GM thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Do the Islanders also hate the Jets? Disappointing, Chevy. He won't trade a 2nd-4th round pick for defense and people think he'd trade Laine or Ehlers?

Unless every single one of these players has a no trade list with Winnipeg on it.

Reactions: Tepponumminen27

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Chevy needs to trade roslovic and either a pick or prospect to acquire dumba from Minnesota.

I wish he would trade wheeler but we are basically stuck with him.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Chevy needs to trade roslovic and either a pick or prospect to acquire dumba from Minnesota.

I wish he would trade wheeler but we are basically stuck with him.

I don't think we could cap space wise. Dumba would cost a lot more than Jack. So who else do we move out? If Frenchie was easily moveable he's be gone by now.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
I don't think we could cap space wise. Dumba would cost a lot more than Jack. So who else do we move out? If Frenchie was easily moveable he's be gone by now.

Pionk can go. We can't afford him beyond next season + upgrade the blueline. I'd hate to see us stuck paying him.

If we can't upgrade his role on PP1 via trade I'd be tempted to ice 5 forwards on that unit next season. It's the only way Ehlers gets the chance to play up there. Wheeler's not going to swallow his pride and sub off anytime soon.

Last edited:

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
No need for Pionk if we upgrade him on pp1. If we can't find one via trade I'd be tempted to ice 5 forwards on that unit next season. It's the only way Ehlers gets the chance to play up there. Wheeler's not going to swallow his pride and sub off anytime soon.

Ehlers not seeing PP1 time regardless. Statsny just pushed him down the hierarchy.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Wonder if there would be a move to swap Pionk for a to 4 LHD instead and just sign harmonic to a similar deal. He can’t be asking much and could be a good supporting partner to Samberg. Would be some cost certainty to it and give us a boost on PK.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Chevy’s off season work to date

the good: re-signed De Melo, lost Eakin, Dullstrom and a potato

meh: signed Stats which did more for LV by freeing cap space

the bad: signed Thompson, 4bot, Tony-mato, no improvement in D, no legit 2C (sorry but an aging 35 year old should never be your 2C)

Sounds like a C grade!

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Winnipeg's biggest issue is the coach, but the gm can't figure it out then it's on the gm. The thing is tho if true north can get a better coach in the org I think Chevy and whomever could be really good. Chevy seems to know what he's doing, but im also sure he takes his coaches word for ideas too

Last edited:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Winnipeg's biggest issue is the coach, but the gm can't figure it out then it's on the gm. The thing is tho if true north can get a better coach in the org I think Chevy and whomever could be really good. Chevy seems to know what he's doing, but im also sure he takes his coaches word for ideas too

Well he’s let Maurice keep Lowry on the third line making our fourth line useless for how many years now??

He must have absolute faith In Maurice, it’s hurt development of many players. Any top 6 talent either has to play a shut down role or 5 min A night on a checking fourth line

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Unfortunately their combined value isnt really worth much

Teams are giving up decent players for picks alone.
These 3 players have value.

Schmidt was got from vegas for a 3rd round pick by vancouver.

Our defense still sucks.
At least replace buff with a dumba or hamonic not ahl scrubs.

Last edited:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Send roslovic back to columbus.

Perreault is pretty much done in winnipeg and he is making too much.
Dump his salary on someone else.

No one wants Perrault to play on their team. Let alone pay him 4 mil.

roslo might get us a young dman in need of new scenery. But not much more

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No one wants Perrault to play on their team. Let alone pay him 4 mil.

roslo might get us a young dman in need of new scenery. But not much more

Vegas has a gm with balls that wants to fix their problems and win now.
A team that has been around less than 5 years is more competitive than our team which is sad.

It is time to fix our problems
Our defense is still trash.

I am only suggesting move these players.
I would really like to see wheeler traded and we go in a different direction with different leadership.
Anyone on this team not named scheifele, laine. connor, ehlers or hellebuyck can be moved in my opinion.

Last edited:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Vegas has a gm with balls that wants to fix their problems and win now.
A team that has been around less than 5 years is more competitive than our team which is sad.

It is time to fix our problems
Our defense is still trash.

I am only suggesting move these players.
I would really like to see wheeler traded and we go in a different direction with different leadership.
Anyone on this team not named scheifele, laine. connor, ehlers or hellebuyck can be moved in my opinion.

I think you have good points. But wheeler isn’t going anywhere, Maurice will be here until wheelers contract is up or longer and so will chevy .

we have traded for the same player twice, same goalie coach and assistants, same powerplay, same penalty kill, same Systems in general.same first line ( no injuries ) same third line center no matter what, I can go on and on we don’t change things very often here, we keep doing the same thing over and over until it hopefully works.

Reactions: Tepponumminen27

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Teams have us figured out because we do the exact same things over and over and expect different results.

This team fears change and is too loyal to the point that it is a liability.

You can't win a stanley cup with this type of leadership and a gm that sits on his hands when it is time for change.

Change would mean that they admit what they are doing isn’t working. As long as things stay exactly the same it’s a process and jobs are safe

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Send roslovic back to columbus.

Perreault is pretty much done in winnipeg and he is making too much.
Dump his salary on someone else.

No point in moving him unless you need the cap space. Still decent depth. Besides, we have a good defenseman just waiting to make his debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad