GDT: Gm 8: Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres - 10/23/13 - 8P ET - NBCSN, TSN2, RDS2, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

RoyalRivalry2_zps65e8d504.png

RivalryPanel1_zpse9b30510.jpg

RivalryPanel3_zpsbc485fbe.jpg

RivalryPanel2_zpse76f9c6e.jpg

StickSalute_zps8c2ab8d7.jpg

TheCombatants_zps49fdfd80.png

BUFLineups_zps4c659520.png

BehindtheNumbers_zps994b0032.png

SabresStats_zpsdb251689.jpg

TigersonaGoldLeash_zpsf4dfe7d6.png

Blades_zpsa5ad739e.jpg

MascotPaper_zpsc9850d0c.png

SoxySeidenmoose_zps2128fa7d.png

Seidenmoose Sawx.

:bruins

This Rivalry Night GDT is brought to you by...
ThortsSox2_zps8d2b7bb3.jpg

....because Shawny Dangles was, is, and will always be twice the hockey player of John Scott.

:bruins

Disclaimer 1: I apologize for any and all spelling/grammar errors and for the cosmic tragedy this will bring upon the Bruins. I take full responsibility if the Bruins lose if I misspelled Zemgus Girgensons' name. As far as lineups, A. it's my guess B. it doesn't mean I favor one guy over another and C. if you don't like it, feel free to sign up in the GDT signup thread where you can speak with the GDT Overlords. If you're offended, annoyed or verklempt by something contained within this GDT...bring it up with Mr. Shawn Thornton, who will dupe you as he winds up a right hook then goes top cheddar with a wicked dangle that will make you pee your pants in embarrassment.

Disclaimer 2: Allegedly, the Red Sox are playing in Game 1 of the World Series tomorrow night. Boston teams have now reached 12 championship series in the last 13 years. Our bad. This has been your New England Sports minute.

Cheers,

LoochSox_zpsb0a2d842.jpg

Last edited:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I don't really get how Sabres and Bruins are BIG rivals. NBC whatever is showing some show tonight highlighting the rivalry. Granted I didn't watch hockey in the 80s and 90s but were they even rivals then?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Blades would kick Sabretooth's ass !

I will watch the B's and flip over to the Sox after . I am sure some of our Sox fans will keep us updated

HERE WE GO BRUINS ...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I don't really get how Sabres and Bruins are BIG rivals. NBC whatever is showing some show tonight highlighting the rivalry. Granted I didn't watch hockey in the 80s and 90s but were they even rivals then?

Yes.

Brad Park's OT goal, the May Day goal.....it's been more lopsided in recent years but in the 80's these teams played a lot of closely contested games and a lot of playoff meetings.

This would be a good time to remind folks that if they don't understand why Buffalo/Boston is a rivalry to go brush up on their Hockey history....the sport did exist prior to 2010 ;)

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Yes.

Brad Park's OT goal, the May Day goal.....it's been more lopsided in recent years but in the 80's these teams played a lot of closely contested games and a lot of playoff meetings.

This would be a good time to remind folks that if they don't understand why Buffalo/Boston is a rivalry to go brush up on their Hockey history....the sport did exist prior to 2010 ;)

HEY! I became a major fan in 2008 after attending the Lucic glass shatter game. I was old enough to appreciate the game then and not when my father brought me to one at like 5-6 and complained I only wanted a hot dog and pointy finger. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Dear Buffalo,

Thank you for giving up on Dan Paille.

Xoxo,

Bruins fans.

Yippie Pie-yay! Go Bruins and Sox!

Love Seidenmoose :)

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Sucks this is an 8pm game can't watch any of the B's on TV

bruins streaming on the laptop...Sox on the big screen

Ignore scott...get a big lead rest up and get ready for a real team in the sharks on Thursday

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Comparing the lineups. There isn't a single played on Buffalo I would take over the Bruin you have matched up against them. This is the best Bruins team I have ever seen assembled.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Good nite to start johnson.
Ill be watching the broons. No baseball in this house.
Thurs is gonna be the real test though

774EVER

& Now 374EVER

My Thoughts exactly. But then I started to think to myself, maybe I should be looking at this from the other POV. From Buffalo's perspective, the Bruins are their biggest rival? No? If not then who? Listening to 550 every morning, they absolutely think so - they loathe the B's as much as the Habs loathe them, especially after the Lucic / Miller thing.

Considering that the Bruins have been in the league for 90 years, big time rivalries have formed over the years. Montreal, Rangers, Flyers - these rivalries push all the rest to the backseat. With the Montreal / Boston rivalry being the biggest in the league, i think we often forget that there are other teams that have a big time hate for the B's. Toronto's for example had been percolating for years (Thank You Kessel) and skyrocketed after the comeback. Form Ottawa's perspective, the Leafs are their hated rival, but from Toronto's POV its Montreal 1, Bos 2, with Ottawa a distant 3rd, maybe fourth now that Det is back in the same conference.

Anyway. I was just wondering if we looked at the entire league from their POV, who else would have the Boston Bruins as the team they hate most. I'm looking at you too Vancouver :laugh:

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I don't want to be a Danny Downer but I can't help but think this game has 'letdown' written all over it. Inferior opponent on the front end of a back to back while a good SJ team is probably going to be waiting for the Bruins in Boston. I hope the boys aren't looking ahead to the SJ game.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
ha! Nice touches, SOM.

Not a baseball fan at all. Someone the other day mentioned that if you like hockey first everything else is too slow. That's me too.

Go :bruinss!

2ka RasK*

]Go REDSOX!!

Err, I mean go REDSOX!!!!

Umm, Go BRUINS!!! and REDSOX!!!

Lucic, Thornton and with the goals obviously.

And Campbell View attachment 67917

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
what the ****? Buffalo's mascot isn't a buffalo? Get out of here with that nonsense.

I thought the exact same thing. Why is a tiger a Buffalo mascot? They loose in that department too!

Maybe they are getting ready to play some home games in Hamilton.
You can't exactly have a slug as a mascot so they went the cute cat route.

Using a Buffalo was way too easy. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad