GM Game #1 by T_Cage, TP, and IR4

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
WELCOME BACK TO PITTSBURGH SERGEI GONCHAR!

The Penguins have signed UFA Defenseman Sergei Gonchar to a 3 year deal that will pay him $2.2 million per year, as well as a Partial NTC that gives him the right to list 12 teams he WILL accept a trade to. We look forward to having Sergei back in the fold here in Pittsburgh, and we look forward to three great years ahead!.

:pens :pens :pens

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:sabres Seriously people, Thomas Vanek and Ryan Miller are available. You were all so eager to ask about them before the trade deadline.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Becoming increasingly likely we keep Ryan Kesler.

We've had a ton of offers (over 10 teams), but only a few are teams Kesler would consider waiving his NTC too, and even fewer were offers I'd actually consider.

If you have a competitive, playoff team and want a #1b/elite #2 C, PM us.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
One of the top tier goalies has signed. Expect goalies to be flying off the shelves quickly now.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
BREAKING: San Jose has signed Roman Josi to an offer sheet. It is a 1 year deal worth 2.25mil. They would lose a 2nd round pick if the sheet goes unmatched.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:jets

Have signed Nik Khabibulin, Andrew Ference, Francis Bouillon and Grant Clitsome. All contracts are worth $1,500,000/season over 2 seasons.

The Jets are now shopping Mark Stuart, Jim Slater and Chris Thorburn for picks/prospects or for a young 3rd line C/RW.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Maybe I calculated it wrong, but the Pens are 10 million over the cap.

I had a feeling about this. I'm almost inclined to say we should flat out revoke the Corey Perry contract and put him back to market simply because he didn't have the cap space and the contract would have been voided outright by the league.

Rookie GM's....... :shakehead

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I've asked him to send me a report of his cap situation. We won't void the contract as long as he is under the 10% offseason rise.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I've asked him to send me a report of his cap situation. We won't void the contract as long as he is under the 10% offseason rise.

With the amnesty buyout (Paul Martin), he should be fine.

With that being said, I don't know if he could sign Gonchar without going over the cap.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
In preparation for some big announcements we have later today, the :blues send down Jaden Schwartz to Peoria. He has a two-way contract. There he can get experience and seasoning playing top line minutes, instead of bottom 6 another year here. It also opens up some roster space for us.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:leafs

The Leafs have just sent an email to all 29 other clubs that Nazem Kadri is relatively available. We are looking for a prospect-for-prospect swap on this.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I will be taking offers for Lubomir Visnovsky until 5:00pm EST. $4.5M/year on a multi-year deal is the starting point if you're interested.

Ron Hainsey, Tom Poti, Joe Corvo, Mike Lundin, Alexander Sulzer, Steve Eminger are a few of my notable clients still unsigned and looking for work.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
:avs

The Avalanche have learned that Milan Hejduk has decided to call it a career. We are both sad and happy about this announcement, sad because it is an end of an era, but happy because Milan has given our franchise so many fantastic years. We hope that he remains in Colorado as a part of the team sometime down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad