GDT: [GM33] Canucks @ Predators | Tue. Dec 19th, 5pm | SNP | Early Starts, Slow Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You think Rick is gonna play a similar player to Kuze who also happens to be a rookie and hasn't proven anything at the NHL level?

I brought it up in the postgame thread. That's when I knew Kuze was cooked. Tocchet would rather give up C depth than elevate Kuze
I think Tocchet will 100% play a rookie if they're playing hard every night and working on the things he's asking them to work on. Kuzmenko's issue is that he's been the kind of bad that makes him look lazy. He isn't floating, isn't fighting to the dirty areas, isn't forechecking, and doesn't defend. He can't be a 0.3ppg scorer who's getting PP1 time, not scoring, and not doing anything else.

This year's Kuz isn't the 40-goal player from last season and Tocchet had issues with how that version played too.

Reactions: calnuck

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I think Tocchet will 100% play a rookie if they're playing hard every night and working on the things he's asking them to work on. Kuzmenko's issue is that he's been the kind of bad that makes him look lazy. He isn't floating, isn't fighting to the dirty areas, isn't forechecking, and doesn't defend. He can't be a 0.3ppg scorer who's getting PP1 time, not scoring, and not doing anything else.

This year's Kuz isn't the 40-goal player from last season and Tocchet had issues with how that version played too.
Yet that's exactly what Boeser was doing last season and Tocchet didn't penalize him one bit for it

Reactions: MS

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Hoglander is a BEAST on the boards. That's how he was able to play his way out of the dog house, and after a couple of games, he was already back there. Lek is far weaker than Kuze and will likely struggle on the forecheck, especially as a 20-year-old rookie
You pointed out yourself, he’s not even 20 yet right now, the potential is high

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yet that's exactly what Boeser was doing last season and Tocchet didn't penalize him one bit for it
And guess what, Boeser is revamped this season, so I guess Rick was right in trusting Brock?

Yeah, I think Tocchet is eager to hand out the tough love after Kuzmenko didn't take his offseason training as seriously as they expect players to. If he was producing he'd get a pass but since he's struggling management wants to send a message.
Going to Bali is fine if he trains in a professional gym.

Training in the wild is crazy

Reactions: calnuck

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Yeah, I think Tocchet is eager to hand out the tough love after Kuzmenko didn't take his offseason training as seriously as they expect players to. If he was producing he'd get a pass but since he's struggling management wants to send a message.
Yeah I can maybe see a little bit of that coming in but I do think if he came in in Tip Top condition they don't give a shit how he does it where he does it who he does it with Etc

I really hope he turns the corner

And guess what, Boeser is revamped this season, so I guess Rick was right in trusting Brock?

Going to Bali is fine if he trains in a professional gym.

Training in the wild is crazy
Well not if you do true Rocky shit and Bobby Hull man shit

Grrr

Feb 19, 2018
How to ruin confidence 101. Kuz was playing much better and you replace his 39 goals last year with a career AHL player in PDG? You can see Petey’s game go downhill and our PP fall out of the top 5 when we first scratched Kuzmenko.

Let the guy build some confidence in a stretch of games along Petey and become that dynamic duo again.

Free Kuz

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hoglander is a BEAST on the boards. That's how he was able to play his way out of the dog house, and after a couple of games, he was already back there. Lek is far weaker than Kuze and will likely struggle on the forecheck, especially as a 20-year-old rookie
It's not a matter of tying and struggling at something, it's that Kuzmenko doesn't even try. There's a difference in how he treats guys that are giving 100% and just can't do certain things and how he treats guys that aren't giving their all and not doing things.

Reactions: andora

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Was it though? The difference between Boeser last season and Kuz this season is that Tocchet knows Kuzmenko has more to give and that, at the time, Brock didn't have more to give. He seems to push for 100% of what you can give and not ask for more than that.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Management goes out and COMPETES to woo a sniper in Kuzzy. Wins the sweepstakes and hits a home-run 40 goal scorer

Enter square peg round hole Tocchet who is determined to turn kuzzy into tyler motte

Then proceeds to hold Kuzzy accountable while he turns a blind eye to Tyler Myers shitshow

Makes sense

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Management goes out and COMPETES to woo a sniper in Kuzzy. Wins the sweepstakes and hits a home-run 40 goal scorer

Enter square peg round hole Tocchet who is determined to turn kuzzy into tyler motte

Then proceeds to hold Kuzzy accountable while he turns a blind eye to Tyler Myers shitshow

Makes sense
Your second paragraph is false,and your third paragraph is apples to oranges.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I hope Kuzzy’s agent gets him on a team that would love a sniper …. Basically any team not coached by Tocchet

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
How to ruin confidence 101. Kuz was playing much better and you replace his 39 goals last year with a career AHL player in PDG? You can see Petey’s game go downhill and our PP fall out of the top 5 when we first scratched Kuzmenko.

Let the guy build some confidence in a stretch of games along Petey and become that dynamic duo again.

Free Kuz

Didn't the PP score a couple goals with Hronek after Kuz was scratched?

Reactions: Tables of Stats
Feb 19, 2018
I don’t think inflating Hronek’s PP points is a good idea getting second assists etc in a contract year. If anything inflate Kuzmenko’s value and sell high if he’s not a part of the process long term.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Didn't the PP score a couple goals with Hronek after Kuz was scratched?

In the two games he was scratched (5-1 win and 4-3 loss) they went 2/6 (Boeser and Hronek). They also scored when Kuzmenko took that Miller shot to the face.

He als stayed off the PP for a bit afterwards but I don’t remember those games and would have to look and see their scoring.

Reactions: m9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad