GM Game #5 by RR and IR4

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
2624250.bin

A scary image indeed: Crosby has new winger in Heatley

The Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks pulled off a blockbuster early this morning, with Pittsburgh sending C Jordan Staal and D Zybanek Michalek to the San Jose Sharks for 50 goal scorer Dany Heatley and a 2011 1st rnd pick.

This will be the first time Sidney Crosby has had a big time scorer on his wing consistently, as he is likely to play alongside Heatley and Chris Kunitz

Confirmed.

It was difficult to trade a premier goal scorer like Heatley, but we needed a #2 d-man. In this deal, we recieved such a player, along with a premier lock down #3 center, who puts up second line numbers. We feel that David Booth and Jordan Staal will provide more than enough scoring to make up for Heatley, while those two and Michalek will bring much more in terms of defense and mobility. No doubt Heatley will look excellent next to the league's premier playmaking center, but this is a deal we make every time.

Our line-up is now:

Booth-Thornton-Setoguchi
Marleau-Staal-Mitchell
Clowe-Couture-Pavelski
McGinn-Nichol-Ferrerio

Boyle-Murray
Michalek-Braun
Vlasic-Demers

Niittymaki
Stalock

We also have 4 million in cap space should we look t upgrade in free agency.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Since Hawks have been unable to acquire a 2nd line C

We are now looking for top line LW or 2nd line LW

Trade block includes
LW Kyle Beach
D Dylan Olsen
Hawks 1st in 2011
Thrashers 2nd in 2011
Flames 2nd in 2011

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
i actually mistyped its 2 years. I had offered a bit more, but this is the deal that was accepted. So I'm not complaining

Oh ok. 2yr actually isnt so bad (considering the 2nd is 1way). I commonly give a little on fringe guys when the team is willing to offer 1way...

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:wings

Looking to move Jiri Hudler for a VERY cheap 3rd line center or #5 D, or a decent prospect.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
SEND YOUR DRAFT LISTS TO T_Cage

That would be great! I'll forward you the three draft lists I've received. Draft order should be up-to-date in the Draft and Trade thread.

Thanks, TC.

We will have to make sure that T-Cage is aware of draft picks that will be traded before and during the draft.

It might be a good idea if GMs could inform T-Cage since he will have to put even more time on this if he has to check in the thread before every selection to make sure there is not a last minute trade.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
According to cap geek, Heatley's NMC is still valid. So unless someone can disprove that (good luck, it's on ****ing capgeek), the trade is vetoed.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Deal to announce.

To :avs
Zack Miskovich
Francois Bouchard
Rights to Alex Semin

To :caps
John Michael Liles
2nd Round Pick 2011

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Florida has decided to hang on to the 5th overall pick...We feel there are 5 players in this draft that are head and shoulders above everyone else, so it's not worth trading down.

Extremely excited to be getting one of those five players.

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
Sabres Deal Vanek to Phoenix, acquire Tikhonov and Morris.
article_23239_1.jpg

To:coyotes
Thomas Vanek, LW

To:sabres
Viktor Tikhonov, RW
Derek Morris, D
Coyotes 1st 2011 (13th)

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:blues

There has been some interest in McDonald, Boyes, Colaiacovo, and Jackman, but no offer is interesting at this point. Keep them coming.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Florida has decided to hang on to the 5th overall pick...We feel there are 5 players in this draft that are head and shoulders above everyone else, so it's not worth trading down.

Extremely excited to be getting one of those five players.

While I can easily see your top 4, I would be curious to know who is the 5th guy who is head and shoulders above the others.

I guess I will have my answer tonight! ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad