GM Game #8: Seattle Expansion Edition by OB5 and SJSharks39

Expansion draft before or after UFA

• Total voters

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Should you maybe start offering 2nd teams ?
Or...

i could take Vegas instead of Washington, ted can GM a team in another division and... simply declare the Metropolitan division a no-trade division and have no one GM it (or one guy gm the entire gm for sake of expansion protection lists)

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Or...

i could take Vegas instead of Washington, ted can GM a team in another division and... simply declare the Metropolitan division a no-trade division and have no one GM it (or one guy gm the entire gm for sake of expansion protection lists)

I'd prefer to take 2nd teams TBH.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Are we allowed to announce placing players on waivers for the purpose of a buyout?

OB5

May 2, 2015
Are we allowed to announce placing players on waivers for the purpose of a buyout?
Let me create the game thread, we’ll get started a bit later this morning. Want more teams filled

Reactions: hi

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Let me create the game thread, we’ll get started a bit later this morning. Want more teams filled

Sounds good :thumbu:

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the chance before free agency started

OB5

May 2, 2015
Seven spots remain. Let's get a couple more doubles and we can get going.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:nucks are competing, all futures are available.

:pens are rebuilding, everyone including Crosby are available.

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
:sensTrade Block:
Ryan
Boedker
Z.Smith
Ceci
DeMelo
Borowiecki
Anderson
Condon
Also willing to move: Pageau/Tierney/Lajoie/Duclair

Willing to take on cap dumps as well

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:leafs are looking to shake things up. Don't bother asking about Matthews, Marner, Reilly or Andersen. Anyone else, fair game.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Commissioner Note:

We will be having a trading/UFA period to start the game up until the expansion draft. We will have an expansion draft thread and your teams must comply with those rules.

No set date yet but just keep the expansion draft in mind while signing and trading.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Trade to kick of the game:

:edmonton

RFA rights to Artturi Lehkonen

:habs

Kris Russell
2020 2nd round pick

We are sad to see such a heart and sould player in Kris Russell leave, but we acquire a solid finnish winger who we hope can spark Jesse Puljujarvi, and we shed cap in the process. Plus with the emergence of young defensive prospects like Bouchard, Jones, Bear, and Samorukov, we no longer have room for Russell.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
For the expansion, are we going based off of today's eligibility(example OJ is exempt) or eligibility at the time of the actual expansion(OJ isn't exempt)

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:stars

Looking to making a change of scenery type trade with Nichushkin/Honka.

:canes

Shopping Justin Faulk. MAYBE Pesce can be talked about instead. Also have other young depth forward options (Wallmark, Foegele, McGinn) and all futures OTB. Looking for a good top-9 RW.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Trade to kick of the game:

:edmonton

RFA rights to Artturi Lehkonen

:habs

Kris Russell
2020 2nd round pick

We are sad to see such a heart and sould player in Kris Russell leave, but we acquire a solid finnish winger who we hope can spark Jesse Puljujarvi, and we shed cap in the process. Plus with the emergence of young defensive prospects like Bouchard, Jones, Bear, and Samorukov, we no longer have room for Russell.
Invalid until MTL posts and updates roster.

Reactions: OB5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad