GM Game #6 by Ktown, RR, and IR4

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i haven't even heard back on any offers. For some reason this game just isn't working out for me this time :laugh:

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
:flames

The Calgary Flames announced today that the club has acquired Milan Michalek and Jim O'Brien from the Ottawa Senators, in exchange for defenseman Mark Giordano.

"Milan will be an excellent addition to our top-six, he has lots of speed and can be used in any situation. Jim had a good bounce-back year in Binghamton, and will challenge for our fourth line centre spot."

"Mark only became expendable after we drafted Adam (Larsson) and acquired Brent (Seabrook). We wish Mark all the best in Ottawa."

:sens Confirm

cozandeffect

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Richards to Florida is the biggest joke ever. He signed for 500k more? No way he does that. Him and Gagne do not make that team competitive yet.

And inb4flame saying "UMAD BRO?" because yeah I am.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Richards to Florida is the biggest joke ever. He signed for 500k more? No way he does that. Him and Gagne do not make that team competitive yet.

:laugh:

It is funny how all the best free agents are going to me and Florida.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Hm. I'm partial to agree. Although the way you're handling it probably isn't the best ideology.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dairy Queen>>>KFC. Just sayin'.

The only Dairy Queen around my house doesn't have food just ice cream (And the other location around my house also doesn't have food and is seasonal)

I haven't eaten a Cheeseburger from Dairy Queen since 2002 when the one a mile from my house closed

I'm getting Wendy's.

Wendys > KFC and Dairy Queen.

Wendy's blows

pizzaone.jpg

Giordano's Pizza >>>>>>> Wendy's/KFC/Dairy Queen

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Updating my clients

Paul Mara
Andreas Lilja
Brent Sopel
Freddy Meyer
Jaime Sifers
Noah Welch
Mike Siklenka
Mark Stuart
Craig Rivet
Steve Montador
Steve Staios
Anton Babchuk
Adam Pardy
Stephan Kronwall
Ian White (Has 1 offer)
Bryan Rodney
Jay Harrison
Jordan Hendry
Jason Cullimore
Nick Boynton
Adam Foote
Jan Hejda
Nate Guenin
Brad Lukowich
Jeff Woywitka
Niklas Lidstrom (Will sign tommorrow)
Ruslan Salei
Jonathan Ericsson
Derek Meech
Jason Strudwick
Bryan McCabe
Joe Callahan
Clay Wilson
Peter Harrold
Drew Bagnall
Roman Hamrlik (close to signing)
James Wisniewski (close to signing)
Shane O'Brien
A. Sulzer
Aaron Johnson
Brett Palin
Rob Davison
Radek Martinek
Milan Jurcina
Steve Eminger
David Hale
Andre Benoit
Sean O'Donnell
Corey Potter
Andrew Hutchinson
Steve Wagner
Niclas Wallin
Kent Huskins
Jay Leach
Sean Sullivan
Eric Brewer
Dean Arsene
Nathan Oystrick
Randy Jones
Mathieu Roy
Sami Salo
Andrew Alberts
Nolan Baumgartner
Nathan Paetsch
Sean Collins
Brian Fahey

Unqualified RFA turned UFA dmen (Suprised by some of names)

Boris Valabik
Matt Hunwick
Andrej Sekera
Bobby Sanguinetti
Yannick Weber
Matt Taormina
Mark Fraser
Pavel Valentenko
Ryan O'Byrne

Andy Greene = Signed with Oilers for 3 yrs / 10.5 mil
Kevin Bieksa = Signed by Panthers for 2 years / 7 mil
Joni Piktaken = Signed by Senators for 5 years / 29.75 mil (Full NMC)
Nolan Yonkman = Signed by Coyotes for 2 years / 625k (2 way 135k in mnors)
Ivan Vishnevskiy = Signed by Blue Jackets for 2 years / 2.30 mil
Chris Phillips = Signed by Senators for 3 years / 13.5 mil (NTC)
Ed Jovanovski = Signed by Canucks for 3 years / 12 mil (NTC)

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006

I don't normally do this....but....

It's not about 2011-12, its an 8 YEAR CONTRACT. You seen Florida's future Top 6?

Gagne-Richards-Landeskog
Couturier-B.Schenn-Olesz/Repik/future UFA

This, plus they have Kulikov, Gudbranson and Despres coming up on D, and a future #1 in Markstro who could be almost ready now. This is a sick looking team, and frankly i felt Gagne and Richards are a great fit together (their styles mesh..and they've played for Team Canada before, and i swear they were on the same line in at least one tourney. 2003 maybe?), and having played in TB so long it's a familiar climate...some ppl like not shovelling all this **** snow (I know i would)

Now, i could see a couple other teams having a legit frustration over not getting Richards, but NYR??? Playing with a plethora of young stars vs Marian "Goes on the IR tying his shoes" Gaborik? What if he falters in his later years, will he get the same lynching from Ranger fans/media that Rozi and Redden are getting?? But the main reason is you kept low-balling him the whole way thru, offering the exact minimum to stay in contention while trying to sell that NYR was a 'legit contender' (of which there were better ones offering). Florida actually wanted him.

But everyone sees things their own way I guess. Suffice to say the joke would have been Brad taking a bite out of the Big Apple :laugh:

EDIT: Also i've cleared my Inbox. A couple guys might sign today but tonight should be another wave of them. Don't delay!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad