GM Chuck Fletcher (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I actually dont think Varone has looked that bad in his stint, but he shouldn't be dressing regularly over someone like NAK, Vorobyev, or any other prospect that they think haas anNHL future.

Seeing Lehtera back in the line up is even worse though

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
If Fletcher is spending any more time on Varone or Raffl than it took for me to read the last page or so he needs to be replaced. With Myers ready to come up to the big club and Morin waiver exempt he needs to figure out the best way to restructure the D and maximize any return/cap on those moves. Plus he needs to trade Simmonds, make sure we dont screw up hopefully the last top ten draft pick we will have for a long while and find the right coach to lead us to repeated glory/parades over the next ten years. Thats a lot on his plate.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A lot of changes will come in February, I'd be surprised if there are major trades before the allstar break.
Teams like to wait to see if they're still in contention before making moves, and waiting a month lowers the cap hit from an acquisition, making it easier to put together trades.

Another month in the AHL won't hurt players, and it might help them to get more intensive coaching with Huffman and Murray.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If Fletcher is spending any more time on Varone or Raffl than it took for me to read the last page or so he needs to be replaced. With Myers ready to come up to the big club and Morin waiver exempt he needs to figure out the best way to restructure the D and maximize any return/cap on those moves. Plus he needs to trade Simmonds, make sure we dont screw up hopefully the last top ten draft pick we will have for a long while and find the right coach to lead us to repeated glory/parades over the next ten years. Thats a lot on his plate.

Why are you lumping Raffl in with Varone?

Reactions: DaphneLion

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Teams like to wait to see if they're still in contention before making moves, and waiting a month lowers the cap hit from an acquisition, making it easier to put together trades.
I hear this line every season. The flaw in this is that waiting can cause lost opportunities. Ex-Dallas and other teams in their boat. The sooner that they clean up thir issues, the better their place in the standings and match up in the POs. The opportunities and or games lost in October through the TDL count just as much as those lost in early spring.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

tenor.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Great job by Chucky to put Weise on waivers when he wasn’t even ready to demote him, just so Lehtera could prove that he has no business playing this league.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So? Like it matters?
Lehtera ended his career.
But Weise still has no future.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I have not soured on Fletch whatsoever apart from the Myers bullshit.

Hexy had to go without question.

Just wanted to clarify. Disliking Hagg has nothing to do with that.

Edit wrong thread (sort of)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Great job by Chucky to put Weise on waivers when he wasn’t even ready to demote him, just so Lehtera could prove that he has no business playing this league.

What's even worse is trading Weal for a 6th just so you can dress Lehtera instead of promoting a deserving prospect.

Fletcher is throwing up a TON of red flags so far.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He better be passively tanking because if he's actually trying to win games then he's going to be a horrible GM.

We'll see more of what he's made of when he makes his first big decision with Simmonds.

I'm withholding judgement on Fletcher so far. We don't know enough of what's going on behind the scenes and very little has been done for us to judge.

Reactions: Tripod

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
What's even worse is trading Weal for a 6th just so you can dress Lehtera instead of promoting a deserving prospect.

Fletcher is throwing up a TON of red flags so far.
Lehtera almost lost last nights game by himself. He needs to stay in the lineup.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
He better be passively tanking because if he's actually trying to win games then he's going to be a horrible GM.

We'll see more of what he's made of when he makes his first big decision with Simmonds.
We all know Simmonds will get a concussion in practice right before the deadline and won’t be traded.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

If only Hextall pulled his head out of his ass last summer, fired Hakstol, and embraced the prospects he spents years hoarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad