GM Game #5 by Classic Devil, BigG, and IR4

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Preds add all-star defenseman Gonchar

gonchar.jpg

The Predators are extremely happy to announce the acquisition of all-star defenseman Sergei Gonchar. We jumped all over the opportunity to add this all-world defenseman to our lineup. The deal is for one year, 4M. The deal includes a limited NTC where Sergei will be allowed 8 teams he will accept a trade to. We now feel that our defense is far and away the best in the league, and if we can improve our offense a bit, we've got 3 #1 defensemen and a stud #1 goalie.

Weber-Gonchar
Suter-Bieksa
Franson-Hnidy

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Trade to announce

200px-Toronto_Maple_Leafs_logo.svg.png

RW Dustin Byfuglien

200px-ChicagoBlackhawksLogo.svg.png

RW Mikhail Stefanovich
C Joel Champagne

With Byfuglien's 3 mil cap hit we had to move on. Beach will be on our roster next season so we felt Byfuglien was expendable.

We acquired 2 good prospects. Our farm needs to be rebuild at the forward position as we traded a good amount to acquire the assets needed to win the Stanley Cup.

AlexMaz

May 28, 2009
Toronto
Trade to announce

200px-Toronto_Maple_Leafs_logo.svg.png

RW Dustin Byfuglien

200px-ChicagoBlackhawksLogo.svg.png

RW Mikhail Stefanovich
C Joel Champagne

With Byfuglien's 3 mil cap hit we had to move on. Beach will be on our roster next season so we felt Byfuglien was expendable.

We acquired 2 good prospects. Our farm needs to be rebuild at the forward position as we traded a good amount to acquire the assets needed to win the Stanley Cup.

confirm. Toronto is thrilled to aquire big bodied Dustin Byfuglien. We felt we REALLY needed to add a big body to our top 6 and Byfuglien brings that and more to the table. We are thrilled to add this guy to the roster.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:rangers

Rangers add Dubliewicz

article_24990_2.jpg

The New York Rangers have signed goaltender Wade Dubliewicz to a two year, 1M$ contract.

"Wade will provide us a solid, veteran backup to Henrik Lundqvist and provide us a wealth of experience from both overseas, and in the NHL," Rangers GM TribalPhoenix stated in a press release this evening.

"While we have depth in the goaltending department, we would like to give our younger goaltenders such as Zaba and Johnson the chance to refine their game in the AHL. When they're ready to compete they will have their chance, but we know Wade will not give up the job easily. It is his role to lose."

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:ducks BRING BACK SAMMY
sp.jpg

To Anaheim: | To Phildelphia:
Samuel Pahlsson|ANA 2nd Round Pick In 2011

The Anaheim Ducks have acquired a Stanley Cup Champion with Anaheim in 2007, Samuel Pahlsson in exchange for a 2nd round pick in 2011.

Sammy was one of the main peices in winning the Stanley Cup in 2007, his excellent two-way play really brings out the best in his teammates.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sorry guys. I'm out of this game. Just realized (took long enough) that my backpack was stolen from my car as well. So goodbye textbooks and notebooks, during midterm week. Gonna be a fun few days...

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
2.5 is a joke... Even without a market you'd see Evgeni go to Russia before getting paid that.

That may be true, however, at this point, Nabby is as American as he is Russian. He has been with the Sharks organization for 15 years and is married to a American girl. WHile I agree he won't be signing for 2.5 million (I'd be stoked with 4), there is a huge number of goalies who are capable as starters or adequate, or have the potential to do so (Harding, Halak, Schneider, Pavelec, Gustavsson). If Nabby hadn't received another offer, and his team (and it is as much his as any other player in franchise history) offered him a good shot at the cup, it wouldn't be out of the question for him to take it.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Sorry guys. I'm out of this game. Just realized (took long enough) that my backpack was stolen from my car as well. So goodbye textbooks and notebooks, during midterm week. Gonna be a fun few days...

That really sucks man. Losing cds and car parts is one thing, but if you are a diligent student (I am not- in operations management at the moment) than that would be brutal. Grab a friends notes and a copy machine. If you know someone who takes notes online so much the better.

Halifaxhab*

The Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to announce the signing of the ONLY UFA we had eyes on.

Goaltender Marty Biron has signed a 2 year 2.8M$ deal paying him 1.4M per season.

Marty will platoon duties with Tim Thomas and completes our roster.

Tampa will listen to offers on their players however we are not motivated to move anyone without a good offer coming our way.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:canes

The Carolina Hurricanes are pleased to announce the signing of goaltender Mike Brodeur to a 1 year contract, worth $575,000. Mike will be given the opportunity to take the back-up role behind Cam Ward.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
That may be true, however, at this point, Nabby is as American as he is Russian. He has been with the Sharks organization for 15 years and is married to a American girl. WHile I agree he won't be signing for 2.5 million (I'd be stoked with 4), there is a huge number of goalies who are capable as starters or adequate, or have the potential to do so (Harding, Halak, Schneider, Pavelec, Gustavsson). If Nabby hadn't received another offer, and his team (and it is as much his as any other player in franchise history) offered him a good shot at the cup, it wouldn't be out of the question for him to take it.

As the agent who accepted this deal, it was my thinking that in reality Nabby would never go without any offer whatsoever, and would have attracted a bidding war between the Sharks and several other NHL teams. I felt it more likely he'd be playing in the NHL in 2010-11 than in Russia. Money's ridiculous, I agree. I just don't see him leaving the NHL for one year of **** pay in a fantasy league.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Sorry guys... I don't think that I will be able to play in GM Game 6.

I was approached by Pierre Boivin to become the new GM of the Montreal Canadiens! :sarcasm:

I'm pretty sure that the organization was impressed with what I did in GM Game 4.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Coyotes Sign Yann Denis

Yann Danis has signed a 1-year, $500,000 deal to back up Ilya Bryzgalov in Phoenix next season.

Last year in New Jersey, where he backed up Martin Brodeur, Danis went 12-4-1 with a 1.94 GAA and .928 save %.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Kovalchuk has made a decision. Others will soon follow so please send in your best offers.

Review my last post to see the offers and give your best one. Feel free to include who they will be playing with and anything else that you think would be useful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad