Post-Game Talk: [GM2] Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Kuzmenko, Hoglander, Studnicka, & Lafferty) | Ugly but Effective!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
what are you babbling about now , dude?

Truth of the matter is , neither of us are “full of BS” , okay !!?
As you post a bunch of Oiler threads...

You're an oiler fan ..f*** off.

Edit...Not Oiler threads ,but obviously Soucy isnt a a top 4 D..based on salary alone...just over $3M

Last edited:

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Junk sources. (Posts from other HF posters are not legit sources).

I told you* I was referring to “other team fans opinions”

And you read that as well and replied to me about it. Either you’re obnoxious and can’t accept being wrong, or you’re not taking your medication.

Can’t say you’re dumb at all, because everyone is a genius at something. But yeah you’re either obnoxious, or really sleepy

• Haha
Reactions: Sonny A and andora

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I told you* I was referring to “other team fans opinions”

And you read that as well and replied to me about it. Either you’re obnoxious and can’t accept being wrong, or you’re not taking your medication.

Can’t say you’re dumb at all, because everyone is a genius at something. But yeah you’re either obnoxious, or really sleepy
You said this:

"Apparently Soucy is legit top 4 defender". (based on what some random Hab or Oiler HF poster said..who cares)

You could not provide any credible sources...Or back up ,your statement..(nice bunch of half ass insults though..lol:laugh:)

Stop posting garbage.

Last edited:

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
You said this:

"Apparently Soucy is legit top 4 defender".

You could not provide any credible sources...Or back up ,your statement..(nice bunch of half ass insults though..lol:laugh:)
“Just reading posts about him from different team fans over the past year” - me

“Nobody has ever said he's a legit top 4 d man.

Knock it off.” -
your direct reply.

Nice troll job, and I’m disappointed I fell for it.

Reactions: geebaan

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Coming from a fan of a team that sucked and wasted NHL's top draft picks for almost two decades like an intestinal parasitic worm and produced nothing, that's adorable.

With McDavid and Draisaitl both in tow, it should be incredibly easy to obliterate the Orcas or any team, or so you will have us believe. Yet you guys shat the bed against a waiver fodder backup goalie, TWICE.

Now if you want to say something, tell your captain to take his balls out of his purse and man up instead of whining and bitching like a little p***y.
When the Oilers stop confusing McDrai’s personal accomplishments as team accomplishments, they might be capable of building a team that doesn’t get neutered at ES by the Vancouver Canucks.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Ahem...can we get a Pre-Game Thread going?

Why is tomorrows game at 3pm?

I hadn't even got into work yet! bgav made one, though. I usually wait until the day before the game or when the Canucks next practice.

It was 4pm but moved up an hour because of MLB playoffs.

we're play in Philadelphia and the Phillies are playing their playoff game at 5

6pm EST.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
He was plenty harsh on Benning at the end there.

not talking about drance specifically but i feel like almost everybody except i guess iMac was plenty harsh on benning at the end there

but that's the disappointing thing, right? to be wilfully blind to complete and utter stupidity for over half a decade and cheerlead choices that made no sense, and then when it's clear the guy you've been bootlicking has a shelflife that's running out, turn on him like the rat you are

the only guy i clearly remember always saying what he really thought was ferraro. miss that guy

Reactions: Sonny A and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
not talking about drance specifically but i feel like almost everybody except i guess iMac was plenty harsh on benning at the end there

but that's the disappointing thing, right? to be wilfully blind to complete and utter stupidity for over half a decade and cheerlead choices that made no sense, and then when it's clear the guy you've been bootlicking has a shelflife that's running out, turn on him like the rat you are

the only guy i clearly remember always saying what he really thought was ferraro. miss that guy

And Ferraro had the advantage of not being a regional beat writer. He was a national dude that just lived in Vancouver.

Reactions: mossey3535

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
And Ferraro had the advantage of not being a regional beat writer. He was a national dude that just lived in Vancouver.

yeah that's fair. and now that he has skin in the game, he's out.

it does seem silly to hold all these guys to the standards of journalistic integrity and arm's-length autonomy, i'll say. but wouldn't it be nice?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
yeah that's fair. and now that he has skin in the game, he's out.

it does seem silly to hold all these guys to the standards of journalistic integrity and arm's-length autonomy, i'll say. but wouldn't it be nice?

A segway to your discussion, I miss Ferraro's "What's bugging ray", and Fraser's "C'mon ref", plus all the similar columns and segments. TSN's "the Quiz" was fun too but are they still doing it?

Hockey media has become so unbelievably boring. Things are sounding and looking more similar every day.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Had to deal with family stuff and we only sat down to watch about 10 minutes of the last period. Did watch 1.5 periods of the first game.

Yeah, it's a bit rocky out there but I like the signs around the edges. Way less panic because they tend to stick to their structure. One amazing thing is how they OFTEN reject plays at the blueline entry now. They used to just let guys waltz in and from there they would just get stuck in their own zone. Also much better in the neutral zone, they aren't just two guys on an overly aggressive forecheck and behind them a practically empty wide open neutral zone with two defenders just ceding their own blueline.

Generally a lot more sticks on pucks in the first high contacts as the other team gets into the zone and this lets them create turnovers and send it out again. Considering the offence they've been able to generate I can see the team counter attacking more and more effectively as they get used to this style of play.

I don't like all the net front collapses in the last few games but at least they are a bit more controlled compared to Green era - essentially they would just collapse indiscriminately before and the whole group would sort of flop or kneel yet cross ice would still easily go through the pile. Now you see d-men tying guys up and the 2nd/3rd guy digging to clear the puck.

I think this will happen less and less as the season goes on as almost every team struggles to establish defence in the first 5-10 games (see neutral zone section).

All in all I think this is the foundation of a solid team, and definitely any scoring concerns from the preseason seem to have disappeared. Everyone is trying hard now that the season has started so these results are promising.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Had to deal with family stuff and we only sat down to watch about 10 minutes of the last period. Did watch 1.5 periods of the first game.

Yeah, it's a bit rocky out there but I like the signs around the edges. Way less panic because they tend to stick to their structure. One amazing thing is how they OFTEN reject plays at the blueline entry now. They used to just let guys waltz in and from there they would just get stuck in their own zone. Also much better in the neutral zone, they aren't just two guys on an overly aggressive forecheck and behind them a practically empty wide open neutral zone with two defenders just ceding their own blueline.

Generally a lot more sticks on pucks in the first high contacts as the other team gets into the zone and this lets them create turnovers and send it out again. Considering the offence they've been able to generate I can see the team counter attacking more and more effectively as they get used to this style of play.

I don't like all the net front collapses in the last few games but at least they are a bit more controlled compared to Green era - essentially they would just collapse indiscriminately before and the whole group would sort of flop or kneel yet cross ice would still easily go through the pile. Now you see d-men tying guys up and the 2nd/3rd guy digging to clear the puck.

I think this will happen less and less as the season goes on as almost every team struggles to establish defence in the first 5-10 games (see neutral zone section).

All in all I think this is the foundation of a solid team, and definitely any scoring concerns from the preseason seem to have disappeared. Everyone is trying hard now that the season has started so these results are promising.
Hoped you had watched the whole game.

Wanted your opinion on how our goaltending looked. To me it was scrambly as hell.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Hoped you had watched the whole game.

Wanted your opinion on how our goaltending looked. To me it was scrambly as hell.
Yeah, the goaltending was pretty erratic...every save seemed like a desperation save that kicked out a juicy rebound...in the end DeSmith got the job done, but it certainly wasn't a display in composed, positional goaltending.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I am basking in your purely positive post. I don't think I have never seen one without a caveat. Pure love on my end.

When things are good, managements process seems sound? Sure there’s been things I haven’t liked, and maybe we won’t make the playoffs by year end, but for now nothing to even be negative about(except perhaps our 3rd pairing lol)

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

I need to go back and watch some tape but this team reminds me of the 2019-20 Coyotes... not the most skilled but just gritty, tough to play against with hard work along the boards and forechecking. Definitely an identity that the Canucks have lacked in the past few years.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
I need to go back and watch some tape but this team reminds me of the 2019-20 Coyotes... not the most skilled but just gritty, tough to play against with hard work along the boards and forechecking. Definitely an identity that the Canucks have lacked in the past few years.

Idk if that’s a fair comparison when Petey probably has more natural skill and talent than all the combined Yotes teams Tocchet coached.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad