Line Combos: GM/Coaching criticism

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
hey man, when i smell smoke, i look for fire

dumbass has been a big SJW warrior,, diversity hiring's and the likes

why would that mind set change if you have 2 players that are pretty well equals right now?

And that is the crux of the problem here because it seems the organization is more concerned with being at the forefront of leading the NHL into new age than winning in the here and now

Every player Dubas brought in that had ‘grit’ has been neutered in short order

Muzzin went from one of the most feared hitters in the league to a guy who now prefers to use his stick to break up plays

Brooks, who added tenacity and drive to the lineup, was rewarded with the pressbox for standing up for himself and taking a BS minor for getting punched in the face

Engvall and Simmonds started running around and being mean, and we were smashing the Habs, and then they just stopped, and we whimpered out without a fight

It’s pretty clear there is an organizational philosophy and the players are being told to toe to line

Hell, it’s not a coincidence that this team was the only one in the league to announce a diversity hire on the brink of the playoffs

PRIORITIES!

Last edited:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
When is Dubas addressing the media? How long is he going to be waiting until facing the looming questions hanging around him.

Shanahan honestly should be fired no matter what direction Dubas goes in. He's been with the team since 2014 and hasn't experienced any success since his hiring. His decision to chose Dubas over Lou/Hunter/Outside vet, his decision to give Babcock another chance post-2019 failure, his decision to give Dubas full autonomy these past 2 years and allow for a rookie AHL coach to try and win us a series.

The Shanaplan was just a slogan, there never was an actual well thought out detailed plan which could deal with the pressure of building a cup winner. He's the biggest fraud we have in the organization.

I'm hoping we fire Shanahan and then bring Rutherford as either the President or the GM. If Dubas is willing to have less control and say then he can get one final crack as the GM for next year, otherwise replace him with Jim Rutherford, and then bring in a coach like Gallant and a hard-nosed assistant coach.

Keefe, Shanahan, Malhotra, that idiot Hakstol should all be removed and potentially Gilman, Dubas and other scouts/personnel he brought in should be removed if the new GM/President doesn't think they are a good fit

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
When is Dubas addressing the media? How long is he going to be waiting until facing the looming questions hanging around him.

Shanahan honestly should be fired no matter what direction Dubas goes in. He's been with the team since 2014 and hasn't experienced any success since his hiring. His decision to chose Dubas over Lou/Hunter/Outside vet, his decision to give Babcock another chance post-2019 failure, his decision to give Dubas full autonomy these past 2 years and allow for a rookie AHL coach to try and win us a series.

The Shanaplan was just a slogan, there never was an actual well thought out detailed plan which could deal with the pressure of building a cup winner. He's the biggest fraud we have in the organization.

I'm hoping we fire Shanahan and then bring Rutherford as either the President or the GM. If Dubas is willing to have less control and say then he can get one final crack as the GM for next year, otherwise replace him with Jim Rutherford, and then bring in a coach like Gallant and a hard-nosed assistant coach.

Keefe, Shanahan, Malhotra, that idiot Hakstol should all be removed and potentially Gilman, Dubas and other scouts/personnel he brought in should be removed if the new GM/President doesn't think they are a good fit
Dubas doesn't deserve another chance to screw this team up further, he's got to go down with the Prez. Paging Larry Tannenbaum...............

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Apparently tomorrow after exit interviews.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Can’t see him being fired to be honest.
It appears we are keeping Shanahan, Dubas and maybe even Keefe(he is a maybe)

I don't get how you can fire Keefe but keep Dubas. Dubas vouched and put his career on the line by going with Keefe indicating they were on the same page and were focused to win under a similar styled approach

If keefe is gone, then Dubas should be as well imo.

Shanahan should 100% be gone. I can stomach the other 2 being brought back but that dude does nothing but make poor decisions, give crappy speeches about his time in Detroit (acting like he wasn't a huge problem with certain organizations/teammates).

Ive never been more frustrated to be a leaf fan in my life. Last year I was sad/depressed but this year IM f***ing pissed/lived and can't ignore the team. I created a thread that was there to look forward to last year once we were out but I just don't want to think about moving forward with all 3 of these individuals in the organization again.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I think it might actually happen, if not I'm taking a sabbatical from the team. I see nothing but more of the same if he's retained. I'm sure Bell and Rogers are getting tired of no playoff success i.e. no tv exposure for their ownership of the team?
Sorry but as Leaf fans why should we expect something to happen.
This is like expecting a 1st round win.

Keep hoping for both and getting neither.

Reactions: rumman

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
I think it might actually happen, if not I'm taking a sabbatical from the team. I see nothing but more of the same if he's retained. I'm sure Bell and Rogers are getting tired of no playoff success i.e. no tv exposure for their ownership of the team?

Unfortunately, seeing how Rogers and Bell run the other parts of their businesses, I would not be surprised if they do nothing other than jack up ticket prices, cell phone rates and cable prices. I hear they want George Stroumboulopoulos as President and GM.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Unfortunately, seeing how Rogers and Bell run the other parts of their businesses, I would not be surprised if they do nothing other than jack up ticket prices, cell phone rates and cable prices. I hear they want George Stroumboulopoulos as President and GM.
true that, can't argue with that logic........

Reactions: killer1980

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Dubas doesn't deserve another chance to screw this team up further, he's got to go down with the Prez. Paging Larry Tannenbaum...............
I dread to think we’re going to allow him to do the draft next week you know what we’re going to get potential potential potential no heart no heart no heart No trust factor with this man fire Dubis now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad