Weegar-Tanev
Zadorov-Stone

Markstrom

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

This guy comes off sounding like a miserable piece of shit.

What JT said:
"It looked bad, MAYBE I shouldn't have done it, but no biggie. Dont give a shit about what others think."

What should have been said:
"There was some confusion there but I know I should have handled it better. Delia is a great teammate and really kept us in that game. We are focusing on the next game now."

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Miller responding the way he did is what makes Miller who he is. There's no surprise here, he wants to win more than anyone else on the team. He's the perfect mental mold of how a player can survive in this market with shitty media and fans that harp on every move he makes.

I absolutely love his attitude, fearlessness, and take no shits attitude towards everyone. I think more people took his actions personally than Delia did, these guys are millionaire hockey players that are all high level competitors, they should take heat from other players or they aren't cut out for the NHL.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
IF, IF, IF, they play the full 60 minutes like they played against the Jets in the 1st period last night, they should be alright.

And score on your pp chances. You know the Flames will.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Hoglander really needs to be called back or JT needs to be moved to wing. That line has been brutal

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
This guy comes off sounding like a miserable piece of shit.

What JT said:
"It looked bad, MAYBE I shouldn't have done it, but no biggie. Dont give a shit about what others think."

What should have been said:
"There was some confusion there but I know I should have handled it better. Delia is a great teammate and really kept us in that game. We are focusing on the next game now."
This is such nonsense.

Canucks reddit is freaking out about this too.

What I saw? A 3rd string goalie who doesn't know the intricacies, the day-to-day of how this team communicates and pulls the goalie.

I think Delia had tunnel-vision on Bruce because as the 3rd stringer, he wanted to cross all of his T's and dot all of his I's.

The team was communicating with him that they wanted him out to open up another passing option for the breakout (out number the Jets on the ice) and Delia, with tunnel vision, wasn't hearing it. Miller finally slapped the net with his stick and said, 'f***ing go to the bench' to break through Delia's trance.

Miller has done some stupid shit and been petulant at times, but this is an absolute nothingburger.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
bruce-bruce-boudreau.gif

new-year.gif

Reactions: Ozone

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
The miller incident isolated is not as big of a deal by itself (even though you'd never see that from a sedin lead team)

The problem is its just one of the many times this bozo has acted out like a whiny ass bitch cancer

This team is a joke, when you have someone like Edler wanting out of this team who in the past refused to waive because he loved this city/team , Nate Schmidt could only take 1 year of this mess, Holtby and schenn both visibly mouthing off at miller etc etc

Miller is the new messier

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
The miller incident isolated is not as big of a deal by itself (even though you'd never see that from a sedin lead team)

The problem is its just one of the many times this bozo has acted out like a whiny ass bitch cancer

This team is a joke, when you have someone like Edler wanting out of this team who in the past refused to waive because he loved this city/team , Nate Schmidt could only take 1 year of this mess, Holtby and schenn both visibly mouthing off at miller etc etc

Miller is the new messier
It's so bizarre the constant romanticizing of the 2011 'leadership' core, in comparison to todays.. as if the exact same criticisms didn't exist back then.

The Sedins were passive af, never really hated to lose, and had endless shenanigan's on their 'led' team. Kesler and Burr would frequently cross lines while taunting other teams, pulling stunts etc.

Edler was a careless suspension magnet, who never once lifted a finger for a teammate on ice.

Bieksa, aka Casual Kev.. not a name he got undeservedly to say the least.

These guys built the country club, it may have been a well oiled club... but a club none the less.

That group went on 1 deep run, then never won a series again (and only 1 single playoff game) until the 1st year of the current core was assembled. They were dismantled a few seasons later with enough drama and baggage, that its still making headlines over 10 years later lolol.

These days we just have to worry about the kids playing too many video games, and a guy who swears loudly near the rink mic's.

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
There's nothing wrong with what Miller did, IMO. I just found the situation amusing and endearing more than anything, personally. They should laugh about it the same way they laugh about a coach flying off the handle in certain situations.

On the other hand, I don't know if I fully buy this romanticized "just another example of what a raw competitor/fierce leader Miller is" reframing, either. I don't know how someone with that reputation can play/make decisions as lackadaisically as he does at times. He seems like a relatively normal competitor, just with a shorter fuse than most, to me.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
This is such nonsense.

Canucks reddit is freaking out about this too.

What I saw? A 3rd string goalie who doesn't know the intricacies, the day-to-day of how this team communicates and pulls the goalie.

I think Delia had tunnel-vision on Bruce because as the 3rd stringer, he wanted to cross all of his T's and dot all of his I's.

The team was communicating with him that they wanted him out to open up another passing option for the breakout (out number the Jets on the ice) and Delia, with tunnel vision, wasn't hearing it. Miller finally slapped the net with his stick and said, 'f***ing go to the bench' to break through Delia's trance.

Miller has done some stupid shit and been petulant at times, but this is an absolute nothingburger.

Nothing wrong with what Miller did. Anyone who thinks there is, I dunno, I question if they’ve played high level sports. Things get intense, people want to win, it shouldn’t be taken personally.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
It's so bizarre the constant romanticizing of the 2011 'leadership' core, in comparison to todays.. as if the exact same criticisms didn't exist back then.

The Sedins were passive af, never really hated to lose, and had endless shenanigan's on their 'led' team. Kesler and Burr would frequently cross lines while taunting other teams, pulling stunts etc.

Edler was a careless suspension magnet, who never once lifted a finger for a teammate on ice.

Bieksa, aka Casual Kev.. not a name he got undeservedly to say the least.

These guys built the country club, it may have been a well oiled club... but a club none the less.

That group went on 1 deep run, then never won a series again (and only 1 single playoff game) until the 1st year of the current core was assembled. They were dismantled a few seasons later with enough drama and baggage, that its still making headlines over 10 years later lolol.

These days we just have to worry about the kids playing too many video games, and a guy who swears loudly near the rink mic's.

this is some stockholm syndrome level self loathing

Reactions: geebster

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nothing wrong with what Miller did. Anyone who thinks there is, I dunno, I question if they’ve played high level sports. Things get intense, people want to win, it shouldn’t be taken personally.

.. and it's not taken personally by the players. Like Miller said, nobody on the team even cared. There is a certain soft, whiny segment of the online fan base & media that cares though so it then becomes a story.

Reactions: Nomobo

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
.. and it's not taken personally by the players. Like Miller said, nobody on the team even cared. There is a certain soft, whiny segment of the online fan base & media that cares though so it then becomes a story.

I get it. Fans don’t like the cookie cutter player responses to media, then they get a guy like Miller who seems to be a bit more straight, and they can’t handle it.

It’s settled, I’m getting a Miller jersey. Haha.

Reactions: racerjoe

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I get it. Fans don’t like the cookie cutter player responses to media, then they get a guy like Miller who seems to be a bit more straight, and they can’t handle it.

It’s settled, I’m getting a Miller jersey. Haha.

I get why people are frustrated at Miller's play in general.. but these extrapolations about him being an awful human or locker room cancer based on him getting angry in games is just tiresome.

Reactions: sting101

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Someone needs to slap Jonathan Tanner around.

Maybe they he’d might care.

I wouldn’t mind so much him being a prick if he was producing and playing well.

But he’s mailed it in since he got his shiny new contract.

Great job mgmt.

Reactions: Grantham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad