GM Game #5 by Classic Devil, BigG, and IR4

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:isles

Islanders Sign Kovalchuk

r2144796999.jpg

The Islanders organization should have learned not to do this, considering the Yashin and DiPietro contracts. However, Islanders GM IR4 took advantage of this virtual cirumstance and jumped all over it. "I'm a dumbass!" said IR4 as he rejoiced with his team after the news broke of the signing.

The Islanders signed free agent LW Ilya Kovalchuk to a deal that tops them all. Kovalchuk will earn $140.1M during his 15 year stay on Long Island. He also was granted a No Movement Clause to ensure that he can have a place for his family to stay forever.

Isles' beat writer Katie Strang was able to get a comment from Kovalchuk following the news: "I uhh...was a little upset that they didn't throw in another...you know..$500 million dollars, maybe. This seemed a little low but I took it because it was the most I could get. I heard Long Island has good iced tea or something. I can't wait to buy a house there."

Kovalchuk is expected to join a line with John Tavares and Ales Hemsky.

The rundown of the contract is as follows:

1- $10.6M
2- $10.6M
3- $10.6M
4- $10.6M
5- $10.6M
6- $10.6M
7- $10.6M
8- $10.6M
9- $10.6M
10- $10.6M
11- $10.6M
12- $7.5M
13- $6.5M
14- $5M
15- $4.5M

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006

Islanders Sign Kovalchuk

r2144796999.jpg

The Islanders organization should have learned not to do this, considering the Yashin and DiPietro contracts. However, Islanders GM IR4 took advantage of this virtual cirumstance and jumped all over it. "I'm a dumbass!" said IR4 as he rejoiced with his team after the news broke of the signing.

The Islanders signed free agent LW Ilya Kovalchuk to a deal that tops them all. Kovalchuk will earn $140.1M during his 15 year stay on Long Island. He also was granted a No Movement Clause to ensure that he can have a place for his family to stay forever.

Isles' beat writer Katie Strang was able to get a comment from Kovalchuk following the news: "I uhh...was a little upset that they didn't throw in another...you know..$500 million dollars, maybe. This seemed a little low but I took it because it was the most I could get. I heard Long Island has good iced tea or something. I can't wait to buy a house there."

1- $10.6M
2- $10.6M
3- $10.6M
4- $10.6M
5- $10.6M
6- $10.6M
7- $10.6M
8- $10.6M
9- $10.6M
10- $10.6M
11- $10.6M
12- $7.5M
13- $6.5M
14- $5M
15- $4.5M

:handclap:
Nice Job, risky contract but is worth it to bring in a player of his ability.
What an amazing 1st line, Kovalchuk-Tavares-Hemsky :amazed:
Now I think with that roster you'd be a contender

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ

Islanders Sign Kovalchuk

r2144796999.jpg

1- $10.6M
2- $10.6M
3- $10.6M
4- $10.6M
5- $10.6M
6- $10.6M
7- $10.6M
8- $10.6M
9- $10.6M
10- $10.6M
11- $10.6M
12- $7.5M
13- $6.5M
14- $5M
15- $4.5M

BREAKING NEWS via McKenzie Twitter: NHL APPROVES ISLANDERS MOVE TO OKLAHOMA CITY. more to come

Halifaxhab*

Tampa Bay Places Cheechoo on waivers with the intent to buy him out

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
Edmonton has signed D Michael Sauer to a 3-year two-way deal worth $1 million per year in the NHL and 50,000 in the AHL. He will start the 2010-2011 season with our AHL affiliate.

Last edited:

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
He's on pace to be 3-1. The 12 isn't wins, it's games played.

Details, details. On pace for 4-1, actually. What do you care? You chose to not re-sign him! :sarcasm: (slithers away, wondering why anyone, after all these years, even cares about a player named Danis....:p:)

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
Rangers Defensman Ilkka Heikinnen has signed an offer sheet with the Edmonton Oilers worth $994,432 per year for 2 years, the Rangers have 24 hours to match.

Anaheim+Ducks+v+New+York+Rangers+aaJsPCyONrvl.jpg

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Tanguay has it narrowed down to two teams but he is open to other offers. The price is around 1.5 per for 2 years.

Kariya has an offer but it's lowballed. He will look for more money and if not he might retire.

Stempniak isn't happy with his offers either. He would like to get around 2+ per on a long term contract.

Bourque is close to signing with a EC team but we are giving a WC team a chance to get in the race.

Helm has a standout offer but is giving other teams a chance to match or raise. He is looking at somewhere in between 1.5-2.0 per year on a 3 year deal.

Latendresse and Abdelkader only have one offer but they feels they can do better than that.

Kovalchuk - signed
Poni - signed
Moore - signed
Weight will retire.
Grier - signed.
Nolan - signed
Nystrom - signed
Konopka - signed

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Phoenix :coyotes have signed free agent forward Manny Malhotra to a 2-year deal worth $3M ($1.5M per year).

Manny is the final piece we sought in putting together a lineup we believe can take us to the SC Finals this upcoming season. A look at our final roster will show we line up well with any NHL team out there.

We're excited for the new season to begin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad