GM thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Don't agree, as of right now Little is still our 2nd best center on this team but now with Little's injury Chevy has to get a good 2nd line center. Tanev and Myers and Charoit got too much money when we were still trying to sign Laine and Connor.

Although many posters won't agree, I think there's a good chance ( 50-50) that Little plays this coming up season, if there is one.

I believe he had quite a serious neck injury, and he came back from that, whereas a lot of players would have packed it in. He's actually a very feisty guy.

Is he good enough still to be the 2nd line center -- I'm not sure ? but he was sure playing great before his injury.

Reactions: Jets 31

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg

Although many posters won't agree, I think there's a good chance ( 50-50) that Little plays this coming up season, if there is one.

I believe he had quite a serious neck injury, and he came back from that, whereas a lot of players would have packed it in. He's actually a very feisty guy.

Is he good enough still to be the 2nd line center -- I'm not sure ? but he was sure playing great before his injury.

I think he plays as well . But I think he comes back a little bit into the season so his cap hit handcuffs us like buffs did all year

Reactions: GumbyCan2

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I also think Chevy was hoping Roslovic would be our 2nd line center by now and i don't think that's going to happen. I was hoping Roslovic would be our 2nd line center by now too.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I wish this place wasn't so bitter all the time. Chevy has work to do this off season, lets wait to see what he does first.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I wish this place wasn't so bitter all the time. Chevy has work to do this off season, lets wait to see what he does first.

Expecting the same results as 90 percent of offseasons isn’t being bitter.

I do agree let’s wait and see, maybe he has pressure on him for the first time

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

I'd love to see him back but after watching his interview, I think he is done.

Reactions: GNP

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I also think Chevy was hoping Roslovic would be our 2nd line center by now and i don't think that's going to happen. I was hoping Roslovic would be our 2nd line center by now too.
he's barely able to put up points as a top 6 winger. if chevy has any hopes of him being a 2C he's a worse pro talent evaluator than i really thought

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Don't agree, as of right now Little is still our 2nd best center on this team but now with Little's injury Chevy has to get a good 2nd line center. Tanev and Myers and Charoit got too much money when we were still trying to sign Laine and Connor.

Never offer a contract you can't move, especially not for a marginal/declining player like Little.
When Chevy chose to extend both him & Blake he committed to tying up most of the cap flexibility at the forward position until Scheifele reaches UFA. Only the unfortunate injury & LTIR can save him from that decision now.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
he's barely able to put up points as a top 6 winger. if chevy has any hopes of him being a 2C he's a worse pro talent evaluator than i really thought

I think the Jets failed to take into account that he had two very good linemates in Matthews and Tkachuk making him look better than he really was.

upload_2020-9-2_10-46-1.png

Reactions: sipowicz and DRW204

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the Jets failed to take into account that he had two very good linemates in Matthews and Tkachuk making him look better than he really was.

View attachment 365422

Roslovic has done well without them. He lead is college team in points as a freshman and scored very well for the Moose.

His calling was that he could play well with talent and at the 25th pick that was a desirable trait especially given the talent at wing we had on the team and in the system.

On the Moose he showed he could perform quite well with talent like Conner and Petan.

Imo give him a shot playing center with Conner and another skilled winger and see what he can do. I think we will be pleasantly surprised. We got a precursor to that with the 2015 line last year where he centered Harkins and Appelton and the line went off.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

View attachment 365422
he got to play with "super-star" patrick laine for 20 games and put up a whopping 2 secondary assists at 5v5 on the wing, somehow ppl think he's going to be a good 2C. it's laughable

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Roslovic has done well without them. He lead is college team in points as a freshman and scored very well for the Moose.

His calling was that he could play well with talent and at the 25th pick that was a desirable trait especially given the talent at wing we had on the team and in the system.

On the Moose he showed he could perform quite well with talent like Conner and Petan.

Imo give him a shot playing center with Conner and another skilled winger and see what he can do. I think we will be pleasantly surprised. We got a precursor to that with the 2015 line last year where he centered Harkins and Appelton and the line went off.

Yeah, we'll see. I just think it's a shame our Euro scouts who convinced the team to start its Finn drafting spree with Niku couldn't pick up on the potential of Sebastian Aho, who went to the Jerks 10 picks after Roslo.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I love seeing everyone wasting their time on how many big trades we might make. Let’s get real here. Couple bottom pairing d men and signing our own rfas will be a huge offseason for Chevy.. and it’s the most likely one

Busy for Chevy tendencies, that's for sure. He missed most of cottage season so he is hibernating now.

Reactions: sipowicz

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
How much cap space did this team have to start the year? Nevertheless somehow teams are unearthing gems via trade for cheap (Marino, Schultz and petry come to mind) yet Chevy is spending his time signing sbisa, bitetto, and dahlstrom. Neither trouba, chiarot and myers were surprise departures, unfortunately our gm did 0 to mitigate their loss. It's comical people try to make an excuse for Chevy.
Actually not that "funny". This is our 2nd kick at the NHL/ Stanley Cup prize for a local team, and...laughing at a misguided mediocre GM/ org brass decisions that leave us "empty" again doesn't bode to much future happiness. I get it that people allowing for excuses is the comical part. A wake up by all is in order soon.
Or, except disappointment and mediocrity endings while hoping to have some enjoyable "rides" along the way.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Trouba is one outlier example. He was going to do that to any Canadian team, and 75% of American teams.
There's no magic fix when your $7.6 dollar #1 d-man decides overnight that he doesn't want to play anymore.
Judging Chevy on those two situations are unreasonable.

Valid in the outcome for sure. Just think if Pietrangelo walked on/ held out on St. Louis last season. Where would they have finished out, be now?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Actually not that "funny". This is our 2nd kick at the NHL/ Stanley Cup prize for a local team, and...laughing at a misguided mediocre GM/ org brass decisions that leave us "empty" again doesn't bode to much future happiness. I get it that people allowing for excuses is the comical part. A wake up by all is in order soon.
Or, except disappointment and mediocrity endings while hoping to have some enjoyable "rides" along the way.
Thanks

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016

Yeah wasn't he leading the AHL in points when he got called up originally? There was plenty of reason to have hope.

Something stinks in the Jets development of centres. Not sure drafting one at 10 makes any sense if there's a massive chance of him turning into a middle 6 winger at the NHL level.

Reactions: rkp

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I think he plays as well . But I think he comes back a little bit into the season so his cap hit handcuffs us like buffs did all year
Therefore, Jets are hand-cuffed by Little's situation and contract he was given by...Chevy! If he doesn't return, but does not retire properly, before season start, his contract is on the books. If he comes back and cannot contribute a 100% still have his contract and his roster spot but No 2C bring productive!
Equation = Hand-cuffed by his contract/situation.
Writing is on the wall, and has been there for 24 months pretty much, to replace Bryan Little's 2C spot!
C'mon Chevy. Do something!

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Therefore, Jets are hand-cuffed by Little's situation and contract he was given by...Chevy! If he doesn't return, but does not retire properly, before season start, his contract is on the books. If he comes back and cannot contribute a 100% still have his contract and his roster spot but No 2C bring productive!
Equation = Hand-cuffed by his contract/situation.
Writing is on the wall, and has been there for 24 months pretty much, to replace Bryan Little's 2C spot!
C'mon Chevy. Do something!

It's a process, meanwhile other NHL clubs below us in the standings have leapfrogged the Jets (Canucks, FLames, Jackets, Canes...) and will be playoff contenders for years to come, Jets just still a bubble team nine seasons in!

Reactions: rkp

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah wasn't he leading the AHL in points when he got called up originally? There was plenty of reason to have hope.

Something stinks in the Jets development of centres. Not sure drafting one at 10 makes any sense if there's a massive chance of him turning into a middle 6 winger at the NHL level.

I agree, they seem hell bent on having them convert to wing until Maurice deems them good enough defensively before he moves them back.

I haven't been that impressed how they have groomed their C's.

Harkins was also top 3 in AHL scoring playing C and never took a shift at center this year for us.

I would like to be emulating Tampa. They have no issue pitting young natural C's at center like Poont, Cirelli and letting them develop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad