Lindblom-Patrick-Jake
Farabee-Frost-Silfverberg
Laughton-Pimp-NAK

Provy-Ghost
Cannon-Gudas
Morin-Myers

Hart
Talbot

Silfverberg would be a great pick up. He'd be so good on our 3rd line.

I'd be fine with Talbot. Edmonton f***s up a lot (which we NEVER do :sarcasm:) so he's likely better than he looks.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
I believe one of Gudas/Hagg is gone before the TDL (hope Ghost is untouchable) and Myers will be given a shot in NHL. If Morin still can play hockey he should be given a shot too.
Here's the pairs I'd like to see at the end of the season (in no order)
If Gudas's gone:

Provy - Sanheim
Morin - Ghost
Hagg - Myers
Folin/Amac

If Hagg's gone:

Provy - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Myers
Folin/Amac

If Morin is not ready.
Gudas's gone:

Provy - Ghost
Sanheim - Myers
Hagg - Folin
Amac

Hagg's gone:

Provy - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Amac - Myers
Folin

Reactions: dats81

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I don't really want Ferland, I'd take Sifverberg over him easily. I see him as a lowish-skill bottom sixer whose gotten a fair amount of ice time, including PP time, the past two seasons with top-line players. He's a break-even Corsi guy this season while getting 61% offensive zone starts.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I want these pairs for next season, and it definitely requires the LHV kids getting in 20+ games this year:

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Myers
Friedman

Reactions: Tripod

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I want Giroux at center for at least another two seasons. Obviously his line and Couts' line should be like 1A and 1B, with Couts drawing the tougher defensive assignments. I think you go all-in on a scoring line with Giroux and live with the fact that they'll give up some goals, too. And then hope that one of Frost or Patrick develops into a center that gives you mistmatches vs. bottom sixers. If both Frost and Patrick develop the way we hope, then Giroux can move to wing in 2021.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I believe one of Gudas/Hagg is gone before the TDL (hope Ghost is untouchable) and Myers will be given a shot in NHL. If Morin still can play hockey he should be given a shot too.
Here's the pairs I'd like to see at the end of the season (in no order)
If Gudas's gone:

Provy - Sanheim
Morin - Ghost
Hagg - Myers
Folin/Amac

If Hagg's gone:

Provy - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Myers
Folin/Amac

If Morin is not ready.
Gudas's gone:

Provy - Ghost
Sanheim - Myers
Hagg - Folin
Amac

Hagg's gone:

Provy - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Amac - Myers
Folin

I believe we need to have a Morin - Ghost pairing for at least a couple of games to win back the fanbase creaming over the possibilities of them playing together for so many years. It's also an inevitable karma thing. If they don't make it happen, nothing good will ever happen again.

Last edited:

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I don't want Ceci or Smith too..

Stone would be a gem. Duchene, Pageau, Tierney, Dzingel would be really good. Maybe Anderson as a backup for next season would be OK. Everyone else is shit (expect Chabot but he is untouchable I think).

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I want these pairs for next season, and it definitely requires the LHV kids getting in 20+ games this year:

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Myers
Friedman
I'd switch ghost and Myers and probably have some vet as my 7th. Friedman needs to play every day.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
No he doesn't. The point of having TONS of prospects is you don't have to bring in shitty vets to fill out the bottom of the roster, something the Flyers haven't grasped yet. Friedman will be 24 next year, he'll have 140+ games of AHL time and 3 years of college, his ceiling is probably a No. 4 or 5, I'd say he's been well f***ing marinated.

I'd rather have the most talent available at all times rather than maximize his development. Or we can do something like Tampa does with Cernak and rotate him in and out of the lineup and give everyone a rest once in a while.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Chuck Fletcher looks like he is a toupee model.

Yeah that mop top is brutal. Hes making himself look older with it. Would look 10 years young with a nice clean fade on the sides, trim the top down to about 2 inches, and comb it over with some pomade.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
No he doesn't. The point of having TONS of prospects is you don't have to bring in ****ty vets to fill out the bottom of the roster, something the Flyers haven't grasped yet. Friedman will be 24 next year, he'll have 140+ games of AHL time and 3 years of college, his ceiling is probably a No. 4 or 5, I'd say he's been well ****ing marinated.

I'd rather have the most talent available at all times rather than maximize his development. Or we can do something like Tampa does with Cernak and rotate him in and out of the lineup and give everyone a rest once in a while.
Having 3 of your 7 D men who have played a combined 8 games in the NHL and 2 others who are 22 plus a 20yo goalie! That is a recipe for disaster. Tampa has the reigning Norris Trophy winner, multiple allstar McD, Stralman and Coburn. Mature talented and experienced.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Having 3 of your 7 D men who have played a combined 8 games in the NHL and 2 others who are 22 plus a 20yo goalie! That is a recipe for disaster. Tampa has the reigning Norris Trophy winner, multiple allstar McD, Stralman and Coburn. Mature talented and experienced.

1. We're not Tampa.
2. Two of Tampa's defensemen are 20 and 21 years old. All of those 7 will be older than that next year.
3. Did you miss the part where I said they all need to get 20+ NHL games this year?
4. If we're signing Erik Karlsson or trading for Jake Muzzin at TDL I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'm not interested in any veteran defenseman.
5. You know in real life the Flyers will be going with proven vet Andrew MacDonald, and my plan is better.
6. Pointing out players' ages is something Ron Hextall did.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009

A disaster, like the current one we are witnessing, with necessary experienced players, right? This fear of ruining prospects when you have a ton you need to evaluate at the nhl level is toxic.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
“Dale, go home and wait for a trade”

“Wayne, go stand in front of the net and try to deflect these rubber bullets that are flying at you at 100mph”
Seriously.
Ottawa scouts watch us. We watch them. Again and again.

Who can be in play? Duchene? Stone? Or only something like Weise?

Flyers have been after stone for some time. I’d think they are trying to get him now. That’s a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad