Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
do you consider Phil Kessel to have an edge? What about Spezza? He lead the Sens in scoring when we went to the cup in 07. I guess it all comes down to a personal definition.

To be fair, Spezza, Heatley and Alfie all had 22 points that playoff run. Kessel's edege to me is he played with a killer instinct, dude almost scored at will and deserve one of Crosby's Conn Smythe's. I think with Kuznetsov was he was quietly a #1C for the Caps and put up enough points to be considered that 'guy' for the Caps.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
To be fair, Spezza, Heatley and Alfie all had 22 points that playoff run. Kessel's edege to me is he played with a killer instinct, dude almost scored at will and deserve one of Crosby's Conn Smythe's. I think with Kuznetsov was he was quietly a #1C for the Caps and put up enough points to be considered that 'guy' for the Caps.

im just saying you can make an argument for anyone really. Its just a meaningless word thrown around thats impossible to measure. Every pro athlete has some sort of edge. Its what got them so far.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
do you consider Phil Kessel to have an edge? What about Spezza? He lead the Sens in scoring when we went to the cup in 07. I guess it all comes down to a personal definition.

They were no Alfies and were prone to floating on talent but they have enough of an edge that I would gladly take them on my playoff team. Kuznetsov was making it look like it was too easy and Kessel was consistently electrifying in his run. Even Spezza had moments where he imposed his will.

I wonder what Dorion makes of players like that? Drafting Boucher #10 overall makes me think they are anti-Spezza, Kuz, Kessel types. Which is a shame imo.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I have a idea but this thread is ready to close. This team is lacking some serious calming presence. Is time we invest in our management and scouting. PM and PD are not enough.

More to come

Stay tuned....

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Dorion has assembled an absolute albatross of a team.

I warned everyone that no significant additions means the boys will be overwhelmed.

Let me hear about bullshit patience. No rebuild ever won off the merits of just drafting.

You know its brutal when we find a new top 4 piece in Thomson and the defense is still trash. Im fed up.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Not sure how anyone can defend Dorion at this point

We're going to slowly turn to Buffalo.

Just abysmal. Change needs to happen ASAP. I have no idea how you see this team finish strong last season and think that bringing in MDZ is the solution without touching the C position at all.

What a joke he is.

Here comes Ice-tray to tell me that the financial situation of the team is a reality and my mental health need not be affected by stuff Dorion cant control.

Ya, like our backup making 6.25 million and MDZ making 2 million to be healthy scratch. Abysmal.

Reactions: Alex1234 and branch

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Just abysmal. Change needs to happen ASAP. I have no idea how you see this team finish strong last season and think that bringing in MDZ is the solution without touching the C position at all.

What a joke he is.

Here comes Ice-tray to tell me that the financial situation of the team is a reality and my mental health need not be affected by stuff Dorion cant control.

Ya, like our backup making 6.25 million and MDZ making 2 million to be healthy scratch. Abysmal.

Are you saying we should have acted like MTL ? Sign $15 million of best proven pro forwards and trade our 1RD pick for a “the top available 2C” ?

Montreal acquired Toffoli, Anderson, Hoffman, Dvorak etc etc and it hasn’t helped. We would never be able to acquire players that strong, and they aren’t strong enough.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

What a joke he is.

I’m all for replacing Dorion but who can you get for 500-750K. McGuire would assume the role if Dorion was fired. Dorion had to move Dadonov to bring in Holden, MDZ and Sanford . This team is screwed until more money is allocated.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’m all for replacing Dorion but who can you get for 500-750K. McGuire would assume the role if Dorion was fired. Dorion had to move Dadonov to bring in Holden, MDZ and Sanford . This team is screwed until more money is allocated.

Melynk says expenses are tied to revenue - at least at this rate I can’t see Norris taking too much.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020

What a joke he is.

slowly turn to Buffalo????

We are there and may be worse. Check out our last 10 years and theirs...yes, around the tank for what they assumed would be McDavid was bad, but other than that, they have been better.

If I had my way
I'd shuffle off to Buffalo
Sit by the lake
And watch the world go by

John Fogerty, 1985 Rock and Roll Girl

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think PD’s done a good job. He’s resisted sacrificing any of our top picks to acquire “Dvorak” type solutions.

Imagine he had trade 2022 1RD or Greig + a 2ND for a stop gap 2C like Henrique.

we are talent poor, riddled with injuries but we aren’t tied down financially with out limited resources going forward.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Leave it to Pierre the Brain to assemble another 90’s tier expansion team :laugh:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Yep. We've been bargain bin shopping for coaches since Murray was promoted to GM.

GM position is no different, that's why Dorion has the job.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Posting here because I can’t post in the most relevant thread. Hasn’t the Melnyk thread been closed before to poor effect? The topic just spreads to other threads. I’m aware I’m contributing to the problem here, but… we’re making the same mistakes. This is preventable.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Posting here because I can’t post in the most relevant thread. Hasn’t the Melnyk thread been closed before to poor effect? The topic just spreads to other threads. I’m aware I’m contributing to the problem here, but… we’re making the same mistakes. This is preventable.
It's groundhog day. Lessons can be learned year after year, but repeated over and over again.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I think PD’s done a good job. He’s resisted sacrificing any of our top picks to acquire “Dvorak” type solutions.

Imagine he had trade 2022 1RD or Greig + a 2ND for a stop gap 2C like Henrique.

we are talent poor, riddled with injuries but we aren’t tied down financially with out limited resources going forward.
He wouldn’t have had to include the 2022 1RD to acquire a veteran 2C. He could have put a package together that makes sense for the team long term.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He wouldn’t have had to include the 2022 1RD to acquire a veteran 2C. He could have put a package together that makes sense for the team long term.

Those are easy words to say- can you give an example of what type of package you think would have acquired a specific player that benefited this team ? keep in mind this team had Pinto and White they were hoping would get valuable developmental time.

Most of these guys like Henrique can be flipped at the deadline for a late 1RD pick or better so I’d say that’s the start of the ask.

We have the Dvorak deal and the Dubois deal as recent examples.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Most of these guys like Henrique can be flipped at the deadline for a late 1RD pick or better so I’d say that’s the start of the ask.

You do realize Henrique was waved last year right.

Waved. You're telling me a bit of retention results into our best forward prospect + a 2nd round pick? What.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You do realize Henrique was waved last year right.

Waved. You're telling me a bit of retention results into our best forward prospect + a 2nd round pick? What.

Yes - I’m also aware he’s wasn’t waived this year and isn’t available for free (or a 2ND).

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yes - I’m also aware he’s wasn’t waived this year and isn’t available for free (or a 2ND).

Ofc not. There's no way we getting Henrique this year. That ship sailed in the off-season. We are stuck with what we have now.

Dorion had opportunity to bounce when we were rumoured to him and his value was still half of what it is now but my guy is dumb dumb.

We could have literally used Henrique for his defensive and face-off game alone while the other guys face easier competition. Just insane the incompetence it must have took not to go after something that was so clearly the right thing to do.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Murray White MDZ etc all those plugs signed to bad contract

Problem is not money its what you do with it
Dorion does shit
Every year lol

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Ofc not. There's no way we getting Henrique this year. That ship sailed in the off-season. We are stuck with what we have now.

Dorion had opportunity to bounce when we were rumoured to him and his value was still half of what it is now but my guy is dumb dumb.

You don’t know what the ask was - your speculating it was a 2ND or whatever and using that to justify slamming the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad