GDT: [GM33] Canucks @ Predators | Tue. Dec 19th, 5pm | SNP | Early Starts, Slow Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Glass really fell off again after it looked like he was finally going to get it together.
yeah, happens. Button nailed it right with Jake. But, he projected Glass to be like Scheiffle as well. Tough for Patrick with the hernia on both sides and then migraines. Other top 6 have done well.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006

Really thought he was strong in the Florida game I was at. He was consistently in on the forecheck and scored a nice goal, too.

Disappointing he’s coming out. PDG has been ice cold for going on a month+ now, too - don’t see how this makes us better.

I'm surprised it is Kuzmenko and not Hoglander. Hoglander only played 8:06 against Minny and 9:53 against Chicago.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Really not liking the Kuzmenko situation. He has it in him to forecheck and has shown he can still be elite offensively, something we need.

Wonder if they might actually trade him or he asks out…

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley

Really thought he was strong in the Florida game I was at. He was consistently in on the forecheck and scored a nice goal, too.

Disappointing he’s coming out. PDG has been ice cold for going on a month+ now, too - don’t see how this makes us better.

Maybe a sit and watch a preds team that is strong Defenisely and how he needs to play. Otherwise This could again be a non Rick player and Cap space victim.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Weird feeling theres a trade in the works. Makes no sense to have PDG in the line up over him.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Playing him on the 4th line does him no favours at all. Doesn’t let him use his strengths and magnifies his deficiencies even more. How he didn’t even get a look with Petey again even when he was rolling for 2 games is baffling - I don’t agree with how Tocchet approached this.

But, Tocchet is the coach and if he won’t even use him in December then there’s no way he plays him in meaningful minutes in the playoffs. I don’t agree as Kuzmenko is something we need for sustainable offense beside Petey still but maybe he’s better off being shopped.

Reactions: calnuck

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
He is going to get so fed up with being asked about him.

If kuzmenko was a generic personality/player - everything else the same is the response the same?

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Big game tonight. Saros has been an absolute wall lately.

Excited to see how the Canucks do against a team on an absolute heater

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
He is going to get so fed up with being asked about him.

If kuzmenko was a generic personality/player - everything else the same is the response the same?
He scored 39 goals last year and now he's a healthy scratch, I feel like any personality type on the planet would still generate intense media scrutiny for that

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Kuzmenko situation is heading somewhere very bad. Will basically leave the Canucks in a Boeser 2.0 situation from the summer - a "scorer" that no team wants at the given cap hit.

They could have had some foresight with this situation.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
He scored 39 goals last year and now he's a healthy scratch, I feel like any personality type on the planet would still generate intense media scrutiny for that
right, last year

poor offensive sophmore followup, potential conditioning issues and defensive stagnation.. been a real struggle this year, but glimpses are there. i just wonder if it would be any different if the player wasn't so loveable (with i believe the casual fan bure nostalgia)

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Yeah f*** off with Kuzmenko sitting.

They made the point by gluing him to the 4th line for the last couple of weeks. Yeah let’s put a slumping forward who doesn’t play a 4th line game on the 4th line and hope somehow he starts figuring it out playing with non offensive guys.

Meanwhile they’ve devolved Pettersson into a 3C checking forward.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I think the difference is that PDG isn't an asset that the coach is trying to get more out of while Kuzmenko is.

Kuzmenko can play the game the right way and produce offense while doing so, so the coach is sending a strong message that he'd better start doing so if he wants to stay in the lineup. He can't have two good games and then take a night off right now.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Not a fan of Kuz sitting but I trust Tocchet. Has to be something else going on between the lines because I don't think he's been as bad as anyone else on the 4th line.

Hopefully all works out and Kuz is back playing on the top line by new years and Tocchet looks like a genius!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Not a fan of Kuz sitting but I trust Tocchet. Has to be something else going on between the lines because I don't think he's been as bad as anyone else on the 4th line.

Hopefully all works out and Kuz is back playing on the top line by new years and Tocchet looks like a genius!

This a kick in the nuts to get him fired up situation, I guess?

Because if they want him out via trade, this is doing nothing but tanking his value.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Yeah I don't really like the Kuzmenko scratching but after two great games against the Florida teams and two games where he did nothing (same for the entire team against Minny), I sort of get why Tocchet is doing this. At the same time, players do have off nights, and I thought Kuzmenko overall had been playing much better.

PDG has been awful since October.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Sadly it feels like the writing is on the wall for Kuzmenko, though if we were gonna trade him, why not at the very least try and pump his value up vs potentially moving him while is value is so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad