GM Game #6 by TP, RR, and IR

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Yeah it's slow out there.

It puts a damper on some of the festivities for sure, but it's following the script. It does die down around Free Agency though.

I've been toying with the notion of disallowing re-signing of FA's before the free agency period starts entirely. May be something worth discussion.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I've been toying with the notion of disallowing re-signing of FA's before the free agency period starts entirely. May be something worth discussion.

It would be a different type of game for sure. One way or another, when it comes to UFA to be, you have the choice between fantasy and realism.

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
People just throw around money too easy. How is Ryane Clowe going to make it to FA when he is offered a 5 year 25 million dollar contract?

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I'll respond to all of the offers I've received for my clients tomorrow morning and players will sign shortly thereafter.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It's worth a shot... but if you do it the agents need to be vets and prepared.

You hit FA and every big name is going to get 6M+ tossed at them from cap floor teams. Ideally if you make everyone go to FA there is a higher sense of realism.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Western Goaltenders Update
Mike Smith - 1 offer from a team, Smith would like to start, or atleast be in a 1a/b tandem.
Ray Emery - has an offer to be a #1 goaltender for a playoff team. Will sign tonight if no offers come in that are in the same ballpark.
Tomas Greiss - Has an offer to be a backup, still fielding offers.
Christopher Nihlstorp - See above
Nik Khabibulin - No offers, considering retirement.

Jason Labarbera - Signed FLA Panthers 3 years 3M
Chad Johnson - Signed PHX Coyotes 1 year 700k
Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers - Signed MTL Canadiens 1 year 600k (2-way, AHL Salary 200k)

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
Many Western Forwards have signed this evening. Here is a list of those that signed.

Team that signed the UFA | Player | years | Cap Hit | NTC or NMC

:habs| Jagr |1 YR| 4.55M| full NMC
:coyotes| Perry | 7 YRs| $12.86M| NMC
:coyotes| Kyle Chipchura| 2 YRs| $800K |
:coyotes| Raffi Torres | 2 YRs|, $1.9M |
:coyotes| Boyd Gordon| 2 YRs| $1.7M |
:coyotes| Andy McDonald| 2 YRs|, $3M per ($2.25M in salary, $750K bonus for playing a minimum of 60 games) |
:leafs | Dustin Penner| 3 YRs| $3.3M |
:leafs | Viktor Stalberg| 3 YRs| at $2.6M |
:blues| Bickell | 3 YRs| $2.5M|
:wild| Brendan Morrow | 1 YRs| $2.3M |
:wild| Maxime Lappiere |1 YRs| 1.2 m |

Last edited:

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Many Western Forwards have signed this evening. Here is a list of those that signed.

Team that signed the UFA | Player | years | Cap Hit | NTC or NMC

:habs| Jagr |1 YR| 4.55M| full NMC
:ducks| Selanne| 1 YR | 1.5M| Full NTC
:coyotes| Perry | 7 YRs| $12.86M| NMC
:coyotes| Kyle Chipchura| 2 YRs| $800K |
:coyotes| Raffi Torres | 2 YRs|, $1.9M |
:coyotes| Boyd Gordon| 2 YRs| $1.7M |
:coyotes| Andy McDonald| 2 YRs|, $3M per ($2.25M in salary, $750K bonus for playing a minimum of 60 games) |
:leafs | Dustin Penner| 3 YRs| $3.3M |
:leafs | Viktor Stalberg| 3 YRs| at $2.6M |
:blues| Bickell | 3 YRs| $2.5M|
:wild| Brendan Morrow | 1 YRs| $2.3M |
:wild| Maxime Lappiere |1 YRs| 1.2 m |

Did you sign Selanne to your own team... and at 1.5M?

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012

Yes. Got the ok from a commissioner to enter negotiations with him since I am the agent for the west. Since he has repeatedly said in real life he is only going back to the Ducks or Retirement. Selanne in the past has taken a cut for the Ducks ,when they have been under cap strains. Plus he has said in interviews money doesn't mean as much to him anymore.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

He first sent him a 4.5M$ offer at the trade deadline, changed it to 2.5M$ at the end of the season and now sign him at 1.5M$...

I was planning to tell Selanne agent about the situation but since WK was the WC agent, I was under the impression that he wouldn't try to sign him.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Yes. Got the ok from a commissioner to enter negotiations with him since I am the agent for the west. Since he has repeatedly said in real life he is only going back to the Ducks or Retirement. Selanne in the past has taken a cut for the Ducks ,when they have been under cap strains. Plus he has said in interviews money doesn't mean as much to him anymore.

You're talking about real life but there is no way he would take a hometown discount considering what happened in this game with the contract negotiations.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ

We have a miscommunication here. You can negotiate for Selanne but it has to be with another agent.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Eastern Conference Defensemen will start signing tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad