red flags have been there all along with Miller

Grow some balls Bruce, bench him

So laughable people thought JR was any better than JB

He is literally JB 2.0

PA is a incompetent non factor figurehead

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
When a player says that they know that other players won’t call him out publicly so its assumed the room is good with him

Oldest trick in the floater player handbook

AV benched him in NY and Cooper say him in the press box until the Lightning traded him. Those coaches had balls, unlike coward lake duck Bruce. The red flags have been there all along with Miller

Grow some balls Bruce, bench him

So laughable people thought JR was any better than JB

He is literally JB 2.0

PA is a incompetent non factor figurehead
Can you post a link proving Cooper Sat Miller in the press box until they traded him..I think you’re making that up.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Can you post a link proving Cooper Sat Miller in the press box until they traded him..I think you’re making that up.

Looked it up, he played all of NYR's game's until time of trading.

Missed 5 games due to injury in 18-19 with TB, but can't account for the two other missing games. Nothing shows up for healthy scratches for him from my search. What is apparent is that Cooper didn't really trust him and he had long stretches of ~10-12 TOI.

Reactions: racerjoe

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
So the Canucks sink below the 'magical' .500 mark again and almost everybody they play in January is ahead of them in in standings.

On a positive note, there's a real chance their season could be semi-officially over by January 30th, well before the NHL trade deadline. And realistically, it's the outcome of the TDL that will define whether the season is a 'success' or not.

For the most part this group of payers have basically proven they can't get it done on the ice.....so let the 'trading games' begin.
This group of losers shouldn’t even want to be together anymore.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I can't get too uptight about losses anymore.....individual player performances can sometimes bug you, like with Miller last night.

But the reality is, as we enter a new year, this version of the Canucks is a .500 team pure and simple. And it's the NHL equivalent of being in the twilight zone, and for the fans being in perpetual purgatory. Not goo enough to really be a serious threat to make the playoffs; and not bad enough to have any shot at the top players in the draft.

So really for me the only drama left in this season is how the current front office is going to shake up the roster. Unfortunately by re-signing Boeser and Miller, they got off to a terrible start and have hamstrung the team going forward.

But again, to me, signing those two guys to big ticket contracts that look ludicrous in hindsight, has the fingerprints of this lackluster owner all over them. Just no other 'explanation' that makes any sense.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
We need Pearson back so that can ice a 5 man unit

Pearson Miller Boeser
OEL Myers

Nearly 40% of the cap this year and next, some signed for multiple more years
Is this not the season starting projected top line and second pair defence?

Reactions: me2

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
There’s a reason the Canucks were Millers 3rd team in 4 years when he got he here. Canucks should have never signed him to his contract and if they got any balls they’ll ignore contract ethics and trade him before it kicks in.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
That back check is being overblown. He wasn’t going to change it from a 2 on 1. He wasn’t even the 2nd man. He was the 3rd man.

Obviously he’s been a bozo quite a bit but people are just piling on now.

Granted I’ve only seen this slo-mo clip of the play at hand.

I completely agree with two of your posts today/this hear... wow.

I actually agree with you on the first part but a fundamental part of defense is to get back in your zone to provide support. If the chance was flubbed, he still wouldn’t have been back for second and third chance opportunities.

As I said at the time, Lindholm almost stopped because he had so much time. It was a noticeably terrible effort from everyone.

Horvat was actually the one to be back (and correctly) on that play. JT should have been picking up the next guy, and from the replays I have seen I can't tell who his check should be.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Looked it up, he played all of NYR's game's until time of trading.

Missed 5 games due to injury in 18-19 with TB, but can't account for the two other missing games. Nothing shows up for healthy scratches for him from my search. What is apparent is that Cooper didn't really trust him and he had long stretches of ~10-12 TOI.
There are no accounts of him having behavioral issues in TB..On the contrary,he was a popular teammate..

There’s plenty enough to pile on him without having to manufacture dirt (which is prevalent here on Hf Canucks)..

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

Same point when FAQ realizes the same (never).

Reactions: Huggy43

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Horvat was actually the one to be back (and correctly) on that play. JT should have been picking up the next guy, and from the replays I have seen I can't tell who his check should be.

Disagree. At that point of the play it doesn't matter. You skate back hard and figure out who "your guy" is when you get closer.

Ultimately the puck went in so it wouldn't have made a difference.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Disagree. At that point of the play it doesn't matter. You skate back hard and figure out who "your guy" is when you get closer.

Ultimately the puck went in so it wouldn't have made a difference.
This is how you get out of coverage... yes skate back hard, but if you have two guys going to one guy, you are leaving another open.

Again there is so much to get mad at Miller in terms of giveaways and defensively. This was small potatoes and not really that bad.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Here is a good article from back when AV had had enough of Millers’s antics

Common knowledge..JTM has even addressed the fact that he needed to ‘grow up’ in NY

Where’s the quote where Jon Cooper had problems with Miller?

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Common knowledge..JTM has even addressed the fact that he needed to ‘grow up’ in NY

Clearly you don’t follow teams other than the Canucks. Cooper demoted Miller down from first line and also sat him out. Google away and you will find it.

Here is an article talking about how Cooper demoted him down the lineup

Reactions: Indiana

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Clearly you don’t follow teams other than the Canucks. Cooper demoted Miller down from first line and also sat him out. Google away and you will find it.

Here is an article talking about how Cooper demoted him down the lineup

Big deal..He had ups and downs in his play (like a lot of players do), and was up and down the lineup (a stacked one at that)..This does not infer that he had behavioural problems in TB, with the players, and/or coach..and was moved out... (which is the narrative that you're pushing ).

The article you posted is not unflattering to Millers performance in TB..

Last season, Elias Pettersson had his minutes cut, and was demoted to the 3rd line by Boudreau...By your standards, that would make EP a locker room cancer.

There's plenty to complain about Millers play (which is fair game) without grossly embellishing /making stuff up.

Reactions: sting101 and Nomobo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad