GDT: [GM33] Canucks @ Predators | Tue. Dec 19th, 5pm | SNP | Early Starts, Slow Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
What's more likely:

PP gets hot and we win a couple games on its back, or

Garland breaks the seal and we win a couple games on his back?
I have a feeling Garland is going score a bunch once one finally goes in for him. That line keeps getting their chances.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I just want to win 1 of these 2 games + the SJ game to take us into Christmas. Anything more is gravy.

Exactly. Going 2-1-1 on this road trip would be a big success given how it seems to be scheduled to specifically f*** with the Canucks. Beat the Sharks and you’re going into a stretch where they play 1 game in 9 days and are sitting at 48 points in 35 games. Would actually mean they have a better record in December than the previous months.

Reactions: bh53, ziploc and MS

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Preds are going to be very tough customers, red hot right now. I'm not sure we'll come away with the dub, being as inconsistent as we have been this road trip. If Preds bag a few on our usual sloppiness I don't have much confidence on a comeback. It'll come down to Demko holding down the fort.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I just want to win 1 of these 2 games + the SJ game to take us into Christmas. Anything more is gravy.
SJ game is a concern. Only home game after a 4 game road trip. Have to treat that as a road game basically. Last game before Xmas break. Probably would have been better for Van if that game was in SJ and this was a 5 not 4 game trip. Kind of a trap game. If they can secure 2/3 of these games before Xmas, it will have been an excellent start.

Reactions: MS

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I have no problems with this tight schedule because we'll have an easier schedule on the 2nd half.

Right? RIGHT??

They have a crazy home stand in March with lots of two day breaks. So the quality of competition might actually get tougher but it’s much more relaxed travel-wise.

Reactions: LordBacon

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Any time they play Nashville I think of this series or the infamous Auger incident

We were screwed out of a f***ing Cup and I try not to think about it and just keep enjoying hockey moving forward and then watch stuff like this and it’s so upsetting I can’t even put it into words.

33 out of 34 games down the stretch and into the playoffs in 2011 the opposition got more PPs despite us being one of the most dominant possession teams in the history of the sport.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
SJ game is a concern. Only home game after a 4 game road trip. Have to treat that as a road game basically. Last game before Xmas break. Probably would have been better for Van if that game was in SJ and this was a 5 not 4 game trip. Kind of a trap game. If they can secure 2/3 of these games before Xmas, it will have been an excellent start.

K, let's be honest though, If you had been told on Sept 1, 2023 (or almost any year to start any season) that at the Christmas a Canucks team was 21-12-2 (the result of losing all 3 of these upcoming games), I think you would probably been pretty happy and think it was an excellent start- No?

But I too prefer 23-10-2 :)

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Any time they play Nashville I think of this series or the infamous Auger incident

And yet it wasn't until the Islanders complained about the New Jersey game that Auger "decided to retire" even though Terry Gregson said otherwise.

I honestly feel bad for Auger that he lost such a good gig but his ego got the better of him which happens to a lot of people who carry the whistle or stand behind the bench in any sport for some reason.

It also went to show what a difficult job it is to be an NHL ref as his hiring is a result of the two referee system. There just so few people that have what it takes to work at that position.

Reactions: calnuck

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
f*** Ron Maclean what a bitch

Some of my favourite moments for both Gillis and Vigneault came as a result of MacLean’s little hatchet job. Gillis boycotting HNIC, and Vigneault getting a platform to passionately and eloquently offer up Burrows’ version of events and counter the BS narratives being peddled by the league and CBC. Both were great examples of leadership.

And I echo MS - we totally got f***ed by the refs and the league (let’s be real, it was one and the same) out of a Cup. Lots has been said about Luongo this, or scoring that - and our team was the walking wounded at that point. But in a fairly officiated series, we walk away with the Cup ten times out of ten.

Anyway.

Hope we beat the Preds tonight!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Some of my favourite moments for both Gillis and Vigneault came as a result of MacLean’s little hatchet job. Gillis boycotting HNIC, and Vigneault getting a platform to passionately and eloquently offer up Burrows’ version of events and counter the BS narratives being peddled by the league and CBC. Both were great examples of leadership.

And I echo MS - we totally got f***ed by the refs and the league (let’s be real, it was one and the same) out of a Cup. Lots has been said about Luongo this, or scoring that - and our team was the walking wounded at that point. But in a fairly officiated series, we walk away with the Cup ten times out of ten.

Anyway.

Hope we beat the Preds tonight!
Said it in another thread but Tampa would have beat Boston in 5 or 6 had the refs decided to call penalties in that series. Game 7 on that ECF was total bullshit. Blatant trips, interference/picks, and numerous roughing penalties not called.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
K, let's be honest though, If you had been told on Sept 1, 2023 (or almost any year to start any season) that at the Christmas a Canucks team was 21-12-2 (the result of losing all 3 of these upcoming games), I think you would probably been pretty happy and think it was an excellent start- No?

It is but, given where they are now, getting those 4 points vs none will allow the team to work on their game in the new year vs. just trying to secure points like they have in prior seasons when they were chasing after the first 15 games.
But, let's be greedy...

Reactions: bobbyb2009

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley

We expected to do well under Boudreau after the injection he gave the team now that he let the players have their say and put the stars on the Power Play among other things.

That all came crashing down to earth when Demko played injured at the beginning of the season. Tocchet's success at the mid-point of the season mirrored Bruce's (there it is) which happened at the same time Demko was back.

The low expectations really favoured the team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad