GDT: Gm 8: Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres - 10/23/13 - 8P ET - NBCSN, TSN2, RDS2, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
Apparently on the main board the Bruins injure and maim a large number of players a year. I asked for a list each season and I got

2010 - 1 player
2011 - 4 players
2012 - 2 players

Doesn't seem like a large number in ANY of those seasons. Funny how on the main boards they're giving Scott a pass and saying suspended for being too tall yet when Chara does something it seems like the world is going to end.

the main boards are ****ing terrible. fantastic examples of the collectively stupid.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I tweeted him as well. Clown is comparing Salo/Marchand to this. :laugh:

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
He has an in person hearing so he will get a bunch.

I guess I'm just not as optimistic when it comes to the wheel of justice that the NHL implements.

I'd like to see a minimum standard for blind side hits to the head. Like an automatic 10-15 games.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Please tell me you were the one that made fun of him for being a ginger :laugh:
LOL! No, I was terying to use facts and calling him out for his constant anti-Bruin stance on everything.

Funny part is, he was doing a full court press on trolling the Bruins in the playoffs last year, was on his best behaviour when the Avs were in boston and as soon as he had a chance he trolls again....the guy is a ******. the only reason I follow him is so I can call him on the constant ******** that he posts.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Because videos such as Shanny's exist now, people take it upon themselves to compare hits to others.

What I find laughable is just how people reach. Any hit compares to any hit. How in a world where pigs fly and Habs don't dive, does the Marchand hit on Salo compare to Scott's? Okay, both may be classified as dirty. But, how the **** do they compare? Oh, that's right, they don't.

The internet gives people this tool to start conversation and I'd say 75% of people completely **** and mock the privilege, by just stating things that make no sense and just stating sweeping generalities with nothing to back it up.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Thorton's last few seasons in his role or JOB have been less than par. Tonight events are perfect example of a need of replacement in that JOB. He could have done his JOB in the period before when they were at the faceoff. Instead Scott runs around and seriously hurts a top 6 player. This is not the only time in the last few seasons where Mr. Merlot turns down a heavy only to have that opponents heavy to run our good players the rest of the game. The bruins could perhaps acquire a legit young heavy and with soupy/pie have champagne.

Amongst all the dumb stuff said in this thread, this one takes the cake. Not only the scrap in the 2nd period solves nothing in the 3rd, but you also suggest to screw up the best 4th line in hockey.

The response by McQuaid was sufficient. Part of the match penalty is to get the offender off the ice. No further retaliation was necessary. Depending on the length of suspension I expect something to happen when the B's play Sabres next time.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I think most of us can agree we hated mid to late 90's Bruins hockey with nothing but hacks and goons playing ****** hockey and being able to match up toughness wise to any team on the ice.

With how some of you talk, it's like you want to go right back to that. It's all "get revenge" "show them we're tougher" blah, blah, blah....get another tough guy (even Habs fans are admitting we're the toughest team in the league...JUST THINK ABOUT THAT)

It's like a bunch of you are wannabe dictators living vicariously through the game of hockey and the Boston Bruins.

And as I write that, I think of the comment relating the idea of having nukes because other countries have nukes to this. Ahhh, it's just too good to make up.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Don't know if anybody else posted this but Ryan Miller's actress wife tweeted this right after Lucic got hit with the puck:

Noureen DeWulf ‏@noureendewulf

She's one classy lady. :laugh:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
good win for the boys.
i honestly thought they were gonna lose in that third period. with johnson in net, and seeing how many great chances they blew away.

great to see them control that game, but man, the sabres are horrible out there. I cant rememebr seeing a worse performance by that team in some time.

The sharks are gonna seem like the 80s oilers after playing that piss poor team last nite. and playing 3 bad teams in a row.

anyways, about the hit. brutal. not an elbow, but the guy had it in him to injure the player. He was definitely hitting to injure there. Nothing more to say about it. I honestly think he's getting 10 at least.

hopefully loui is ok, but id like to see the B's replace him with spooner if he's out.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't know why I ever volunteered to be a mod on the main board. I can feel my IQ dropping every second.

Someone just said, and I'm not exaggerating, that if Lucic never hit Miller, the Sabres wouldn't have had to sign Scott and none of this would have happened.

:laugh:

You gotta be kidding me.

That excuse-it makes my brain hurt.

Glad he's getting the in person.

Personally I think it will come in around 5 games but Shanahan seems to be getting close to the point where his head wants to explode and he throws the book at somebody. Scott is the perfect guy to hit with it. Even the Sabres won't really miss him (shoot Sabres need guys who can score goals in the line up not pylons on skates-a suspension will probably make them better).

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Oh and Quaider came in on Scott as fast as he could-wasn't much of a fight and Scott went down easy-and then the Linesmen were there to stop it. I suspect the guys in the striped shirts already knew Scott was going to be gone it just wasn't official yet.

So my question is who plays where with Eriksson out (pretty sure at the very least we aren't seeing him tonight)? My guess is Marchy goes back to the Bergy line and Caron slots in at RW with Kelly.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don't know if anybody else posted this but Ryan Miller's actress wife tweeted this right after Lucic got hit with the puck:

Noureen DeWulf ‏@noureendewulf

She's one classy lady. :laugh:

No, Karma is little miss precious spending her winter in Edmonton, which is where hubby will be moved to;)

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
This is why Buffalo sucks. They are in a supposed rebuild, yet down by two, John Scott is on the ice. Wouldn't want some young kid getting that experience over captain plug.

I find it hard to believe that they don't have a prospect worthy of a spot over him. They are so obsessed with trying to be tougher, yet outside of Scott, they are the softest team in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad