GM Game #1 by T_Cage, TP, and IR4

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:bruins

FORWARDS

Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($8.000m) / Tyler Seguin ($5.750m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / David Clarkson ($2.500m)
Rich Peverley ($3.250m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / Matt Beleskey ($1.000m)
Daniel Paille($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN

Zdeno Chara ($6.916m) / Johnny Boychuck ($3.366m)
Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m)
Adam Mcquaid ($1.566m) / John Erskine ($0.600)
GOALTENDERS

Tuuka Rask ($4.500m)
Jose Theodore ($0.900m)

Just waiting on a signing for the 2nd line... Pretty happy with our Stanley Cup and off-season, kept the core intact and kept some depth.

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
Could be wrong, but according to my capgeek work Boston is over the cap if he wants that line-up for the regular season.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Avs have signed RFA Jamie Benn to an offer sheet at 6.25/year for the next 5 years.

Avs waive Greg Zanon and use their amnesty buyout on Shane O'Brien.

Avs are done unless something crazy comes along.

Roster:

Ryane Clowe - Jamie Benn - PA Parenteau
Gabriel Landeskog - Ryan O'Reilly - Steve Downie
Jamie McGinn - Paul Stastny - David Jones
Cody McLeod - Lars Eller - Brad Malone

Victor Hedman - Erik Johnson
Kimmo Timonen - Ryan O'Byrne
Jan Hejda - Ryan Wilson

Semyon Varlamov
JS Giguere

So what does everyone think of my roster? I think they're a playoff contender, and with some experience could be a Cup Contender in a couple of years.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
So what does everyone think of my roster? I think they're a playoff contender, and with some experience could be a Cup Contender in a couple of years.

CONS:

Stastny as a 3rd line centre is a waste - a great asset, but you could trade him for a rock solid 3rd line guy + amazing other assets.

Your right side is homogenous at this point - I don't see any real difference between your 3rd and 1st line right wingers, as I feel they could each produce roughly similar numbers without anyone excelling.

I don't like Eller as a 4th liner. Will screw his development, as I think he could be an elite 3rd liner/solid 2nd liner.

PROS:

Great depth on defence; they may not be number one guys, but they're great depth and will develop well together. Hedman and Johnson could be the leagues best pair for many years.

Dynamic forward corps with a lot more grit than the Avs have seen in several years. The addition of Clowe will take pressure off Landeskog and give him a perfect mentor.

CONCLUSION:

Have misused assets at forward, but could easily turn them into sought after ones. Defence is a work in progress, but could be a masterpiece. Goaltending is spotty without a proven prospect in the works, which could limit their effectiveness. That said, enough available assets (with the right development) to address key holes, though no truly franchise players.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Since this one is dead in the water the Jets will officially use their amnesty on Chris Thorburn and are now 500k (ish) under the cap. Good game gents, see y'all in the next one.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I might skip the next one unless there's a little gap between both games since I have a crazy week coming up.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
"and on the 64th day of the lockout, He said.... let there be a game to end the dark cloud of greed and entitlement within the league, and spread the joy of fantastical control of my most National of Hockey Leagues."

And IR4 and RR appeared. HC appeared as well, but he was busy trying to re-sign Mike Rathje to a 30 year, max level contract. And a slew of rookie GM's appeared, going 20M$ over the salary cap.

And He knew that this was...... well... a bad idea to create Jeremy Jacobs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad