GM Game #6 by Ktown, RR, and IR4

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Haha Richards took LESS money to sign with Florida instead of playing with Bobby Ryan on a team with Getzlaf, Perry, Hiller, Visnovsky, Fowler in California... this game hasn't been any good to me. Nothing worked...

:ducks

Joffrey Lupul is available for a prospect or pick

cozandeffect

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
I don't normally do this....but....

It's not about 2011-12, its an 8 YEAR CONTRACT. You seen Florida's future Top 6?

Gagne-Richards-Landeskog
Couturier-B.Schenn-Olesz/Repik/future UFA

This, plus they have Kulikov, Gudbranson and Despres coming up on D, and a future #1 in Markstro who could be almost ready now. This is a sick looking team, and frankly i felt Gagne and Richards are a great fit together (their styles mesh..and they've played for Team Canada before, and i swear they were on the same line in at least one tourney. 2003 maybe?), and having played in TB so long it's a familiar climate...some ppl like not shovelling all this **** snow (I know i would)

Now, i could see a couple other teams having a legit frustration over not getting Richards, but NYR??? Playing with a plethora of young stars vs Marian "Goes on the IR tying his shoes" Gaborik? What if he falters in his later years, will he get the same lynching from Ranger fans/media that Rozi and Redden are getting?? But the main reason is you kept low-balling him the whole way thru, offering the exact minimum to stay in contention while trying to sell that NYR was a 'legit contender' (of which there were better ones offering). Florida actually wanted him.

But everyone sees things their own way I guess. Suffice to say the joke would have been Brad taking a bite out of the Big Apple :laugh:

EDIT: Also i've cleared my Inbox. A couple guys might sign today but tonight should be another wave of them. Don't delay!

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Dubinsky, Stepan, Kreider, MDZ, McDonagh, Staal, Lundqvist, MZA, Wolski, Callahan and whatever other prospects you want to name were chopped liver.

I lowballed because I was having trouble finding the cap space. So now you're punishing me for being able to find it? :shakehead 10M is not a lowball offer.

Maybe I should have mentioned Richards supreme comfort level with Torts, but that probably wouldn't have made a difference based on how sick Florida is going to be in 3 years. :sarcasm:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:flames

The Flames have acquired Dave Steckel from the Washington Capitals in exchange for a 2012 4th round draft pick.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Are you serious? RIOT!!!!!!! Down with T_Cage!

258Troll_spray.jpg

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
FA UPDATE

I'm going out for supper. I'll update the running list and some will sign when i return later (and a few more will sign later tonight. Those who have been sitting on offers are starting to give a little). I'm gonna start highlighting some of the mid to lower tier ghuys you might have missed, hoping interest will pick up :)

Leino and Williams aren't taking anymore bids. It's gonna be a tough call on both guys so i gotta stew on it for a couple hrs...

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:kings

On the block:
Andrei Loktionov
Oscar Moller
Vyacheslav Voynov
Martin Jones

Looking for:
Top-6 winger (making $3.75 mil or less)

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island

:isles

Thomas Vanek - John Tavares - Jussi Jokinen
Matt Moulson - Antoine Vermette - Kyle Okposo
Michael Grabner - Frans Nielsen - Josh Bailey
Matt Martin - Zenon Konopka - Blake Comeau

Mark Streit - Andrew MacDonald
Tomas Kaberle - Travis Hamonic
Milan Jurcina - Mark Eaton
Mike Mottau

Antti Niemi
Rick DiPietro

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
FA UPDATE

Top 6ers
Tim Connolly- 3 Offers WILL SIGN WITHIN 24H, so please send final offers/pitches
Leino- SIGNED
Justin Williams- SIGNED
Alex Tanguay- 2 Offers in the 3-3.5M ballpark. WILL SIGN WITHIN 24H, so make final pitches now
Michael Ryder- No Offers. Hoping interest will pick up with 'big names' off the board
Marco Strum- SIGNED
Erik Cole- 1 Offer at low-money. Considerng it but also hoping for more interest
Alex Ponikarovsky- No Offers. Considering Europe
Alex Frolov- 1 Offer. Considering it but also looking to Russia
Nik Zherdev- 1 Offer. See Above
Radim Vrbata- No Offers. Negotiating with the KHL but still looking for interest in N.A
Scottie Upshall- 3 Offers. WILL SIGN WITHIN 24H

Top 6/Top 9er and Veteran Scorers
Teemu Selanne- 1 Offer, May accept it or keep looking
Mark Recchi SIGNED
Tomas Kopecky- 2 Offers at 1M+, stll shopping but will sign soon
Cory Stillman
Michal Handzus-
Steve Sullivan-
Jason Arnott-
Jaime Langenbrunner- 1 Offer
Vinny Prospal
Mike Nylander

Bottom 6ers and Veteran NHLers
Todd Marchant- 1 Low offer, but on a good team.
Fred Modin- 1 Offer
Ben Eager
Mike Grier
Rob Neidermeer
Brendan Morrison- SIGNED
Curtis Glencross- 3 Offers, May have decided on a team
Samsonov
Chad LaRose- 2 Offers, 2M is the going rate
Pisani
Chris Clark
Mike Modano
Kris Draper
Patrick Eaves
Chris Higgins
Marty Reasoner- SIGNED
Chuck Kobesew
Antti Meittenen- 1 low offer. Considering Europe.
Jeff Halpern 1 Offer close to 1M
Marcel Goc- SIGNED
Ruslan Fedonenko- 1 Offer
Jarkko Ruutu- 1 low offer, biut on a good team WILL SIGN SOON
Eric Belanger- Offer around 1M, WILL SIGN SOON
Max Talbot- SIGNED
Pascal Dupuis
Sean Bergenheim- 2 Offers @ 1M+. WILL SIGN SOON
Raffi Torres-
Jeff Tambellini- 1 OFfer close to 1M WILL SIGN SOON

Many others looking for NHL deals. Some may consider 2Ways or AHL deals. The guys sitting with no offers are starting to lower their expectations and explore other options

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad