GM Game 5 Discussion Thread

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:leafs looking to make one last big deal, can include Marner/Nylander/Tavares/Robertson/Sandin/Liljegren etc

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Alright let’s start voting tonight at 6PM EST/3 PM PST. If anyone has any problems with this let me know SOON. I am fully willing to switch it back. Just doesn’t seem like there’s much activity today.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Alright let’s start voting tonight at 6PM EST/3 PM PST. If anyone has any problems with this let me know SOON. I am fully willing to switch it back. Just doesn’t seem like there’s much activity today.

I'll be putting up a voting thread with rosters at 6PM EST/3 PM PST (in 2 hours). Make sure rosters are fully updated in the rosters thread by 5:30PM EST/2:30PM PST (in 1.5 hours), and if you have a change to be made after that time you must DM me on some platform. I won't be checking the roster thread after that time.

Reactions: OB5

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
This was fun.

NYI improved its depth (https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1792901), but it's merely a playoff team rather than a contender. Its prospect cupboard is pretty barren too, but it's going to be even harder to play against than the 18/19 and 19/20 iterations.

I feel like I knocked it out of the park with NJD (https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1792257). Even the long-term contract outlook aligns almost perfectly with the end of Hughes' ELC with a safety valve in buying out JVR's contract if Seattle doesn't select him for the expansion draft. The defence is way better now than it was before, and the team has a young core of centres around Hischier-Hughes-Patrick-Zacha.

NJD should be really good in 2021/22.

Reactions: hockeynorth

OB5

May 2, 2015
When does voting end? Prob not going to be able to vote until tomorrow

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Sorry for the inactivity. Was planning to be active over the weekend and then I got absolutely slammed with work Friday afternoon.

Feel free to ignore the Nucks when voting. My bad.

The Pacific divsion is so weak and combined with Calgary re-building in this game, your Canucks might actually make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad