• CBJ 1st '15 (J. Roy)
|
:cbj
|
  • Teddy Purcell
  • EDM 1st '15 (O. Kylington)
|

:cbj Confirms.

It pains us to trade a player like Brandon Dubinsky, a do-it-all top 6 player with loads of intangibles who will thrive in Edmonton. He's a great fit for a young team. That being said we are thrilled to be adding Oliver Kylington to our system. He's got elite potential and, along with Ryan Murray, should give us two studs to build our defense around in the near future.

We are also happy to add Teddy Purcell who immediately helps our RW depth, which is one of our weaknesses that we wanted to address from last year.

This may not be all for Columbus as we have another potential blockbuster in the works. Stay tuned!

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks
Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-XXX-
Kassian
XXX-Horvat-Higgins
XXX-Higgins-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Tanev-Hamilton
Corrado-Sbisa
Stanton

Miller
Lack
Markstrom

Bolded are available as we head into the offseason. We don't expect XXX or XXX to make the team next year so they can go for cheap.

We will be bringing in a whole glut of prospects into main camp to see if anyone can earn their way onto the team. This incudes McCann, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, Connor, Svechnikov, Subban and more.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:bolts:

Jonathan Drouin-Steven Stamkos-Ryan Callahan
Ondrej Palat-Valterri Filppula-Brett Connolly
Alex Killorn-Tyler Johnson-Nikita Kucherov
Cedric Paquette-Brian Boyle-JT Brown

Victor Hedman-Matt Carle
Jason Garrison-Anton Stralman
Andrej Sjustr-Radko Gudas

Ben Bishop

After another disappointing 1st round exit we are looking to mix things up a bit in Tampa Bay. Our only untouchables are Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedman and Ben Bishop. Everyone else is available to varying degrees. We're not looking to re-build but rather shuffle the deck so to speak, so would prefer to make hockey trades.

A big, two-way top 6 center is our biggest priority heading into the off-season.

Last edited:

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
:bruins

Looking to shed cap, have futures that can be added or willing to downgrade. PM me.

Last edited:

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:bolts

Looking to move some combination of Ondrej Palat, Tyler Johnson, Alex Killorn, Brett Connolly, Radko Gudas, Mark Barberio and Andrej Sjustr for a two-way, top 6 center with size, preferably in the 23-27 age range. Jonathan Drouin could also be moved, but would need an top level talent in return.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:jets

We are extremely excited to have brought in three elite young players into an already deep system. Connor is one of those "can't miss" prospects, a player that we see as the face of our franchise for the next 15 years. Colin is no slouch either. He possesses high end vision and puck skills, he has a very solid two way game, which is continuing to develop, and does not back down from physical play. Zack Werenski is a big defenseman with a lot of upside and mobility, he will further solidify our depth on the blue line with Trouba and Bogo.

Probably just going to sit tight and look to bring in some experience in FA, but we are still willing to listen to offers. Looking mainly for a #1 goaltender, and a top four LHD.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Bob McKenzie : Marc Staal is expected to test free agency.

No actually he is under contract until he's 34....he signed an extension just like Jordan did after he was acquired

I insist that the Canes would never trade Skinner without getting an extension. So since the trade wasn't vetoed....the extension happened....and you weren't the agent.

;)

/logic

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
No actually he is under contract until he's 34....he signed an extension just like Jordan did after he was acquired

I insist that the Canes would never trade Skinner without getting an extension. So since the trade wasn't vetoed....the extension happened....and you weren't the agent.

;)

/logic

You must be new to these games. It's very rare pending UFA's re-sign in these games, mostly to make the UFA period more interesting. Just because you're justifying the trading of Skinner by saying he would only be dealt if Staal agreed to an extension doesn't make it so. If that were the case anyone could've overpaid for any impending UFA and used the same reasoning.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
2nd round is done.

Thanks for the Draft Wolf!

Calgary Flames organisation are very happy with their 1st and 2nd round pick.

''Noah Hanifin will be a franchise defenseman for us. He's a big defenseman with elite hockey IQ, great skills set, vision, passing, a very solid in his own-end. Solid leader as well, Noah is the complete package and will be a top defenseman in the world''.

''Alexandre Carrier is another defenseman with high upside. His hockey IQ, vision and passing are off-the-chart. Great offensive, puck-moving defenseman. A leader who plays a solid two-way game as well. Once he adds strength, he'll be a very solid defenseman''.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
You must be new to these games. It's very rare pending UFA's re-sign in these games, mostly to make the UFA period more interesting. Just because you're justifying the trading of Skinner by saying he would only be dealt if Staal agreed to an extension doesn't make it so. If that were the case anyone could've overpaid for any impending UFA and used the same reasoning.

I'm not new I'm just saying there was no agent when the trade happened.

I don't mind keeping things "interesting" but I thought we were being "realistic" as well. Having FA's switch teams just for fun is cool but these days most guys get extensions in place unless there really isn't room for them.

No biggy though. I made my offer.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I'm not new I'm just saying there was no agent when the trade happened.

I don't mind keeping things "interesting" but I thought we were being "realistic" as well. Having FA's switch teams just for fun is cool but these days most guys get extensions in place unless there really isn't room for them.

No biggy though. I made my offer.

Well if there was no agent at the time of the trade than that's the risk you took by acquiring an impending UFA. I know in these games I avoid acquiring UFA unless I'm simply using them for a playoff run as the likelihood of them signing is extremely rare. How often do UFA acquired at the deadline sign with their new teams before testing the market? I'd say the percentage is miniscule.

That said, Staal to Carolina is an interesting situation as there is speculation he will end up there anyway so I can see where you're coming from.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
:canes

I'm pretty satisfied with the Canes "season". I think realistically with the addition of Glencross, Berglund, Hagelin and Staal that the team would be battling for 4th place in the Metro along with the Isles, Flyers, Caps, Rangers and Jackets.

Having a more competitive season while adding a top 10 pick and getting development from Lindholm, Faulk, Murphy, Fleury and retaining AHL stars Terry and Boychuk should go a long way for the future.

Also, this season would have been Ward's last chance. Since the Canes "didn't make the playoffs" in this game Ward will be the scapegoat and he will be traded or bought out to make salary room and give more games for Khudobin and/or an improve starter.

There would have been ongoing talks with the Staal brothers mother about her dream to have all her boys play on the same team as well and considering the price paid to get Staal the Canes would probably have signed Marc Staal to a fair extension by now lest he risk awkward Christmas and Thanksgiving...every year....for the rest of his life...

"Marc could you pass the potatoes, dear" Mother Staal (potatoes are in front of Eric)

Yeah so...Canes are going to buy out Cam Ward....so he is now an FA. FYI.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

;)

/logic

That's not the way it works.

Staal made a counter to stay with Carolina and it was rejected. He will be an UFA when free agency will begin.

If you have a problem with it, feel free to PM the commishs.

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Minnesota, Nashville, St-Louis, Winnipeg, Arizona, Los Angeles and New York Islanders, please send your offers before tomorrow night.

Winnipeg has sent their offers. I will auto-qualify other teams RFA tonight until I get their offers.

I will be away during the weekend so I will only take PMs on my phone.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
That's not the way it works.

Staal made a counter to stay with Carolina and it was rejected. He will be an UFA when free agency will begin.

If you have a problem with it, feel free to PM the commishs.

I don't have a problem with it. I've mentioned several times that the Skinner trade was based on an extension and posted what a likely Staal contract would look like.

You pm'd me a message saying what you thought Staal would sign for as an FA....7.5 million?

I could offer him league max....but I wasn't negotiating really....and wasn't saying he was an FA. I am just explaining a trade that already happened. You can do whatever you want as the FA guy.

;)

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs RE-SIGN RFA

Alex Galchenyuk 7.5M$ for 2 years (3.75M$ per)
Jonathan Huberdeau 6M$ for 2 years (3M$ per)
Brendan Gallagher 6M$ for 2 years (3M$ per)
Jarred Tinordi 2M$ for 2 years (1M$ per)
Michael Bournival 1.5M$ for 2 years (750k per)
Magnus Nygren 1.5M$ for 2 years (750k per)
QO to everyone else

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs around for trade talks. More than 6M$ in cap space and only a backup goalie to sign.

Max Pacioretty "A" - Tomas Plekanec - PA Parenteau
Jonathan Huberdeau - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Jiri Sekac - Lars Eller - Sven Andrighetto
Jacob De La Rose - Michael Bournival - Brandon Prust
* Dale Weise, Travis Moen

Jarred Tinordi - PK Subban "A"
Andrei Markov "C" - Tom Gilbert
Alexei Emelin - Magnus Nygren
* Greg Pateryn

Carey Price
XXXX

Last edited: