GM Game #5 by RR and IR4

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:nhl TWITTER UPDATE

Bob McKenzie : Press conference expected tomorrow from the New Jersey Devils. While you shouldn't expect a trade, I was told to expect more than random comments from the draft. From what I am hearing, the Devils will have a new captain as soon as tomorrow.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
"We have a trade to announce". ;)

:wild

Jack Skille, Philip Paradis, Mirko Hoefflin, CHI 1st '11

:hawks

Martin Havlat, Carl Gunnarsson

Blackhawks confirm

Bringing back Marty gives us added depth and allows us to go back to rolling 3 scoring lines which made us successful these last few years.

He will be playing RW on our 3rd line with C Dave Bolland and LW Bryan Bickell. Him and Bolland had great chemistry as linemates in 08-09 season and Bickell fits the mold of Ladd who was there LW that year.

As it looks right now the Hawks top 9

Brouwer-Toews-Kane
Morin-Sharp-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Havlat

Gunnarsson is a nice young dman and will play as our #6 for upcoming season

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Sekera-Gunnarsson

Hawks have a few holes we will fill during FA and are ready to return to dominance of Western Conference

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Who's gonna be here for Round 2?

I'll be autoing it unless you PM me you'll be there

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:laugh:

I spent most of this game trying to get Grabovski
Everytime the response was only for an upgrade

How hard is that? That's at least 1/2 of the NHL :sarcasm:

***AGAIN, if you dont let me know you'll be on, your Rd 2 pick will be AUTOED (with no 5 min clock). Round 2 starts at 10:00EST. So far it's looking like a 30min round if that :D

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Ok, i'm not sure who has pick #37. The Draft list says Boston....but i thought Toronto acquired it?

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:rangers and :canes have come to an agreement on a blockbuster deal

to CAR:
Micheal Del Zotto
1st in 2011
2nd in 2011
Chris Kreider
Anisimov
Eric Christensen

to NYR:
Eric Staal
Joni Pitkanen

:rangers finally get the center they need to go with Gaborik and Frolov, ERIC STAAL, we are so glad to bring him to NY where we know he will shine and he now gets to play with his brother Marc which we know Eric is excited about. It was tough to see all those young pieces go, but you do what you gotta do to win and we feel that adding Staal and Pitkanen can give us a very good chance to win. An update lineup with them in it looks like this

Zuccarello-Staal-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko
Avery-Drury-Frolov

Staal-Girardi
Roszival-Pitkanen
Eminger-Gilroy

Lundqvist
Biron

And we now know that we can compete in the Eastern conference for the next few seasons to come.

I hate to do this again, but....didn't that NYR 2nd go to Carolina in the Staal deal? :help:

Yup.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
ok, that settles 37.

And it LOOKS like Toronto got pick 60 in that deal you reference, which NYR had acquired from WSH/CAR (at least thats what RR had in his draft list) but the trade says 'NYR 2011 2nd'...so im not sure. Can anyone shed light on that??

I'll keep the draft rolling. OTT (40) and TB (42) will be up in a sec

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Vancouver has added veteran forward Brendan Morrison for Aaron Rome + 2nd 2011. We could have had him at the start of the season, but could not afford him and now with only taking his pro rated hit we can afford him. We like adding Morrison because he allows our 4th line to take some valuable minutes up and even be a threat. Also if someone sturgles he can be put up on the wing of our 3rd line or 2nd line.

Barring any major changes we are done going into the playoffs. We feel we are a very deep team and our the best team in the West. The only team we had issues with was Chicago, they were just too deep for us to matchup against, but with losing 3 top 9 forwards we feel we matchup well against them and every other team in the West. Salo will continue to sit out

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Samuelsson - Kesler - Raymond
Torres - Malhorta - Hansen
Tambellini - Morrison - Glass

Edler - Ehroff
Bieksa - Hamhuis
Ballard - Alberts

Lunogo
Schnieder

LTIR: Salo

Well, that solves that problem.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Ok...there are a number of 'picks in dispute', and the HF server is wonky (I can't read PMs..pages arent loading. Is it just me? Cause other websites are working fine atm),

so i'm pausing the draft until IR4 or RR make a ruling on the picks (I know what IR will say about it, but im not overstepping my bounds :P).... Sorry guys

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00