GM Game #3 by TP, RR, and IR

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Anyone who thinks Cowen was acquired for ANY reason other than his unique contract (buyout of his contract results in a -650k/-750k "penalty" for 2016-17/17-18 respectively) is out to lunch.

He will be lucky to make it to the end of the season, he's a deadline asset for cap crunched teams, or he's an asset for Toronto in the sense of them moving Dion with not only 0% retention, but with an additional 650k in cap space for next year.

Oh I don't think they acquired him to keep him, but I think given his pedigree, the fact that there was a time where he had been performing quite well, and that he's going to get a change of scenery, it's not an absolute that he's completely done.

He's still 25 years old and going to a fantastic coach. I doubt he gets moved at the deadline, but he'll have the rest of the season likely to see what he can do.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Would like to see a few more people here first!

With the trade deadline being in 17 days, I think that we should at least try a sign up thread if we want to see if we can get something going.

Don't get me wrong, I know that you guys put a lot of time in those games and I know it can be frustrating to start a game that doesn't work.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:canes

I know it's still early but I've already had a couple GMs approach me in regards to Justin Faulk. He is not untouchable but I should give fair warning that his price is high. I do not plan to complete any deals until all teams are filled. Only untouchables are Lindholm, Hanifin and Lack.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
The Stars are looking for Top Six Wingers, Top Four Defensemen and Cheap (Salary-wise) Grinders.

Available are my picks and prospects like Honka, Gurianov, 1st 2016, etc.

I'd like to dump Hemsky and may give a late pick to get it done. ex. Hemsky + 6th for 7th.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:ducks

Likely going to wait until the off-season to decide what to do with Frederik Andersen and/or John Gibson. I value both guys pretty highly, and would rather wait until after the season to deal either guy.

Mainly looking to deal away UFA's (Perron, Stewart, Khudobin, ect) and re-tool the bottom-six. Willing to deal all 2016 and 2017 draft picks as well as all prospects (though Theodore and Ritchie will be tough to aprt with).

Biggest needs are a top-six LW with term, a top-four RHD and some young bottom-six depth.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens

Untouchable: Mike Hoffman, Kyle Turris, Bobby Ryan, Mark Stone, Erik Karlsson, Colin White, Thomas Chabot

Unlikely to be traded: Marc Methot, Dion Phaneuf, Cody Ceci, Craig Anderson

Available: Mika Zibanejad, Zack Smith, Curtis Lazar, Alex Chiasson, Patrick Wiercioch, Mark Borowiecki

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:jets

Biggest priority is maximizing our return on Andrew Ladd. We will not be re-signing him so he will be moved for the best offer from a contending team.

One of Tyler Myers, Toby Enstrom and Jacob Trouba could also be moved for the right offer. Biggest needs are young, LH'ed defensemen and potential top 6 centers.

One of Ondrej Pavelec/Michael Hutchinson could also be moved. Could potentially retain some salary and/or take on a cap dump in the case of Pavelec.

Mark Stuart/Adam Pardy both could be had for cheap for anyone looking for a bottom pairing defenseman.

Chris Thorburn/Anthony Peluso are available for cheap for anyone looking for cheap, bottom line grit/size.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:blues - Looking to improve our roster basically everywhere. If you can retain I'd be willing to pay even more. Parayko and Fabbri only move in a package for a 1C/1D though.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
:panthers

It is possible that both Jaromir Jagr and Brian Campbell will be available for futures. I am not looking to rebuild, but I must also think of the future, so if you're interested, send me a pm and we can talk.

My primary need is a high quality top 6 winger, preferably of a youngish age. However, we will listen to other ideas, but have no interest in a rental. We could potentially be looking for an upgrade on the left side of our defense as well. Nick Bjugstad, Howden, our picks, and certain prospects (including Crouse and Matheson potentially) could be available.

Brandon Pirri is also available for a young goal scoring winger.

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:flames

Giordano, Hudler(UFA), Wideman, Russell(UFA), Jones(UFA) and Colborne all on the block.

Looking to get young players/prospects and a legitimate starting goalie.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
:avs

Not particularly attached to anyone on the roster, but will build around Mackinnon and Landeskog. Willing to move everyone else if the deal is interesting enough. Names like Duchene, Barrie, Johnson, Grigorenko, Soderberg, Bigras, Rantanen, Zadarov, etc. I'm listening to.

Jarome Iginla has a NMC but would waive for a contender. Alex Tanguay in on an expiring deal and a 50% ret. contract leaves him at a cheap $1,250,000 for a Top-9 winger with much veteran playoff experience. He's got a less restrictive LNTC.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%20new%20logo%20hfb_zpsrdxccwai.jpg~original

Looking For:
- 2016 Draft Picks
- Defensive prospects (Preferably RHD)
- Goaltending prospect with starter potential
- Forward prospects with size and skill
- Players 24 and under

Shopping:
- Roman Polak
- James Reimer (Going rate is a 2016 2nd)
- Michael Grabner
- P.A. Parenteau
- Shawn Matrhias
- Jared Cowen
- Brad Boyes
- Tyler Bozak
- Joffrey Lupul
- Jonathan Bernier

Could Move (Unlikely):
- James van Riemsdyk
- Nazem Kadri
- Jake Gardiner