GM Game #5 by Classic Devil, BigG, and IR4

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
:nashville

alexie_baby_ponikarovsky.jpg

Nashville is happy to announce the signing of LW Alexei Ponikarovsky to a 3 year, 3.25M/year deal. He will bring a great blend of offense, grit, and defensive awareness to our Nashville team. We look forward to what he will bring to our club.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:canes

The Carolina Hurricanes announced today that the club has signed Dominic Moore to a 1 year, $1,000,000 deal. Dominic will play on our 3rd line alongside Chad Larose and Brandon Sutter.

Sergei Samsonov - Eric Staal - Tuomo Ruutu
Jussi Jokinen - Zach Boychuk - XXXXXX
Chad Larose - Brandon Sutter - Dominic Moore
XXXXXX - Rod Brind'Amour - Tom Kostopoulus

Joni Pitkanen - Tim Gleason
Dennis Seidenberg - Niclas Wallin
Bruno Gervais - Andrew Alberts

Cam Ward
Mike Brodeur

We are still waiting to here back on a potential deal that would bring a former 40 goal scorer to Carolina.

Halifaxhab*

Tampa Bay Lightning announce...

That Cheechoo has now cleared waivers and has been bought out for 1M per year for 2 years.

He is now free to sign with any team in North America or Europe that will take him. We thank him for his services and wish him the best of luck.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:canes

The Carolina Hurricanes have waived Sergei Samsonov with the intention of buying him out.

Haligonian

---------
Dec 23, 2008
Halifax
:kings

KINGS ADD GRIT, LEADERSHIP TO BOTTOM-6

Owen Nolan - $1,750,000 per - 2 Years with NTC

and

Mike Grier - $1,250,000 per - 2 Years

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:thrashers

Sign Alex Frolov to a 5 year, 5M/Year contract.

Also, still waiting on the RFA agent to respond on resigning offers I made a while ago, and am still waiting on. The players are qualified, but I traded for the players after they were qualified and would like to get a firm cap hit locked down.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
San Jose is looking to move Clowe and Murray/Vlasic.

I will not trade Vlasic for any less than a blue chip forward prospect. Jason Demers could be added to the above deal to sweeten the deal.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto

Wow. Super weak. I was a few hours late for crying out loud, I not only work full time, but go to school part time as well as have a family to take care of, and I'm gonna lose it by 4 hours because I don't scan every single forum.

Could have at least sent me a PM telling me you were poaching him, but whatever - take him, he's a bottom pairing defenceman anyways.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
Wow. Super weak. I was a few hours late for crying out loud, I not only work full time, but go to school part time as well as have a family to take care of, and I'm gonna lose it by 4 hours because I don't scan every single forum.

Could have at least sent me a PM telling me you were poaching him, but whatever - take him, he's a bottom pairing defenceman anyways.

I thought his agent would've PM'ed you, doesn't seem like my responsibility.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I do plan on posting GM Game #6 sign up. I'm a little concerned because activity fell terribly in this game and almost no one completed their rosters. I'm hoping that's just because the cap drop wasn't friendly to work with.

I'm going to need people to help me for Game #6. PM me if interested in RFAs/UFAs/trades.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I do plan on posting GM Game #6 sign up. I'm a little concerned because activity fell terribly in this game and almost no one completed their rosters. I'm hoping that's just because the cap drop wasn't friendly to work with.

I'm going to need people to help me for Game #6. PM me if interested in RFAs/UFAs/trades.

Hopefully with no NHL hockey going on, we can get more interest in the next game.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

I think a lot of people threw up their hands and said, "Screw it, I'll fill in the pieces from the farm." Which is interesting, because I think that's a likely possible result of a dramatic cap drop, which leaves a lot of solid players out in the cold (literally - gogo KHL).

Also, with the RL trades, it's not surprising that people lost some interest.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I'm declaring that I signed Rene Bourque. I'm pretty sure I had the best offer anyway.

JVR-Richards-Kostitsyn
Bourque-Carter-Briere
Powe-Giroux-Downie
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Ranger
O'Byrne-Parent

Halak
Boucher

I think I did pretty damn well with the cap drop.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I'm declaring that I signed Rene Bourque. I'm pretty sure I had the best offer anyway.

JVR-Richards-Kostitsyn
Bourque-Carter-Briere
Powe-Giroux-Downie

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Ranger
O'Byrne-Parent

Halak
Boucher

That's not how it works. :P

--------------------------------
Kovalchuk-Tavares-Hemsky
Moulson-Bailey-Okposo
Bergenheim-Nielsen-Hunter
Martin-Konopka-Comeau

Streit-Hamonic
Souray-Hillen
MacDonald-xxxx

DiPietro
Roloson

Almost finished, just never got another dman. Don't have the space to call up Martinek.

I actually think my team is awesome. Good young top 6 and a textbook 3rd line. Matt Martin is frickin' epic and Konopka racks up the PIM (finally have a protector for JT). Comeau is....bleh.

My defense is probably my weakest point but I have 2 offensive veterans in Streit and Souray to lead out the young guys. Andrew MacDonald and Jack Hillen are probably 2 of the most underrated defenseman in the game. Hillen was the Isles best defenseman all year long until he took an Ovechkin slapper to the face a couple weeks ago. MacDonald has shined since he got called up (honestly - MacDonald is looking like a young Kenny Jonsson, and the best defenseman the Isles have had since KJ himself).

DP and Rolli is a solid 1A 1B.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008

JVR-Richards-Kostitsyn
Bourque-Carter-Briere
Powe-Giroux-Downie

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Ranger
O'Byrne-Parent

Halak
Boucher

How much did you sign Bourque for? I offered a contract also, never got a response.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Burrows-Sedin-Sedin
Raymond-Kesler-Grabner
Bernier-Hodgson-Hansen
Rypien-Talbot-Goc
Glass

Robidas-Mitchell
Ehrhoff-Edler
Salo-Klein

Luongo
Raycroft

It's probably time to give Grabner a shot, he shined briefly with the 2nd line this past season. I wanted to acquire a Bourque type player but the cap just wasn't allowing for it. Cody Hodgson is up, and we're hoping his linemates allow him to chip in 15-20 goals (I see a Jamie Benn type season) with some young players, and a big body in Bernier. Our 4th line is one of the best in the league in my opinion. Talbot is a 3rd line player and sometimes 2nd in Pittsburgh, having him with a defensive guy in Goc and a legit middle weight enforcer in Rypien, it'll be a crash and bang type line.

Our defense is much improved. Losing Bieksa and O'Brien, gaining Robidas and Klein.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad