GM Game by Backlund, JumpierPegasus & dhabs98 - Discussion

Jul 10, 2010
:wild

Koivu stripped of C; Awarded to Burns

Minnesota Wild GM Backlund announced earlier today that Mikko Koivu will not be the captain for next season. Koivu instead be named assistant captain.

"Mikko is a great player but we felt that Brent was more of a leader on the team and felt that he should be given the C" said GM Backlund

When asked how he felt Mikko had this to say;

"I'm disappointed, but I have to agree with the GM. As much as I want to be captain, Brent deserves it more and I will be happy to be an assistant captain.

Martin Havlat has also been named the other assistant.

Backlund also stated that he is going to make some big moves over the next couple of days.

"I got the bottom 6, bottom defensive pairing and our starting goalie but we still need to sign some players. We are currently waiting on the reply from a certain defenseman who has shown interested in joining the Wild. We also plan to bring in 2 LWers and 2 more defenseman."

Captain in this game, On my team next game :p:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
[FIELDSET="mock commentary from locals regarding the signing rumors"]

"I dun herd bayout dem slippery suns a *****es on de tee vee....ya...unmm....I dun watched that moooovee befoar, .....bout unmmm, bout the world get freezin over...figger if we gots dem **** with slippery-skates on 'em den maybe we can glide me away to safe tee..."
[/FIELDSET]

Last edited:

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Captain in this game, On my team next game :p:

I will manage to get him again. :p:

I dun herd bayout dem slippery suns a *****es on de tee vee....ya...unmm....I dun watched that moooovee befoar, .....bout unmmm, bout the world get freezin over...figger if we gots dem **** with slippery-skates on 'em den maybe we can glide me away to safe tee...
[/FIELDSET]

:laugh: wtf

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC

"I dun herd bayout dem slippery suns a *****es on de tee vee....ya...unmm....I dun watched that moooovee befoar, .....bout unmmm, bout the world get freezin over...figger if we gots dem **** with slippery-skates on 'em den maybe we can glide me away to safe tee..."
[/FIELDSET]

What is this I don't even...

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
mock commentary from locals regarding the signing rumors

What is this I don't even...

A Nashville fan when asked about Steven Stamkos?

Jul 10, 2010
Good young powerforward is available in Charlie Coyle. Asking for a top 6 player, or a Top 4 dman in return. Willwing to add to Coyle to get more

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011
Columbus HAS A PRESS CONFERENCE TONIGHT SURROUNDING BRAD RICHARDS and another ufa signing.

please note it does not say the signing of Brad.

johnnydollaz89*

The :sens are very pleased to announce they have signed a top pairing Defensemen for Erik Karlsson in Jonathan Ericsson

He signed a contract tonight to come to Ottawa at 4 years at 4.25M per year

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011
The :sens are very pleased to announce they have signed a top pairing Defensemen for Erik Karlsson in Jonathan Ericsson

He signed a contract tonight to come to Ottawa at 4 years at 4.25M per year

Can you say Brett Lebda 2.0 He was just playing in Detroit made him look fantastic.

Eight of Spades

May 20, 2011
JP... Are you getting my PMs? I don't see offers for players I sent it. Just curious, don't wanna be shut out of the market.

As well... A trade announcement should be coming out shortly.

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011
:coyotes
Fedor Tyutin

:cbj
Rostislav Klesla
Nick Ross

Klesla effectively replaces Tyutin and Ross adds to our prospect base, good deal for the CBJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad