Post-Game Talk: [GM27] Canucks defeat Wild | 2-0 (Hoglander & Blueger) | DeShutout

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
yeah in two years they'll have:

kaprizov (9m/1y)
boldy (7m/5y)
zuccarello (4.25m/1y)
eriksson ek (5.25m/4y)
foligno (4m/3y)
gaudreau (2.1m/3y)
hartman (4m/2y)
rossi (rfa)

spurgeon (~7.6m/2y)
brodin (6m/3y)
faber (rfa)

gustavsson (3.75m/1y)

they'll have like 40m in cap space for 10 players and they'll fill some of those spots with elcs like ohgren, yurov, peart, lambos and lorenz

honestly if rossi and faber are for real they probably have the best long term (2-5 year) outlook in the league

Dont forget Wallstedt who is putting up solid numbers in the AHL

I still have no idea why Edmonton traded down and didnt draft him?? Blue chip goalie prospect who fell into their lap

• Haha
Reactions: andora

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
"I'm supposed to be going to Lisbon next summer — have never been to Europe before"

@Zombotron

I loved it. Also went to Paris and Barcelona this year, with limited time. Portugal is great.

Stayed in Barrio Alto/Chiado, at Solar Dos Poetos. Very nice clean hotel, above a square where they had outdoor cafes/bars, that seemingly never closed.

Tram 28 to Alfama stops right outside for 3€ (cash).

We were also walking distance to famous monuments, viewpoints, cathedrals, Fado (Tasca do Chico, can have wait times, but it was worth it) and some great restaurants etc.

Cabs are no more than 3€-10€, even if you're traveling for 15+ mins in car.

If you have any questions or anything let me know whenever or until then.

Reactions: Zombotron

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I wanted to say on the pre-grame for this that Canucks were probably going to play in their own end for the whole game, even if they lose 1-0 just for Tochett to get into their heads that they can't give up backchecking just because they did it well at the beginning of the season.

However, Tochett did say at the end of the game they did play bad in the first. However, I still think rope a dope worked. They were always ready to clear the puck in front of DeSmith. Demko is Bubble-Demko until the panic sets in. He did this as the backup to Markstrom when he played too many games but that's no longer an issue. He does this now when he sees one too many rebounds.

Both goalies are trying to defect their shots, instead of the smother them. DeSmith gives them up more than Demko. But the team in front of him was always there for the rebound this night and there was never a 3rd.

Then after the Rope the Wild were too Dopey. Great plan if that's what Rick actually planned and he's being coy.

DeSmith deserved the next game. But that's a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad