GDT: Gm 79: Boston Bruins @ Minnesota Wild | 4/8/14 | 8P ET | NESN+ | 98.5 FM

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I agree...the so called prestige of finishing first means nothing to me...it's having home ice all the way through...we still will probably win but wrap,it up early Claude...
Might not mean anything to you, but I'm sure it means something to the players. They have worked extremely hard all season and deserve it with their torrid March. $100,000 would make a nice night out on the town as well. lol They seem to be accomplishing it while resting key players so looks like a win win.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Because having healthy players is the #1 Most Important Factor in the playoffs.

Krejci, Iginla and Miller all could have played tonight. Chara could have played 30 minutes. For what? So they Bruins will have home ice for an opponent they MAY face in the SCF? Who, BTW, lost tonight?

Okay, if staying healthy is the most important thing, then do you rest everyone for the last three games?

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
14 of the last 18 SC winners had home ice.

I get that we won in 2011 in a game 7 on the road, in a building we hadn't won in yet....but what exactly are you trying to argue? You don't want guaranteed home ice?

I'm arguing the fact it's not a big deal and that some people are making it out to be that the sky is falling if the Bruins don't finish first.

Canucks were one of those 4 who didn't.....

member 96824

I think I would rather start on the road against St.Louis.

Care to elaborate?

There is only one team in the league better than the Blues at home...that's the Bruins.

So why would you rather game 1,2,5 and 7 on the road?

I mean, just purely thinking about strategy and matchups, this is a crazy comment.

member 96824

I'm arguing the fact it's not a big deal and that some people are making it out to be that the sky is falling if the Bruins don't finish first.

Canucks were one of those 4 who didn't.....

What does Vancouver have to do with anything?

I don't think anyone is arguing the sky is falling, I think most are reasonably saying they'd rather the B's have home ice guaranteed through the playoffs and it would have been nice if the Bruins could have closed the door in the final minute tonight. I'm lost on why this is even rebuttal worthy? Like I just pointed out, only 4 of the last 18 teams without home ice have won the cup final. Great, we did it in 2011..that's fantastic...doesn't make me want home ice any less..

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
Care to elaborate?

There is only one team in the league better than the Blues at home...that's the Bruins.

I mean, just purely thinking about strategy and matchups, this is a crazy comment.

The playoffs are a whole different ball game.....let's hope the Bruins make it to the Finals.

You're painting a picture with the Bruins already there....

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Because having healthy players is the #1 Most Important Factor in the playoffs.

Krejci, Iginla and Miller all could have played tonight. Chara could have played 30 minutes. For what? So they Bruins will have home ice for an opponent they MAY face in the SCF? Who, BTW, lost tonight?

I fully agree with resting those guys..it was just puzzling to me the team tonight played pretty decent and with a 3-2 lead and you have a PP you have 4th lines guys out...and Caron late in the game with goalie pulled...

Anyway...let's just clinch it and then rest everyone...

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
What does Vancouver have to do with anything?

I don't think anyone is arguing the sky is falling, I think most are reasonably saying they'd rather the B's have home ice guaranteed through the playoffs and it would have been nice if the Bruins could have closed the door in the final minute tonight.

Vancouver won the President's trophy, had home ice advantage,and lost to......

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Lets not pretend that giving up goals late in the period is a new thing. It's been a weird trend all season for the B's.

I highly doubt they said 'welp...we've played 59 of these minutes, lets take the foot off the pedal to make sure we stay healthy"

Trend? You got the data to back up this trend?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Care to elaborate?

I think the Bruins are totally capable of winning 1 game in St.Louis and then we will come back and win both our games at home.I just don't think it would be a tremendous disadvantage to start on the road.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Dont care, season is too long, coasting etc etc.

You all get the drift.

member 96824

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 · 37m
5 seconds away from being in the final minute, but still- B's need to address giving up goals early & late- has been an issue this season

:laugh: All the data I need!

No, I don't have numbers though, but it's happened quite a bit this season at the end of periods. Almost like they let up a bit at the end of the period.

I'm not too worried about it come playoff time, but it is something that's been weird for this team throughout the season.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

They blew one against the Penguins where Crosby tied it, I'm struggling to remember other ones but I haven't watched every game. The Bruins have the best winning percentage in the NHL leading after two periods. Buffalo tied a game late too, so that's three times they've blown leads in the final minute, any more?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Okay, if staying healthy is the most important thing, then do you rest everyone for the last three games?

The players who are most in need of rest should and will get it. That's why Krejci sat tonight. Julien said if it was the playoffs, Iginla and Miller would have played. Instead, they rested. Expect to see others sit on Thursday.

The only teams going pedal to the metal now are the ones battling for a berth. The Bruins battled to secure the conference and have the luxury to rest and heal. They'd be insane not to take advantage of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad