GDT: Gm 8: Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres - 10/23/13 - 8P ET - NBCSN, TSN2, RDS2, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
It's really a mystery what is going on there, he really was great as a rookie. Can't come close to that level four years later.

I can't for the life of mr remember but who was he paired with his rookie year? I wonder if it wasn't something along the lines of the Chara affect (where being paired wih Chara raises your level).

I also think good D-men take longer to develop and perhaps Myers has gtled because there isn't a strong defensive mentor or coach to push him to the next level.

Right now Bart looks better than Myers-but Bart has has excellent coaching and mentoring that pushed him beyond the train wreck of a couple of seasons ago.

I think Dougie would probably look bad too if he had little coaching or mentoring and was left to anchor a pairing. Dougie IMO is blessed with solid coaching and fantastic NHL veteran mentors.

And gotta say it was awesome to see Krug own the Buffalo defense last night. On one goal I think it was hilarious to see this little guy play strong on the puck and orally undress them.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I can't for the life of mr remember but who was he paired with his rookie year? I wonder if it wasn't something along the lines of the Chara affect (where being paired wih Chara raises your level).

I also think good D-men take longer to develop and perhaps Myers has gtled because there isn't a strong defensive mentor or coach to push him to the next level.

Right now Bart looks better than Myers-but Bart has has excellent coaching and mentoring that pushed him beyond the train wreck of a couple of seasons ago.

I think Dougie would probably look bad too if he had little coaching or mentoring and was left to anchor a pairing. Dougie IMO is blessed with solid coaching and fantastic NHL veteran mentors.

And gotta say it was awesome to see Krug own the Buffalo defense last night. On one goal I think it was hilarious to see this little guy play strong on the puck and orally undress them.

I'm pretty sure he was paired with Tallinder as a rookie, Tallinder walked as a UFA to the Devils in the summer following the season. The Sabres reacquired him in a trade this past summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad