GM Game #5 by RR and IR4

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
But why only in Heatley's case? I mean, there were other players traded with a NTC/NMC and it was still valid after a trade.

It's a unique situation in that Heatley was believed by Sharks fans, capgeek, and even David Pollak (believed to be confirmed by Wilson or another major source) to not have a NTC. We didn't know why, and never got confirmation on the reasoning on why it was void- sharks fans assumed either, those people were wrong, or Heatley's NTC became void after he agreed to a trade.

No, the new team has the choice to reward it or not.

It was there as of January 7th from what I've seen on the Sharks board.

Yup, this one is on me, I am afraid. At the time of the game start it wasn't there, so I assumed that it, like trades or signings which take place during the game, hadn't occured. IR disagreed, and I must admit, I understand why.

We are looking to re-work the deal, but unfortunately, Staal, Michalek, or Heatley are all necessary pieces and we can't figure out something to change. With that said, if any team wants to work a three-way deal in which you receive Michalek or my first, and I got a comparable d-man to Michalek, I am certainly open to that.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:wings

Our 1st could be traded. Looking to move Jiri Hudler + 2011 1st in a package deal. Looking for cheap cheap players.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
It's a unique situation in that Heatley was believed by Sharks fans, capgeek, and even David Pollak (believed to be confirmed by Wilson or another major source) to not have a NTC. We didn't know why, and never got confirmation on the reasoning on why it was void- sharks fans assumed either, those people were wrong, or Heatley's NTC became void after he agreed to a trade.

Yup, this one is on me, I am afraid. At the time of the game start it wasn't there, so I assumed that it, like trades or signings which take place during the game, hadn't occured. IR disagreed, and I must admit, I understand why.

We are looking to re-work the deal, but unfortunately, Staal, Michalek, or Heatley are all necessary pieces and we can't figure out something to change. With that said, if any team wants to work a three-way deal in which you receive Michalek or my first, and I got a comparable d-man to Michalek, I am certainly open to that.

Agreed. If a 3rd team would like to get on this, were open to it.

that sounded really bad and made me lol

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Where the hell is Thrashers GM to make his pick... oh wait it's T_Cage! :sarcasm:

Pipe down :sarcasm:

Waiting until 7:40 for NYI...we'll start the clock now.

The list will be ISS (it's so-so, but the best list i have available), then CSB once the ISS list is exhausted. Like CR said, if someone couldnt be bothered to send a draft list i'm not too broken up if they dont like their guy...obviously some scouts do :laugh:

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
*****If you are working on a draft trade, PM ME to let me know, or you will be Auto-ed.

I'm willing to give a LITTLE on the 5-min clock if you are finishing up a deal, but dont drag this out (10 mins max)**********

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
:devils BUSY DAY IN NEW JERSEY

The New Jersey Devils have traded their 2011 first (2nd overall) and second (32nd overall) round picks, along with forward Kory Nagy to the Atlanta Thrashers for defenseman Zach Bogosian and Atlanta 2011 first round pick (16th overall).

We are thrilled to add a player of Zach caliber. He is already established in the NHL while being very young. The choice to part with the 2nd overall became obvious at the moment we realized that our guy would go 1st overall. Zach is very talented and he will bring a lot to our defense core for years to come.

In another trade, the New Jersey Devils have traded defenseman Jon Merrill and their 2012 third round pick to the Montreal Canadiens for forward Danny Kristo and Montreal 2012 2nd round pick.

It was difficult to let Jon go but at the same time, we were quite deep in terms of D prospects. On the other hand, we were looking to add some high end prospects up front. Danny didn't live up to the expectations this year but we are very confident that he will be back on the right track next year. He has a lot of talent and he has everything to succeed at the next level. His attitude fits well in the new mentality of our organization.
I feel the need to comment: every trade you've made so far on behalf of NJ has been great. It's nice seeing what a non-fan would do. But trading Merrill for Kristo is, IMO, a disaster.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I feel the need to comment: every trade you've made so far on behalf of NJ has been great. It's nice seeing what a non-fan would do. But trading Merrill for Kristo is, IMO, a disaster.

We'll see in a couple years but I know I might have a biased for Kristo.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:flames

Happy to have Landeskog in the flames organization. One year ago we were considered a team going no where in terms of our future, a middling #9-13 team. We bid adieu to our aging stars and now our team is moving forward with

Bobby Ryan, Craig Anderson, Vladimir Tarasenko, Gabriel Landeskog, Kevin Shattenkirk, Patrik Berglund, Mark Giordano, Tim Erixon, Ryan O'Reilly as our core players.

We're very pleased with our 1 year rebuild and with some FA signings we think we'll be a playoff team by next season and a serious contender within 2.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
The Red Wings and Hurricanes Have Made A Trade

to CAR:
Jiri Hudler + Brendan Smith + 28th

to DET:
Jiri Tlusty + 12th​

Honestly, the :canes have very little interest in Hudler and will be placing him on waivers and if he clears he will get a chance to earn his stripes down in Charlotte. Brendan Smith is the reason the Hurricanes do this deal. We are not big on this years draft, and after acquiring Del Zotto and now Smith our powerplay will be scary when this team gets older

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
The Red Wings and Hurricanes Have Made A Trade

to CAR:
Jiri Hudler + Brendan Smith + 28th

to DET:
Jiri Tlusty + 12th​

Honestly, the :canes have very little interest in Hudler and will be placing him on waivers and if he clears he will get a chance to earn his stripes down in Charlotte. Brendan Smith is the reason the Hurricanes do this deal. We are not big on this years draft, and after acquiring Del Zotto and now Smith our powerplay will be scary when this team gets older

Confirmed. It REALLY hurt giving up Smith, but we have our eye on a prospect we'd really like in Detroit.

Best of luck to Smith and Hudler in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad