Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Those are easy words to say- can you give an example of what type of package you think would have acquired a specific player that benefited this team ? keep in mind this team had Pinto and White they were hoping would get valuable developmental time.

Most of these guys like Henrique can be flipped at the deadline for a late 1RD pick or better so I’d say that’s the start of the ask.

We have the Dvorak deal and the Dubois deal as recent examples.
Off the top of my head there were reports the Flames were looking to move on from Sean Monahan. I think he would have been a great fit and prob could of been had for a package like Tierny, a 2nd, a 3rd and Jarvente or Kleven.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You don’t know what the ask was - your speculating it was a 2ND or whatever and using that to justify slamming the manager.

If it was from being waived to asking for a 1st or top prospect within a couple months I don't know what to tell you. Also, this is not just Henrique it's a series of decisions and indecisions.

My worry is not all that's transpired, yes it was garbage but not really crushing. The fear is the upcoming offseason. This upcoming offseason is absolutely CRUCIAL we obtain a top 4 D for Sanderson/Chabot and we sign a top 6 forward or two, especially with the money coming off the books(yes im aware Norris needs extension).

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Off the top of my head there were reports the Flames were looking to move on from Sean Monahan. I think he would have been a great fit and prob could of been had for a package like Tierny, a 2nd, a 3rd and Jarvente or Kleven.

Prob not and no thanks. The flames aren’t trading Monohan for a package of B prospects and a $4 million CT. This notion that we could throw some garbage at any team and take their 2C is rediculous.

Dubois cost a 3OA - we have those … Dvorak cost a 1RD pick plus ++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad